Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf (1024 Views)

Suicide Bomber Kills Civilian JTF In Maiduguri / Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe / JTF Kills 35 Boko-Haram Members In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by londonrivals: 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
Joint Task Force (JTF) personnels in Damaturu, the Yobe State capital have complained of over stay at duty post since posting to the state nine months ago.

They accused the military authority and other security authorities of being insensitive to their feelings and well-being as human beings.
According to them, they had over stayed in their duty post as they were not relieved after spending nine instead of six months.

Speaking to us at one of the check-points, one of the soldiers said,“You journalists need to help us speak to the authorities through your medium as our families are worried as some of our wives had to come to join us at this check-point.”

The soldiers, who did not give their names pointed to some make shift houses as where their families were now living.

According to them, they had been pleading with the authorities for sometime now to at least have some days to check on their families but their request were not granted.

“Our wives thought we are dead when they did not see us return home after nine months, so they decided to come over. We now leave with them in those make shift houses.

“You the media are our hope, when you speak through your medium the world would know how we are faring, but I tell you it is not palatable at all.”One of them told us in Damaturu.

www.metronaija.com/yobewe-have-families-we-want-to-go-home-jtf/
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Garrithe1st: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Una don tire to "slam" the local girls??

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
No wonder dem no dey perform lik der adamawa counterparts..Govt shld listen to der plight.
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 17, 2013
See these stupid clowns, you are on assignment ordered by the commander in chief and you have the guts to complain? this is national assignment, we all know the military is stretched but complain from personnel is unacceptable and those talking to the media should be fished out and made example of. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by lauyanAbuja: 2:01am On Jul 17, 2013
@Divide us, your thinking faculty is truly divided, May God put u in a position that u will never see your family for 9 months. Amen. Wicked soul.

2 Likes

Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by malele(m): 4:45am On Jul 17, 2013
DivideUs: See these stupid clowns, you are on assignment ordered by the commander in chief and you have the guts to complain? this is national assignment, we all know the military is stretched but complain from personnel is unacceptable and those talking to the media should be fished out and made example of. Nonsense

Guy u must be a very wicked human being,

2 Likes

Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by gbadexy(m): 6:48am On Jul 17, 2013
Why are you people attacking the guy for speaking truth, weren't they aware of what they signed up for?
Foreign troops that go for a year tour each in afghanistan and middle east don't complain.
Nine month is still reasonable na, they are soldiers for God's sake and soldiers spend much more than that in peace keeping missions.
This isn't even supposed to be on media.

1 Like

Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Tolexander: 7:11am On Jul 17, 2013
lauyan Abuja: @Divide us, your thinking faculty is truly divided, May God put u in a position that u will never see your family for 9 months. Amen. Wicked soul.
what is this specimen from nonsense family you have typed for goodness sake.
The guy was very right and on point on the post. It is military and there are no reasons whatsoever for them to complain. They have already known that.
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by gennym(f): 9:54am On Jul 17, 2013
That is why you don't take panzies into the military. Don't they know what being a warrior is all about!
I second the motion to make some examples
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 17, 2013
lauyan Abuja: @Divide us, your thinking faculty is truly divided, May God put u in a position that u will never see your family for 9 months. Amen. Wicked soul.

malele:

Guy u must be a very wicked human being,
[quote author=malele]

See these donkeys, the rotation in the military only happens when there are enough personnel to go round, do you know how much goes into this rotations, pls fools use your brain, you signed up for it and it is expected that you know things will go as ordered and not as you want so live with it, if it continues like this with soldiers talking anyhow to the media, morale will be low and next will be desertion and you know what that is abi, not only will they not go home, they will be sent to jail or even worse, so if your fathers are other ranks better advice them. Ode

Oh by the way, how did you know "wicked soul" is my nick name!
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by drberry(m): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2013
Chei ya... I really feel pity for these guys. They've realy tried for the nation. I think the gov't should shuffle them and send another troop there to replace them cos they need to spend time with their wives and kids too. sadChei ya... I really feel pity for these guys. They've realy tried for the nation. I think the gov't should shuffle them and send another troop there to replace them cos they need to spend time with their wives and kids too.
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by drberry(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2013
Chei ya... I really feel pity for these guys. They've realy tried for the nation. I think the gov't should shuffle them and send another troop there to replace them cos they need to spend time with their wives and kids too.
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by malele(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
DivideUs:

iberibe
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
Lol. I thought they were the best in Africa cheesy cheesy

Why would someone join the military VOLUNTARILY and complain about the missions.
U signed up. deal with it!!
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
malele:

iberibe

monkey! not everyone is from your village cool
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by lauyanAbuja: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Divideus you deeply and a complete epitome of a straight jacketed symbol of an undesirable element! So soldiers should just stay at the battle field or road blocks for ever and serve your drunken father while he is giving head to some sisi eko. Abi. The information I have for your demented brain is those. Soldier signed for 6 months and so also that what the authority decided! Am a human right activist and no unscrupulous element will gag or intimate me. Not now, today or 2morow. People like u will not stand tear gas let alone serious up rising!!
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by lauyanAbuja: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Divideus you deeply and a complete epitome of a straight jacketed symbol of an undesirable element! So soldiers should just stay at the battle field or road blocks for ever and serve your drunken father while he is giving head to some sisi eko. Abi. The information I have for your demented brain is those. Soldier signed for 6 months and so also that what the authority decided! Am a human right activist and no unscrupulous element will gag or intimate me. Not now, today or 2morow. People like u will not stand tear gas let alone serious up rising!! Every day corrupt top officers steal the entitlements of the soldier and feed them peanuts at war front. And then people that can stand petty thief with knife will open his smelly mouth and talk baldadash!
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by lauyanAbuja: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Divideus you deeply and a complete epitome of a straight jacketed symbol of an undesirable element! So soldiers should just stay at the battle field or road blocks for ever and serve your drunken father while he is giving head to some sisi eko. Abi. The information I have for your demented brain is those. Soldier signed for 6 months and so also that what the authority decided! Am a human right activist and no unscrupulous element will gag or intimate me. Not now, today or 2morow. People like u will not stand tear gas let alone serious up rising!! Every day corrupt top officers steal the entitlements of the soldier and feed them peanuts at war front. And then people that can not stand petty thief with knife will open his smelly mouth and talk baldadash!
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by lauyanAbuja: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Divideus you deeply and a complete epitome of a straight jacketed symbol of an undesirable element! So soldiers should just stay at the battle field or road blocks for ever and serve your drunken father while he is giving head to some sisi eko. Abi. The information I have for your demented brain is those. Soldier signed for 6 months and so also that was what the authority decided! Am a human right activist and no unscrupulous element will gag or intimate me. Not now, today or 2morow. People like u will not stand tear gas let alone serious up rising!! Every day corrupt top officers steal the entitlements of the soldier and feed them peanuts at war front. And then people that can not stand petty thief with knife will open his smelly mouth and talk baldadash!
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by Akpaife(m): 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
drberry: Chei ya... I really feel pity for these guys. They've realy tried for the nation. I think the gov't should shuffle them and send another troop there to replace them cos they need to spend time with their wives and kids too. sadChei ya... I really feel pity for these guys. They've realy tried for the nation. I think the gov't should shuffle them and send another troop there to replace them cos they need to spend time with their wives and kids too.
Them never want 2 go home when them r ready we will no since nine months them never end boko harm n u wat him 2 go back no where u must finish ur work b4 u go home abeg go back 2 work
Re: Yobe:“we Have Families, We Want To Go Home”–jtf by IdomaLikita: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
Losing Morale in an Internal Security Assignment?
Their Mates in Mali, Darfur, Somalia and Maiduguri kwanu?
Please, our enemies should not hear this biko

(1) (Reply)

Former Vice President, Atiku Abukakar – “I Am Not As Rich As Don Jazzy” / If I Wre President,islam Will B Banned Nd All Churches Burnt Down- Kemi Olunloyo / We Nailed Ibori With Forged Documents, Prosecution Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.