Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport (41872 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Lands At Port-Harcourt Airport Ahead Of Rerun Election. Photos / Crowd At Port-harcourt Airport To Welcome Dakuku Peterside.pics / Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by kachi04(m): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2013
mikegbali: Four northern governors were stoned at the Port Harcourt International Airport as they arrived the state capital for a solidarity visit on the governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

Also stoned was Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka who was also visiting the state for the umpteenth time. Incidentally, Soyinka has been a very frequent visitor to Rivers State in the recent past.

The youths who came together under the Grassroots Development Initiative (GDI) may have laid ambush for the convoy and started raining stones on the convoy as they were to move out of the airport vicinity.

The affected governors are those of Niger, Babangida Aliyu, Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, Kano State, Rabiu Kwankwaso and Jigawa State, Sule Lamido.

A member of the GDI said the youths were angry that the governors, like the others who have been visiting the state since the crisis started, were coming to take away the state’s money that would have been used for development.

According to him, the youths were also angry that Soyinka was becoming a regular guest in the state. Only recently, Soyinka was quoted as saying that the president should be held responsible if anything happened to Amaechi.

The youths said Soyinka’s frequent visits were suspicious, hence their reaction, which they said would stop more people from coming on similar visits.

http://todaysnewsnowonline.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=580:northern-governors-soyinka-stoned-at-port-harcourt-airport&catid=52:world&Itemid=79
una no see gun use? Abi una be learners?
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by debowalescot(m): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2013
too bahd see portharcourt fools

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=pistol]

I lost respect for the nobel laureate when he contested that Achebe was not the father of african literature.
What a turncoat,
Ur best friend at that.
Why did you not contest these fact all these while that the colossus was alive.
See the nobel laureate,
Crisscrossing the country and giving his jaundiced and biased opinion as if we give a damn.
I can only shake my head.[/quote

including the 4 northern govs,a case of removing the speck in anodas eyez whereas a log is in theirs.what have they done to their crisis ridden and poverty stricken staes.mtchewwww

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by kasiem(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2013
if d youths had stoned pej, they would be termed progressives, but now they've done it to the opposing party they are retrogressives, hypocrites. i thought u guys were claiming that every di-ck and harry in rivers are suppoerting amaechi?

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by softwareman(m): 9:45am On Jul 17, 2013
Zither: I see that you people have been fatally brainwashed. You are rabid dogs gone loose and out of control. On a mere note of insubstantial suspicion you guys will unwittingly plunge the Country into an era of ethnic and tribal division capable of engendering another civil war...

If you have any grouse with them, as humans you would seek a medium of expressing your grouse so that a resolution would be reached amicably...without hurting the peace and unity of the Country..

Rivers is already immersed in a pool of crisis threatening its very foundations but your irrational action of giving a hostile welcome to dignitaries who cut across different tribes has set the tone for this conflict to ripple across the country as a whole....history is about to repeat itself in Nigeria...thanks to you and your half-wit fellows
I THANK YOU. HONESTLY I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT SEEING THE GREAT DANGER THIS PORTENDS. ONCE RETALIATION STARTS WHERE WOULD IT STOP: PATIENCE GOES TO LAGOS THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE STONES HER OR JONATHAN GOES TO KANO ALMAJIRIS STONES HIM. ONCE WE GET TO THIS JONATHAN WILL END UP AS THE MAN THAT PRESIDES OVER THE BALKANISATION OF THE COUNTRY. IS THIS THE LEGACY HIS SUPPORTERS WISH FOR HIM.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by dandollaz: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2013
Revolution
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by softwareman(m): 9:54am On Jul 17, 2013
kasiem: if d youths had stoned pej, they would be termed progressives, but now they've done it to the opposing party they are retrogressives, hypocrites. i thought u guys were claiming that every di-ck and harry in rivers are suppoerting amaechi?
IF I UNDERSTAND YOU THE BEST WAY TO SHOW THAT SOMEONE IS NOT POPULAR IN A PARTOCULAR PLACE IS TO INSTIGATE OR SUPPORT VIOLENCE? SO IT WILL BE ALRIGHT IF THEY START STONING PEJ OR GEJ IN CERTAIN PARTS OF THE COUNTRY TO EXPRESS THEIR DISPLEASURE?
SEE THE PROBLEM IS ONCE YOU CONDONE AND JUSTIFY IT NOW , YOU CANNOT COMPLAIN WHEN THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Olaolufred(m): 9:55am On Jul 17, 2013
EDWIN CLARK DESERVED THIS ROYAL TREATMENT IN LAGOS.
WE NEED TO WLECOME HIM IN A MAJESTIC WAY.
THAT PRECEDENCE IS A GOOD ONE.
SE MO WI IRE?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by kolado(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2013
software man:
YOUR RESPONSE SHOWS HOW SMART YOU ARE AND HOW DAFT I AM. SMART PEOPLE ABUSE PEOPLE AND DAFT PEOPLE DISCUSS ISSUES.
He keeps on fooling himself on NL. I thought i was the only one that noticed his stupidity.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by extraflyfineboy(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2013
Jeezyy: This one is strong!!!

Employed thugs

Every thing was hapening too fast and I was so scared! Quickly, I stood up and rushed to my room but stumbled on a stool and fell. Still feeling the pain on my kneel, I stood up, rushed to my room and banged the door behind me. I lay on my bed begging sleep to take me but it wouldn't. I heard a swift noise, then my curtain began to move. I saw a shadow like creature standing behind my curtain peeping at me. It was the monster! He had come to take my soul.
Conttinue @ http://umehoma.com

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by pastandy(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2013
mikegbali: Four northern governors were stoned at the Port Harcourt International Airport as they arrived the state capital for a solidarity visit on the governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

Also stoned was Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka who was also visiting the state for the umpteenth time. Incidentally, Soyinka has been a very frequent visitor to Rivers State in the recent past.

The youths who came together under the Grassroots Development Initiative (GDI) may have laid ambush for the convoy and started raining stones on the convoy as they were to move out of the airport vicinity.

The affected governors are those of Niger, Babangida Aliyu, Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, Kano State, Rabiu Kwankwaso and Jigawa State, Sule Lamido.

A member of the GDI said the youths were angry that the governors, like the others who have been visiting the state since the crisis started, were coming to take away the state’s money that would have been used for development.

According to him, the youths were also angry that Soyinka was becoming a regular guest in the state. Only recently, Soyinka was quoted as saying that the president should be held responsible if anything happened to Amaechi.

The youths said Soyinka’s frequent visits were suspicious, hence their reaction, which they said would stop more people from coming on similar visits.

http://todaysnewsnowonline.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=580:northern-governors-soyinka-stoned-at-port-harcourt-airport&catid=52:world&Itemid=79

Dumb youths....
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Skmoda360(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2013
johnstar: bring d holy cane cheesy cheesy
To flog who
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by bheemz(f): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Humphreydis(m): 10:21am On Jul 17, 2013
dayokanu: So we know who the stone throwing people are. and they would say some people are Almajiris

if a Southern leader goes anywhere in the North and he is stoned at least we know those who started it
......let d game begin!
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by zizoo36: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2013
Hmm! Come 2 think of this happenning in the Northern States, it would have been taken 2 another dimension... It would've been tagged all sort of names & rubbish. All d medias including CNN would've broadcasted it, religious leaders like the CAN President would've said Christain Governors have been humiliated in the North. I must say that the South-South are contributing alot of problems in Nigeria especially Rivers, Bayelsa & Delta States - They are the major problem in Nigeria.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2013
Olaolufred: EDWIN CLARK DESERVED THIS ROYAL TREATMENT IN LAGOS.
WE NEED TO WLECOME HIM IN A MAJESTIC WAY.
THAT PRECEDENCE IS A GOOD ONE.
SE MO WI IRE?

We don't do that....

We treat such fvuck up in more civilized ways...not by hauling stones at moving vehicles.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by adtiezy1(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=tunesoft]Thugs...that who they are. They for carry maze come too...shio
....nawa oh kiss
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Kingspin(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2013
What are this men going to Ph to do by this time knowing fully well, there is crises in that state. i dnt understand. What if other govnors take the same step to visit anti Amaechi group. How will rivers state (govt) view it.They came in to fuel the situation.People should be talking about how to resolve the problem and not using it for political gains.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by amaechijay: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2013
Somebody should advise Soyinka to mind the classroom and Literature Subject.

His involvement in politics is becoming uncomfortable.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by patrickmuf(m): 11:04am On Jul 17, 2013
wisdom-w:
Dey wud ve killed soyinka or probably blind de baztard
a tongue full of hate...Don't blame you sha! It's the internet 'everyone's play ground'
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by christendom2004: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2013
zizoo36: Hmm! Come 2 think of this happenning in the Northern States, it would have been taken 2 another dimension... It would've been tagged all sort of names & rubbish. All d medias including CNN would've broadcasted it, religious leaders like the CAN President would've said Christain Governors have been humiliated in the North. I must say that the South-South are contributing alot of problems in Nigeria especially Rivers, Bayelsa & Delta States - They are the major problem in Nigeria.

The problem is Mtn has given free mb for people to comment trash. Why shouldn't the self acclaimed freedom fighter and his cohort from the west beam their tribaltrophic gesture on northern states where boko haram sect is roasting innocent Nigerians; abi when CNN, AIT and other news stations get there we tune it off because there is no incentive for AC, PC,AFENI-. My question why do we want to become adjudicators in throwing stone and not destruction of life in the north and intent by bokos to create a religious state.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Myself2(m): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2013
Super1759: what is even happening in this port Harcourt?? I don't get it

what are they coming to do self?
who called them?

person weh en house deh burn, deh find way commot properties, you wan come roast corn for the fire

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Kingspin(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2013
zizoo36: Hmm! Come 2 think of this happenning in the Northern States, it would have been taken 2 another dimension... It would've been tagged all sort of names & rubbish. All d medias including CNN would've broadcasted it, religious leaders like the CAN President would've said Christain Governors have been humiliated in the North. I must say that the South-South are contributing alot of problems in Nigeria especially Rivers, Bayelsa & Delta States - They are the major problem in Nigeria.
I dnt think a collection of govnors from south south, etc. can visit bauchi state remeber we have bokoharam issue. And why are they coming to Ph now, on behalf of who? Federal or north govnr forum.The North went to take back power and Amaechi is their v.p. They are using him for northern politcal interest. Is abt group interest here.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Myself2(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2013
Serves them right
What were they going there to do.Solidarity my black a ss,of course they know they intended to spite certain persons.To me,the only regrettable thing is that none of their heads was actually hit by the stones.Would have served as a reminder of their foolish trouble-making misadventure
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Concept(m): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
What a waste. Do you know how much would have been spent on this useless course. These people are not good custodian of our common wealth.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Kingspin(m): 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
software man:
IF I UNDERSTAND YOU THE BEST WAY TO SHOW THAT SOMEONE IS NOT POPULAR IN A PARTOCULAR PLACE IS TO INSTIGATE OR SUPPORT VIOLENCE? SO IT WILL BE ALRIGHT IF THEY START STONING PEJ OR GEJ IN CERTAIN PARTS OF THE COUNTRY TO EXPRESS THEIR DISPLEASURE?
SEE THE PROBLEM IS ONCE YOU CONDONE AND JUSTIFY IT NOW , YOU CANNOT COMPLAIN WHEN THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT.
What interest and motive at this time they have with River state.Jang's group visited GEJ and people were shouting.. Yes, it very wrong stoning those govnors but when comparing it to situation in other states or zone if u are fellowing the development in Rivers. U may agree is a different game. U recal that national assembly sent some delegates from abj to ph and no body throw stone.It took Mr GEJ so long to visit bauchi. U know y 'security reasons'.Let assume senate presidnt visited anti Amaechi group u think pro Amaechi will keep silence without calling Gej and co. So the govnors may have taken the right step at the wrong hour.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by farem: 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Do not go near Rivers state unless your head has been proved unaMACEable by notable Insurance company. If you discountence this advice, you'll be seriously aMACEd. The whole scenario in Rivers state is full of aMACEment right now!
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by sheniqua: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
Said it
Soyinka has an agenda and a vested interest in the state and it's governor
Typical nigerian he has become
What a fall from grace
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by sheniqua: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
dayokanu: 4 years ago

[size=28pt]MEND Names Soyinka, Akhighe As Mediators[/size]
Posted: September 29, 2009 - 00:00

[size=14pt]Six days to the October 4 deadline for disarmament by Niger Delta militants, the Movement For Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, has named Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka among some eminent Nigerians to form its mediating team with the Federal Government.[/size]

This is 2013
A lot can happen in 4 years
And the people here did not claim to be MEND

dayokanu:

Was he a Politician when he represented MEND, Was he a politician when he supported Biafra and was jailed? Was he a politician when he led protests against Yar Aduas cabal?

Maybe he had an agenda all along ,who knows
Or maybe he is just down the shameful path of Tai Solarin who started out a freedom fighter and ended up bought by Babangida
Soyinka is beginning to prove that every Nigerian has a price
Go and find out why the youths are angry with Amaechi and why they should stone anyone in support of him rather than your hero worship
Soyinka is messing up ,truth be told
He should get out of rivers state politics and go do something else
Since he is unable to caution Amaechi and rebuke him openly,he has no moral standing to rebuke anyone else

He should tell us how much he is receiving by these trips
Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by NancyNelly: 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2013

= i am laughing and wondering how the drama looked then.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by NancyNelly: 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2013

= i am laughing and wondering how the drama looked then.
Re: Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport by Olaolufred(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
ilugunboy:

We don't do that....

We treat such fvuck up in more civilized ways...not by hauling stones at moving vehicles.

OK.

YOU MEAN OUR CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of Jonathan Working Out In A Gym / INEC Situation Room For Tomorrow’s Election Is Up And Runing (photos) / What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.