Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,067 members, 7,835,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. (9570 Views)

Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital / Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by BarryX(m): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2013
Does this point to the fact that I will not enjoy uninterrupted power supply till I get old ?

Nigerian politicians : this is not fair one bit

Temper justice with mercy on Nigerians

I know you guys have all the sound-proof generating sets Mikano has to offer but please please--- Don't frustrate Nigerians any longer
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 17, 2013
afam4eva get powerplant??
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Raypawer(m): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2013
aka tonero: Nigeria govt no go kill us imagine what only afam iv generate per day Abi una no read the story well talkless of others. It will never be well with the govt until poverty stop in that country.

The money in there is not what FG gets, its part of what Shell generates per day, So sh.u.t up ur fan.g.s and read a write up well b4 u start laying curses on Govt...
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Faitheder(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2013
Let there be light.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Faitheder(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2013
Raypawer:

The money in there is not what FG gets, its part of what Shell generates per day, So sh.u.t up ur fan.g.s and read a write up well b4 u start laying curses on Govt...

what are u saying men?
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by vivavik(f): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2013
Na them sabi! Anyhow weh them like make them do, @least bonny island go get light 24/7. Na them them be the thief o, ndi'oshi! *spits on the ground*
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by kaze4blues(m): 11:57am On Jul 17, 2013
Nigeria....

Smh for this shit-hole called naija....
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by vivavik(f): 11:57am On Jul 17, 2013
sayso: Please Mod correct the plant to Afam VI Power Plant not Afam IV Power Plant.
u blind? Is it not VI tht I'm seeing thr?
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by joeace2020(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
vivavik: u blind? Is it not VI tht I'm seeing thr?

Poor home training breeds a woman with no etiquette or self respect.. U r new to nairaland.. U hvnt heard or seen around nl d word modify... Smdh
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by onoerime: 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
trolling: it will remain in darkness until the appointed time, evil must reach it's peak before Light comes, there's a time and place for everything.
i blive u my broda. Someday all dix nonsense will stop. You can fool d pple 4 sumtyms but nt all d times.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by collynzo2(m): 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
What is the use of a power plant that produces just 100MW of electricity? This people should better embrace coal power plants and stop deceiving themselves. All the countries with stable electricity have coal as their major source of energy.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by omenka(m): 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
Shebi Afam plant is one of the several forces of darkness our minister of state for power once said are responsible for power shortages and outages.

Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Joshua, Enenche, Okotie, Oritsejafor (doubt this one tho), Bakere, Oyakhilome, et al..., make una try do sontin naw!! angry
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Afam4eva(m): 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
vivavik: u blind? Is it not VI tht I'm seeing thr?
It was corrected.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by QingQamal: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
dridowu: Hmmmmmmm, i just hope d MW wont drop below 4500MW, since dy find it difficult to increase d general MW, dy shd make it stable on 4500MW me don tire 4 ds 9ja blackness

Bro pls wake up! what 4500mw are u talking about? The generating capacity had been slowly reducing since January dis year. currently it is at around 3000mw , with this it will further drop. Only God knows when dey will decide to handle d problem in the Niger Delta.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by livingday: 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
BlackBaron: This country is a joke, there's more chance of pigs flying than achieving any glimmer of constant power.

Constant power was what GEJ promised but, alas, he is busy with his wife trying to unseat a governor whilst at the same looting the country dry. Just post soldiers along the suspected theft areas!
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Omen100(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
Raypawer:

abeg nor try to confuse d readers d more abeg or na watin u dey talking
?

Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Reference(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
otokx: a lot of oil installations are being put out of service by vandals. Where are the law enforcement guys - especially NSCDC

Said it a while ago. The day is coming when Nigeria will not be able to export more than 100,000
barrels per day. We are not serious. You are fighting a resource control battle yet 9 of every ten power plants coming online depend on yes, oil. We are in for interesting times. The last calamity of equal proportions was the decision by Hitler to turn north and attack Stalingrad instead of the oil fields of the south. If we cannot see total resource control then,

Strategic blunder loading....
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Reference(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
livingday:

Constant power was what GEJ promised but, alas, he is busy with his wife trying to unseat a governor whilst at the same looting the country dry. Just post soldiers along the suspected theft areas!
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

There are already soldiers everywhere doing exactly what I needn't say. If you were Mr. President then I'd say, out of touch.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by seunfly: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
exxell: Pls Nairalanders, is it afam4ever that is being shut down by the federal government? Coz thats the only news that will make my day today!
Chanchit: Na wa o, them do shut Afam4eva at last. Abi wetin be that NL guy name..?
amiskurie: so dat small boy get plant?
hw i go fit kidnap afam4eva nw?
king arizona: Afam4eva don go Bankrupt!! I jus dey laugh!!
Decryptor: Afam4ever, you never told us you had a power plant. What are u doing here as an NL mod?
it seems like Afam4ever is d most popular nairalander, people just derive joy in calling his name.

1 Like

Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by modele2: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Why is man so selfish. This pipeline vandalisation is so annoying, as they are patching one hole upstream, they are tapping another one downstream and the cycle continues.

They vandalise the pipelines and go home to meet the darkness they have caused, then curse the government and buy fuel for their generators....This is only the begining. Till we learn as a people that when we commit social crimes like this we affect our parents, childern and grandchildren.We would never progress.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Yujin(m): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
Interesting! We are patiently watching.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by aminalili: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
for those of you that is looking for job, you can as well as send your CV to this site www.eni.com. its Agip Petroleum Plc Nigeria...to this email..oilgas.limited@yahoo.com
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by donem: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
exxell: Pls Nairalanders, is it afam4ever that is being shut down by the federal government? Coz thats the only news that will make my day today!
grin lol! How can, he's too small nah. Besides it was shot down by SHELL
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Seriousbusiness: 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
Imagine since June 30th till today no light in my area festac,this morning the useless Nepa brought bill of 9,000 naira.Very soon government ll announce we are on top of situation .Na God go purnish all of them.
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by sexkilzaphull: 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
Omen100:

you know that's funny right, but on a most serious note, Afam4ever needs to be shot in the head. angry angry angry angry angry

Yes, yes and my ID too, first! angry angry angry
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by sexkilzaphull: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
And some Nigerians are still supporting this retardeen government? Na you people go suffer, suffer, suffer! angry angry angry
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by fuckdmods(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
alright
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by sexkilzaphull: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
collynzo2: What is the use of a power plant that produces just 100MW of electricity? This people should better embrace coal power plants and stop deceiving themselves. All the countries with stable electricity have coal as their major source of energy.

So you mean natural gas that combusts so much more efficiently, meaning less waste and pollution, is super-easy to transport (just lay the transport pipes from source to destination, control with valves, etc), requires much less physical effort but is merely wasted by gas flaring should be jettisoned for coal? If Nigeria had coal infrastructure built up for 100 years like the countries you mention, it might make sense but this is infrastructure that is virtually non-existent. If the countries like the US with huge coal plants had to make a choice between coal and gas years ago, they would have chosen gas! Some of you are just too ignorant to study or learn anything!

2 Likes

Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
The inability of the Nigerian government to manage simple infrastructure left one wondering when is the country going to see sustainable modern development. I cry for my country!
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by bobthebuilder99(m): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
Where is Insinscere9gerian to defend this?
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by VANENON(f): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
Its sad that we all continue to laugh at the negative trend of things in this country. Is there a single sector/industry in this country working as it ought to? Are we completely insensitive to the fact that there is a need for change or have we become so comfortable in our bleak state or is it just an instinctive reaction to a situation we feel helpless about?
Re: Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. by Nonybb: 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
Who do Oil theft occur? Seriously nobody have ever dealt on educating us Nigerians on how Oil theft occurs? Anyone?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Certificate Saga : Buhari May Be Right. Picture. / BREAKING News:-Buhari Declares Fulani Herdsmen Terrorist / Dan Orbih: Edo Is Not Oshiomhole’s Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.