Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit (21228 Views)

APC May Sanction Atiku, Tambuwal Over N’assembly Elections / Obasanjo & Omar Al-Bashir Of Sudan Meet Over Instability In Africa / Police To Move Against Israeli Security In Rivers •may Sanction Lastma, O Yes, Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by ProfUBA1(m): 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Snoopy wallace: Why do people look for the slightest opportunity to speak ill of the US...if you re given a visa to USA and sudan,which wld u choose...its all jealousy.
If you have nothing to offer the US after you're given a VISA, get there to begin an Exodus through the desert.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by sambos994(m): 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
Snoopy wallace: Why do people look for the slightest opportunity to speak ill of the US...if you re given a visa to USA and sudan,which wld u choose...its all jealousy.

What ever makes you sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by guass(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
THEM THINK SAY WE GO DO AM AS WE DO
CHARLES TAILOR.
ABEGIIIII
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by ochejoseph(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nigerians Know when to stand up for Nigeria. am truly proud of most of the comments posted thus far ,it shows Nigerians are informed ,intelligent and articulate .GOD BLESS NIGERIA

6 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by ddeola: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
Ma broda na today ! Our leaders are worse than any sanction anywhere in the world. Abegi, make we hear word jare
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
solomon111: Fucck off,you retardded being.
How dare you compare the threat to pan-african solidarity and wanton disrespect of africans by racists white buffons to your petty PDP/APC politics.

Are you for real! shocked
Bleep me shocked

Ok, I'l tell you what.
You Would you rather have Pan-African Solidarity of thieves to having an African leader wanted by the ICC.
I'm suprised at ur level of reasoning, I saw somewhere in ur signature something about Chemical engineering.. Not everybody with a university degree is educated. U are one of such that passed thru the university and never allowed the university pass thru u. U might be a chemical engineer for real or just catfishing but whichever u are, its obvious u're an illitrate. Either an educated illitrate or a stack illitrate or a born-fool. U choose 1.

Look at what is happening in the Rivers state house of Assembly. How is the Sudanese president any different from those criminals and vagabonds in power at the Rivers state house of assembly.. I only said the sudanese president is ok with nigeria as a choice destination cos he has birds of same feather with people in rivers state House of assembly..
The sudanese president is a criminal and he's on nigerian soil..
So much for Africa Solidarity..
African Soliderity of theives and thugs and cultist and rogues..

I will not be an African in Solidarity with Criminals because of African Solidarity..
That's is why the entire african continent is regarded to be backward in time..
That is why hunger plague Ugandan, Congo, Somalia, Liberia, Malawi, Mali.. That is y corrupt leaders move about freely with impunity.

Mr African solidarity, I can't believe u said f*uck me..

Ok! I am f*ucked and u've made a point.
Thank you God Bless you and F*uck me.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by fuckdmods(m): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
okay
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Longeria(m): 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
P.Stacks:
Nigeria has carried her character to the world stage romancing with criminals..

United Nations must be a joke.
If they come to Nigeria, they'l find plenty of Al-Bashir or whatever the name of the sudanese president.

If Nigeria was a serious country she should never hav allowed that guy step the sands of this country. But when those are the kind of people we have in the country, we must welcome a thief nao, since nigeria is a country for thieves.. Is there a crime if a thief goes visiting a thief?

UN shouldn't only beam their search light on the sudanese leader but should pls come help us check out our corrupt leaders..

If you check Nigerian leaders, a lot of them would even be more corrupt than the sudanese president.. UN is just wasting her time..
Your imbecility is maturing to madness. Where did you see corruption in this report.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by ocelot2006(m): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
Fadelex: even though the UN can't enforce Nigeria to arrest al-Bashir, Nigeria should remember she's a signatory to ICC and therefore it's her obligation to arrest that criminal and send him to the Hague.... I remember the havoc this man caused... he killed thousands of children and women and his action caused splitting of Sudan

Isn't it strange that no western leader is answerable to the ICC 'xcept Africa? And I thought that Sudan isn't a signatory to that body, so why go after Al-Bashir?

2 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Fadelex(m): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
kalokalo:

You are a victim of Western propaganda
. There was no killing of women and children in Sudan. Everything you read in the Western press are lies. What happened was that the US/EU through their intelligence agencies created, financed and armed separatist militias/death squads in Southern Sudan. These terrorists started to attack government installations and kill civilians and when the Sudanese government fights back to restore order, the propaganda media shouts "genocide".

That is the exact same scenario happening in Syria at the moment where the US/EU/Israel/Saudi/Qatar are waging a proxy war against the Syrian State using Al-qaeda/Al-nosra terrorists airlifted from Libya, Chechnya, Iraq, Saudi, Qatar and the 30 Middle East countries, armed them and unleashed them into Syria via Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. It is these terrorists that are killed by the Syrian government that the so called free press calls "peaceful protesters", pro-democracy activists", "women and children" and "killing his own people".

The exact same playbook was used against Libya to overthrow the then Libyan government with NATO acting as an airforce for terrorists. where are the "peaceful pro-democracy activists" the media screamed to us where being killed by Gaddafi in Benghazi/Libya now? They have miraculously metamorphosed into Jihadists exporting terror to Syria, Mali, Northern Nigeria etc.

The ICC is a kangaroo court created to implement the foreign policy agenda of Western powers. Only Africans are being prosecuted while the blood drenched wars criminals in Washington, London, Tel Aviv, Paris and Western client states roam the world free. A "court" that can only unleash on state actors that challenge Western hegemony but cannot confront brazen war criminals and mass murderers like George Bush, Tony Blair, Benjamin Netanyahu, Ariel Sharon, Henry Kissinger, Donald Rumsfeld, Zbigniew BrzezinskiBarack and virtually all US presidents since WW2 is a non-court.

Why was a separatist war fomented in Sudan? Because all of Sudan's oil is in Southern Sudan and it all goes to China. By dividing Sudan into two, the West hoped to create a client state in Southern Sudan that will alienate China and fall into the Western orbit. Read the foreign policy journals of corporate funded think-tanks like the Council on Foreign Relations, Chatham House and the Brookings Institution and you would see the events playing out before our eyes years in advance.
will u shut you mouth there!.., I'm not a victim of western propaganda..l. I served in Sudan for 8 months...and my friends r still there..... wat happened in baga is nuffin to wat is going on in Sudan.... the guy is on a mission to wipe out a whole ethnic group....

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by fydence: 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
WildChild00: The question is why has UN not taking any action against George .W. Bush and Tony.Blair. of the united kingdom, for crime against humanity they committed when in office? eg in Iraq etc.
Dont mind those bloody hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by KizitoMike(m): 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
UN shuld take a bumpy ride 2 hell, if dey wana arrest Al-Bahsir, dey know were 2 find him..let's solve d major challenges facing us i.e BH..d West shuld stop dictating 4 Africa
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by sobaemma(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
P.Stacks:

Are you for real! shocked
Bleep me shocked

Ok, I'l tell you what.
You Would you rather have Pan-African Solidarity of thieves to having an African leader wanted by the ICC.
I'm suprised at ur level of reasoning, I saw somewhere in ur signature something about Chemical engineering.. Not everybody with a university degree is educated. U are one of such that passed thru the university and never allowed the university pass thru u. U might be a chemical engineer for real or just catfishing but whichever u are, its obvious u're an illitrate. Either an educated illitrate or a stack illitrate or a born-fool. U choose 1.

Look at what is happening in the Rivers state house of Assembly. How is the Sudanese president any different from those criminals and vagabonds in power at the Rivers state house of assembly.. I only said the sudanese president is ok with nigeria as a choice destination cos he has birds of same feather with people in rivers state House of assembly..
The sudanese president is a criminal and he's on nigerian soil..
So much for Africa Solidarity..
African Soliderity of theives and thugs and cultist and rogues..

I will not be an African in Solidarity with Criminals because of African Solidarity..
That's is why the entire african continent is regarded to be backward in time..
That is why hunger plague Ugandan, Congo, Somalia, Liberia, Malawi, Mali.. That is y corrupt leaders move about freely with impunity.

Mr African solidarity, I can't believe u said f*uck me..

Ok! I am f*ucked and u've made a point.
Thank you God Bless you and F*uck me.
you are a big fool,how dare u bring our internal affairs to our continental dignity as a black and africa man,what has the rivers state crisis got to the with the confusion they want to implant in africa for their oil gain,u know when i look at ur comment i see a fool that thinks nothing,the u.s have their internal problems,those u know that in u.s over 2000 die a day because of the free use of gun,do they talk about it?was it posted on u tube?did bbc or cnn that belongs to them and their ally show it?did u know?here u aree talking trash,africa unite dont give up the fight,this is a lesson for nigeria to learns that instead of embezzling money use it to make ur country respected and military develop
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
solomon111: Were this white morons expecting Nigeria to arrest a sitting president of another country?
That's an act of war.
American and british presidents have been killing thousands of innocent middle-easterners with various kinds of air-strikes.
They should go and arrest them first.
Yeye people.
Sanctions my foot.

Yes!
Here is the idiot that said "f*uck me"
Its obvious from this ur post that u are an idiot..
Let me answer ur question u moafucker..
They weren't expecting Nigeria to arrest the sitting president of a country like u opined..

They simple were expecting Nigeria to have refused him from entering into her air soace not to talk of attend a function in Nigeria.

Ok! You know of a criminal, and I tell you he is a proven criminal at the ICC or atleast wanted..
You want to organise a birthday party and I told you not to allow the criminal to your party but the criminal showed up at you party..

Tell me! What does that make you? Ba*stard. U dare say f*uck me cos of your myopic reasoning and ur fish water brain..
@Solomon111. Good! I know u.

Who says it won't be an act of war? They didn't expect nigeria to arrest the sudanese president, its not even as difficult as arrest. Its as simple as saying... "Pls Mr. Sudanese President, we don't want you in our country not till you answer to ur case and prove urself innocent at the ICC. We don't want to associate with criminals...

You are an i*diot and obviously too blind to see that's.. Don't other countries refuse others from entering their country, Nigeria could hav easily diplomatically refused him entry into this country..

They are not frowning at Nigeria because Nigeria didn't Arrest him. They are frowning at Nigeria because Nigeria even allowed him enter the country in the first place..

Pls don't come to our country is as simple as A. B. C.

Mr. Art of War, too much American movies in your rotten head abi.. Oloshi oloriburuku.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Fadelex(m): 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
ocelot2006:

Isn't it strange that no western leader is answerable to the ICC 'xcept Africa? And I thought that Sudan isn't a signatory to that body, so why go after Al-Bashir?
what of Ex-Bosnian Serb General Zdravko,... The Rome Statute became a binding treaty on 11 April
2002, when the number of countries that had ratified it
reached sixty. The Statute legally came into force
on 1 July 2002, and the ICC can only prosecute
crimes committed after that date. The first bench of
18 judges was elected by an Assembly of States
Parties in February 2003. They were sworn in at the
inaugural session of the Court on 11 March 2003.
The Court issued its first arrest warrants on 8 July
2005,and the first pre-trial hearings were held in
ICC don't have power to prosecute wars before it's ratification
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
sobaemma: you are a big fool,how dare u bring our internal affairs to our continental dignity as a black and africa man,what has the rivers state crisis got to the with the confusion they want to implant in africa for their oil gain,u know when i look at ur comment i see a fool that thinks nothing,the u.s have their internal problems,those u know that in u.s over 2000 die a day because of the free use of gun,do they talk about it?was it posted on u tube?did bbc or cnn that belongs to them and their ally show it?did u know?here u aree talking trash,africa unite dont give up the fight,this is a lesson for nigeria to learns that instead of embezzling money use it to make ur country respected and military develop

Read you post well. US has their own problems, it wasn't posted on CNN or BBC or on Youtube but you know about it..

You must be super human to have known about it then or a Genius since they didn't post it on CNN or BBC or YouTube.. Pls tell me how you got to know about it..

Its is common knowledge that in Africa, one leader can seat on resources ment for a Million people.. This is ur level of reasoning and I shouldn't be found stooping sow low to exchange words with you, other wise I run the risk of u draging me down to your level and you beating me with experience, its obvious u have a talent for stupidity and an experienced fool. I wouldn't want to fool myself with an experienced fool because u must win me with ur foolish experience..

Do hav urself a great day.

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Jergin: 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
Emperor_007: What kind of sanction should we expect from them?

They will deny us the seat in the UN security council. Whi h does not even add value to anyone's life.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by fydence: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
sobaemma: you are a big fool,how dare u bring our internal affairs to our continental dignity as a black and africa man,what has the rivers state crisis got to the with the confusion they want to implant in africa for their oil gain,u know when i look at ur comment i see a fool that thinks nothing,the u.s have their internal problems,those u know that in u.s over 2000 die a day because of the free use of gun,do they talk about it?was it posted on u tube?did bbc or cnn that belongs to them and their ally show it?did u know?here u aree talking trash,africa unite dont give up the fight,this is a lesson for nigeria to learns that instead of embezzling money use it to make ur country respected and military develop
this is how to educate a western a$$licker who is addicted to western 'messiah' style media propaganda and thinks he sees the whole picture... A thousand likes bro!!!

2 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by sambos994(m): 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
Of the 30 people wanted by the ICC, all of them are Africans.

2 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2013

Oh! So u said you have been looking at me..
Oh thank you. I have a fan..
U make make feel like a super star.
"You hav been looking at my comments"
Good to know someone is using his life to look at mine.. What does that make me?
I don't give a f*uck about you,
I don't know you,
I don't look at you,
I don't even c you.
I don't ever want to know u.
You don't exist..
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by sobaemma(m): 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
P.Stacks:

Read you post well. US has their own problems, it wasn't posted on CNN or BBC or on Youtube but you know about it..

You must be super human to have known about it then or a Genius since they didn't post it on CNN or BBC or YouTube.. Pls tell me how you got to know about it..

Its is common knowledge that in Africa, one leader can seat on resources ment for a Million people.. This is ur level of reasoning and I shouldn't be found stooping sow low to exchange words with you, other wise I run the risk of u draging me down to your level and you beating me with experience, its obvious u have a talent for stupidity and an experienced fool. I wouldn't want to fool myself with an experienced fool because u must win me with ur foolish experience..

undecided
P.Stacks:

this is exact reason why u scored 13/400 in ur jamb,so apart from cnn or bbc u dont watch tv?mr let me enlighten you if u must know,if u want to know real news that u.s,uk and their allies cover,go to their non-ally media,for example press tv news belongs to iran,cuba has it own,argentina,venezulea,russia,latin america,check on their media and newspaper on net u will see how far the u.s has hidden the truth from fools like u,try jamb next year

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2013

Good to know someone is using his life to look at mine.. What does that make me?
I don't know you,
I don't look at you,
I don't even c you.
You don't exist..
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by sobaemma(m): 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
P.Stacks:

I don't know you,
I don't look at you,
I don't even c you.
You don't exist..
embarassed
P.Stacks:

I don't know you,
I don't look at you,
I don't even c you.
You don't exist..
when a child speaks u dont need to be told
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
Let the sanction begin. They say, a word is enough for the wise. I wonder why Nigeria will keep associating itself with wanted criminal who committed crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Akpaife(m): 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
2 hell with UN
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by cannonnier(m): 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
sheyie2007: Please sanction us abeg, infact do it now else I won't sleep well lipsrsealed

Imagine the sanction
NO INTERNET BROWSING FOR THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC NIGERIA grin
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
ICC remains the wickes Organization I know. They drop b4 abi? likewise d charge on Kenya new President. UN on the oder side is confuse on their own . We hv UN close to 2 years nw Syria people are dying what did dey do to save the lives of people in Syria.They should park well jare.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by virussmart(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
visit this spot for latest naija gist @ www.braintutorial.com
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by emmanuel4758(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
Emperor_007: What kind of sanction should we expect from them?

dey won't supply condom to nigeria again ...lol and dey wil remove nairaland frm internet
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
cannonnier:
Imagine the sanction
NO INTERNET BROWSING FOR THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC NIGERIA grin
me sef get sanction..wetin.. Make person just fall my hand
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by naijaspeak(m): 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
This talk about sanction is all rubbish talk. No wonder Fela Anikulapo Kuti critize the United Nation in one or some his of songs.

It is the same united nation ( ICJ ) that denied us - The Bakassi Pennisular which clearly belongs to Nigeria. They now separate the people in Nigeria while their land is now in Cameroun.

They have tried sanction on Libya, North Korea, Iran, Cuba, Iraq, Venezuela, South Africa. But all this countries survived and they are even going strong.

I am not anyway a supporter of President Jonathan as he had failed the Nigerian nation woefully.
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by 2good(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
Fadelex: for those likening this case to Iraq and Afghanistan, bush and Blair acted based on intelligence report that Saddam Hussein was having WMD (weapon of mass destruction) and their activities were sanctioned by UN security council... where as al-Bashir was desperate to hold on to power...

Just to point out the flaws in your above statement, the American led coalition force that invaded Iraq have not found any weapon of mass destruction in Iraq as alleged since Saddam Hussen fell. Also UN did not sanction the invasion. America and its allies invaded Iraq against the ruling of the UN which in itself is a crime. Then convictions of the ICC so far, shows that it was a body set up convict non western leaders which to me is a double standard.

Note: I am not in any way in support of the Sudanese leader but just stating the facts.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Jega Must Clear His Name Or Face The Consequences - Sahara Reporters / Give Us More Time - Buhari Begs ECOWAS Bank President (Photos) / Governor Abiodun Never Issued Any Statement In Response To Asiwaju Tinubu - OGSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.