Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

Why Has The Senate Chosen To Legalise Peadophilia And The Rape Of Children? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Has The Senate Chosen To Legalise Peadophilia And The Rape Of Children? (612 Views)

My Opinion: Legalise Marijuana; Yay Or Nay? / U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage / Ireland Becomes First Country To Legalise Same-sex Marriage By Popular Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Has The Senate Chosen To Legalise Peadophilia And The Rape Of Children? by cheekylawyer: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
A CONSTITUTION IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE. THE LAW IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THE HELPLESS AND THE DEFENCELESS. AND HERE IS A VULNERABLE 10 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO IS JUST STARTING TO LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD IN WHICH SHE LIVES, AND YOU TAKE HER AND SURRENDER HER TO A MAN WHO HAS NO CONSCIENCE AND NO CONTROL OVER HIS URGES, AND RUIN HER FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE?

Constitution: [Definition]

1. A statement of fundamental laws: a written statement outlining the basic laws or principles by which a country or organization is governed

2. A document containing fundamental laws: a document or statute outlining the basic laws or principles by which a country or organization is governed

On Tuesday the 16th of July, our very dear Senate Committee sat down to discuss a bunch of important stuff and decide the fate of the nation for generations to come at large.

Among the bunch of things that were decided, one of the verdicts that stood out was the decision to throw the diseased baby that was the six-year single term agenda for presidents and governors out with the bath water.

I’m personally very happy about this, because when I first heard of the agenda I already knew what would happen. The next president would come in and then tweak that decree to suit him. Something like “oh, if the president was once a head of a committee in some local government somewhere he can run for a second term”, and then we would be faced with a bevy of presidents wanting to rule for 12 years, one for each tribe of Judah.

So I’m grateful that was discarded. But that’s not the issue for today.

Our beloved senate who are supposed to have the best interest of the general public at heart decided to alter Section 29 (a) of the constitution. This section stipulates that a woman shall not be qualified for marriage until she attains the 18 years as they deleted age specification for women being married from the draft constitution and left the marriage age for women open.

We can logically conclude that the entire Senate house is a bunch of R Kelly wannabe paedophile. While deleting the section from the draft constitution yesterday, the Senate claimed that a woman is deemed to be “full of age” once she is married irrespective of the age she does so. In simpler, plainer terms, a 60 year old man who cannot control his hormones doesn’t have to rein in his patience either. No need to wait till the 12 year old girl he’s had his eye on reaches 18. Marry her, and then have your way with her.

The alteration was made because Senator Ahmad Sani claimed that having to wait for a woman to reach the stipulated legal age is at variance with the Islamic Law.

Well excuse me?

Really?

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Wow!

Nigeria is a country with bad roads, no electricity, no water, a terrible educational system, no proper sense of leadership and now no control?

After this statement sparked up controversy in the Senate chamber, the Senate President, David Mark, asked for a fresh vote and the situation ended in favour of Paedophile Sani. Senator Sani had, two years ago, married a 13 year old Egyptian girl (meaning that at that time, he broke the law, but it’s okay. He’s a senator and I really want to go on a rant about how the Senate stinks of hypocrisy but there isn’t enough ink. Or time…).

A constitution is supposed to protect the people. The law is supposed to protect the helpless and the defenceless. And here is a vulnerable 10 year old girl who is just starting to learn about the world in which she lives, and you take her and surrender her to a man who has no conscience and no control over his urges, and ruin her for the rest of her life?

Do you have any idea what you’re doing to these girls? Do you know the trauma you’re subjecting them to?

This…right here, is how female serial killers are born. And female serial killers are the deadliest. If you think I’m playing tell me one famous serial killer you know.

(Don’t worry…I’ll wait)

Exactly…

You don’t think they exist? They do. They just don’t leave traces. And I’m not very proud to say I come from a country that passes bills that breeds serial killers.

Let’s put the jokes aside for a minute and look at this situation for what it really is;

Rape.

No 10 year old girl is willingly consenting to marry your 50 year old close-to-decaying ass except she has been brainwashed, so this whole thing is really statutory rape.

The Senate is killing the future by passing bills like this and making laws to suit their PERSONAL interests like there is no big picture to even see.

Remember that it will always come back around, one way or the other.

Ranting about Nigeria makes me…depressed. Because at the end of the day, we get angry and rant online and forget our fingers on the exclamation mark button, and after all is said and done, Senator Sani goes back to his 15 year old wife and nothing changes.

Something needs to be done. Something drastic…

Something Jerry-Rawlings-Drastic…

Via Greenlight (www.greenlight.com.ng)

(1) (Reply)

What Qualifies A Thread To Appear On Frontpage / Happy New Party; Happy New Month / Is PHCN Above The Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.