Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? (591 Views)

Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture / Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / What's Your Favourite Nickname For Your Mom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Gracedpen: 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
Growing up was fun....whether you are Behind or from the "paco" side of life, games must have been a major part of your growing up years.

I can remember playing Mario computer game on Family Com to such an addictive extent that my mum almost banned us from playing it. Those days, the moment we heard her footsteps by the door, we would switch off the game-set hurriedly and make a dash for the room. Of course, the hotness of the television and the game-set always gave us up on the fact that we'd been in front of the television, playing game all day. You can guess what finally happened...the game blew up one day (hehehe) and "our eyes finally came down".

And oh...there were generations of those computer games. The days of Family Com to those of Nintendo, Sega Mega and the PS generation. How can I forget "Game Boy"- the one that defied the availability of NEPA's electricity to provide unending fun...Those were the days mehn!

Who has ever broken a neighbour's windshield before because of an insignificant football match with some other kids? A neighbour's broken windshield is always less, compared to a broken knee or something similar. My brother once turned our dinning table to a tennis table when there was no other option...and the handy house paintings were the make-shift bats.

Some school exercise books just would not last long enough because of paper games; the likes of "any name, any name", "what did I write?" and of course, the paper soccer too. Many of us spent countless hours doing "tinko tinko" and "ten ten"...perhaps there was something energizing about the rhythm of the claps that made these games irresistible.

Oh...the days of no worries; when life was just sleep, wake-up, eat and play...at least to the best of our knowledge!

Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by temhab(f): 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hmm Old memories smiley
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Adrenaline123(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
contra
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Papa and mama
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pretending to be a doctor
House
Mario - Nintendo
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Caracta(f): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
1. Loose-k

2. "As i was going to the market, going to the stall, i saw a little fine girl with a flower on her head. She was shaking, shaking, shaking..."

3. "Who stole the meat from the cooking pot..."

4. "Bojuboju o eh, oloro nbo, e para mo, shey ki n shi..."

(1) (Reply)

Childhood Tricks: Which Did You Do? / Some True Fact That Can Help You To Train Your Children Well (must Read!!!) / How Do I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.