Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? (4705 Views)

Somewhere In Abuja, Have You Ever Pass Through This Expressway? / Hong Kong International Airport Named World's Best Airport / Do I Need An Airport Transit Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? by naijaspeak(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2013
I want to confirm if Nigerian citizen requires an airport transit visa to pass through Hong Kong to a final destination. Do Nigerian need to apply for the transit visa at the chinese embassy or one can get it free at the airport provided the traveller is holding an onward flight ticket to another country.

In that of Germany airport transit visa for Nigerian, Nigerians must apply through the German embassy in Lagos or Abuja for one to transit through Germany. How does Hong Kong transit visa applies to Nigerian?

I want to also know the number of hours one is permit to remain at the airport before getting a connecting flight from Hong Kong.

I sent an email to the Chinese embassy in Lagos/Abuja but have not gotten any reply on this subject. If you are frequent traveller to Hong Kong please throw more light on Hong Kong airport transit visa. The Hong Kong immigration website did not clearly explain all this issues.
[b][/b]
Re: Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? by Kzinne: 12:13am On Jul 19, 2013
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Those who
are in direct (Air to Air
or Air to Sea) transit provided
holding confirmed onward
bookings, continuing their journey
within 48 hours and not
leaving the transit lounge.
Warning:
- Visitors not holding return/onward
ticket could be refused
entry.
- Except when in transit to either
mainland China (People's
Rep.) or Macao (SAR China);
Re: Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? by Godson201333(m): 2:30am On Jul 19, 2013
I dont think so..
Re: Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? by naijaspeak(m): 5:27am On Jul 20, 2013
My thanks goes to all that have responded. Kzinne, my plan really is to fly from Nigeria to Kong Kong. From Hong Kong airport enter another aircraft to my final destination.

So what you mean is that I must first of all apply for transit visa just the way I am applying for a normal visiting or tourist visa before embarking on the journey.
Re: Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
naijaspeak: I want to confirm if Nigerian citizen requires an airport transit visa to pass through Hong Kong to a final destination. Do Nigerian need to apply for the transit visa at the chinese embassy or one can get it free at the airport provided the traveller is holding an onward flight ticket to another country.

In that of Germany airport transit visa for Nigerian, Nigerians must apply through the German embassy in Lagos or Abuja for one to transit through Germany. How does Hong Kong transit visa applies to Nigerian?

I want to also know the number of hours one is permit to remain at the airport before getting a connecting flight from Hong Kong.

I sent an email to the Chinese embassy in Lagos/Abuja but have not gotten any reply on this subject. If you are frequent traveller to Hong Kong please throw more light on Hong Kong airport transit visa. The Hong Kong immigration website did not clearly explain all this issues.
[b][/b]
You will need but, if it's other province, you may not. Even with China visa, you can't still enter Hong Kong as you will be ask to get a pass from the immigration officer.
Re: Do Nigerian Require An Airport Transit Visa To Pass Through Hong Kong Airport? by Kzinne: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
naijaspeak: My thanks goes to all that have responded. Kzinne, my plan really is to fly from Nigeria to Kong Kong. From Hong Kong airport enter another aircraft to my final destination.

So what you mean is that I must first of all apply for transit visa just the way I am applying for a normal visiting or tourist visa before embarking on the journey.
if u have an onward ticket u wont need a transit visa insofar u do not leave the airport transit area

(1) (Reply)

Is Isreal A Good Country To Live / Experience With Delta's Atlanta To Lagos Flight / Flights To Anambra (nnewi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.