Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe (975 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Wole Soyinka And Wife At Amaechi's Book Launch (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe by jossy26: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2013
Seriously, am enjoying the argument in another thread about Miss Abachas rant on Prof Wole Soyinka, I would like the argument to continue here, I don't care if the mods ban any of you for foul language etc just be constructive. Who is a better writer between Prof Wole Soyinka and Prof Chinua Achebe?
Re: Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe by Mynd44: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2013
Are you kidding me? Don't tell me you are this petty and idle.

I blame ASUU
Re: Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe by nanauju(f): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44: Are you kidding me? Don't tell me you are this petty and idle.

I blame ASUU
cheesy cheesy cheesy. I'v not read any of Wole's books b4. I like Achebe's books but I'm not gonna compare
Re: Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe by jossy26: 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mynd_44: Are you kidding me? Don't tell me you are this petty and idle.

I blame ASUU
I no fit blame you sha since you the first to comment....
Re: Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe by Mynd44: 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
jossy26:
I no fit blame you sha since you the first to comment....
Go and beg ASUU to help you get busy
Re: Who Is A Better Writer Between Wole Soyinka And Chinua Achebe by grandstar(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
jossy26:
Seriously, am enjoying the argument in another thread about Miss Abachas rant on Prof Wole Soyinka, I would like the argument to continue here, I don't care if the mods ban any of you for foul language etc just be constructive. Who is a better writer between Prof Wole Soyinka and Prof Chinua Achebe?

You are asking the wrong question.

Wole Soyinka is a wordsmith while Chinua Achebe is a master storyteller.

You can't beat Wole Soyinka while it comes to English construction. But Chinua Achebe can weave a novel you can't put down anyday

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Punish Me Lord, Please! / Beware Of Fake Pastors(AKA PASTOR BOSCO!!!!) / Mandy's Law Episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.