Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! (1437 Views)

I Think I've Discovered The Worst Car EVER! / Check Out The Worst Vehicles And Their Defects. / Which is the worst car you ever owned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by PasD(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2013
I drive NISSAN QUEST 2000model. My door has a problem thereby making my inner lights always on. So what I do is this: I remove my battery head whenever I come back from work and put it bacj the next morning (to avoid battery ruNning down). This morning I woke up very late and I did not even take my bath. I went to start my car and it was not making any sound or attempt to start. Up till this moment. So I took my car key (single key) and left for work (treking a very long distance to the tared road). Wen I got to work I realized I put my car key in a pocket with hole. Now I have lost my car key, my car cannot start. Pls what do I do? (Crying). Could it be that the car refused to start because I removed the ba3 head?
Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by jaibang(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
your profile page says:

If plan A doesn't work you should have plan B and not plan A recycled!

I am suprised you did not have a plan B, by getting duplicates of your car key. I once used a quest, your car not starting is not because you removed your battery head.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by nissparts(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
Did you go to work without taking a bath?
Does the inner light not have a switch?
Have a wiring expert sort out the door issue and obtain a new key.
Your battery might already be bad. Try another battery after the fix

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by JUO(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
I am suprised you did not have a plan B, by getting duplicates of your car key
i disagree with this. never duplicate key unless is broken. what will happen to the missing one? remove the key completely to avoid second owner removing the car from where it was parked.
Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by nissparts(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
Err...how do you duplicate a broken key?

2 Likes

Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
If you change the key. Mind you, you have to change the ignition key as well....

My little advice is this....Let a panel beater help you open the door... If you have to change your keys at all, you may have to get a new ignition and key. Then tell the guy cutting the key to use your ignition keys to reset the door keys... That should cost u about N4000 - N5000 max (including workmanship). Make sure you buy belgium keys cos the new ones always get spoilt easily... Sorry sha...Just consider it...

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by Ikenna351(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Worst day of your life keh! Your car dey inside your compound dey look you and you dey cry? What about those that drove to a restaurant, park their cars, went in, ate, only for them to come out to drive off and start asking themselves "am I sure i touched my car key today, not to think off parking the car at this very spot some minutes ago?" Some would even run mad for some minutes before it would down on them that their cars have gone or stolen. Which day you go call that one then?

We must not drive every day. At least, you dey wake up and come back dey look your car. Its there, not running away. Ignore her if you don't have her time. When you do have her time, fix the problem.

Ikenna

5 Likes

Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ikenna351: Worst day of your life keh! Your car dey inside your compound dey look you and you dey cry? What about those that drove to a restaurant, park their cars, went in, ate, only for them to come out to drive off and start asking themselves "am I sure i touched my car key today, not to think off parking the car at this very spot some minutes ago?" Some would even run mad for some minutes before it would down on them that their cars have gone or stolen. Which day you go call that one then?

We must not drive every day. At least, you dey wake up and come back dey look your car. Its there, not running away. Ignore her if you don't have her time. When you do have her time, fix the problem.

Ikenna
Hm. So as they say "in all things we should remain grateful..." or is it "every disappointment is..."?
Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by Respect2(f): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2013
I think it is advisable to always get an alternative key and hide it somewhere in case of this scenerio. It is bettet than changing the door and ignition keys.
Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by LongeOmolaja(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
i am of the humble opinion that u change your key system out rightly and endeavour to attend to minor issue before it causes u spiral headache like you are having presently. accept my sympathy.
Re: Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life Pls HELP!!!! by supermirab: 1:54am On Aug 05, 2013
Dont be upset, get a second hand ignition barrel, door locks , key and transponder. Fitting wont take long time , in case car is immobilized reprogram ecu and bsi
its bit of a hassle but worth doing rather than waiting for a lost key

(1) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please / Free Car Diagnosis In Abuja / Volkswagen Buys Back 350,000 Cars In U.S For N2,7t.Plans To Export & Resell Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.