Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Introducing Afro City Series - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Introducing Afro City Series (418 Views)

Meet The Winner Of Best Behind In Afro Woman 2013 Awards, Sultry Simone / PHOTOS & VIDEO: Winner Of Best Behind In Afro Woman 2013 Awards, Sultry Simone / Meet The Winner Of Best Bottom In Afro Model 2013 Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Afro City Series by robedu: 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
When Chimamanda Adichie launched her book Americanah, people thought it was about another fiction story but behold, it turns out to be a story of love with 80% concentration on African woman's hair (Afro Kinky Hair), we were then forced to ask, what is it about African hair anyway, is it the kinky style or the darkness?

Before now, it was only ladies who attends some specific church like Deeper Life, Apostolic Faith etc that grows natural kinky hair but i was surprised immediately after Chimamanda launched Americanah, i went out for some corporate event to find some cool babes flaunting natural kinky hair, i was bold enough to asked one of them about it and she said, read Americanah, the next day i ordered America from Konga.com and i took only 3 days to finish up the novel and guess what? i barb my relaxed hair and now, i'm also growing my natural hair.

The big question is, what is it about hair anyway? Chimamanda in her different interviews has affirmed that African hair is political.

Then wearing my natural hair to Google event in Kenya i met this four ladies who are proudly Africans and also want to tell the world that they are passionate about it with their series.

Ladies and gentlemen introducing Afro City Series, tune in and enjoy adventure of four African ladies http://www.twotv.net/introducing-afro-city-series/

Thank me later *wink*

(1) (Reply)

Getting A Sponsor For An Event / Star Audition / As M.I Is Appointed The Energy Ambassador, Hang Out With Him & Gov.fashola Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.