Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit (13179 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by baskettmouth: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Factional Nigeria Governors’ Forum Chairman and Plateau State Governor Jonah Jang on Wednesday opposed moves by his Lagos State counterpart, Babatunde Fashola, to withdraw a suit seeking to restrain him (Jang) from acting as the forum’s chairman.

Fashola’s lawyer, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), did not disclose reasons for the sudden decision to discontinue the proceedings, which is before an Abuja High Court.

However, Jang’s lawyer, Tayo Oyetibo (SAN), who opposed the plaintiff’s move, instead prayed the court to dismiss the suit in its entirety.

Oyetibo’s prayer, it was gathered, would stop any further plan to re-file the matter.

Oyetibo’s opposition was based on the provisions of Order 27, Rules 2 and 6 of the High Court, which stipulates that a motion to which defendants had filed statements of defence could not be withdrawn without the permission of the court.
Hearing in the case had stalled twice following disputes over the identity of counsel for some of the defendants.

However, the presiding judge, Justice Peter Affen, on Wednesday settled the dispute by announcing that four NGF Registered Trustees had deposed to affidavits electing Friday Nwosu, instead of Awa Kalu (SAN), as their lawyer.

Kalu, the counsel for the second defendant – the NGF Director-General, Aisashana Okauru – had also announced appearance for the NGF Registered Trustees, the fourth defendant, a brief, Nwosu is laying claim to.

But the identities of the four registered trustees, who deposed to affidavits to choose Nwosu as lawyer of the group, were not disclosed.

The NGF registered trustees are governors Babangida Aliyu, (Niger); Isa Yuguda (Bauchi); Martins Elechi (Ebonyi); Godswill Akpabio (Akwa-Ibom); Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta) and Fashola.

Having settled the dispute over the brief of the Registered Trustees, Osinbajo announced that he had filed a notice seeking to withdraw the suit against the defendants.
The notice was dated July 16, 2013, but copies of the notice were served on the defendants in the courtroom.

Osinbajo therefore asked the court to strike out the suit.

But Oyetibo immediately opposed the move.

Oyetibo noted that since the plaintiff filed a motion to which the defendants had already responded, it was no longer possible for him to withdraw the matter without the permission of the court.

He said, “An applicant is bound by the prayers contained in his motion – they are seeking leave to run away. My submission is that the proper order is to dismiss the suit, not to strike it off as requested by the plaintiff.

“This is because, in light of all the materials placed before this court so far, the plaintiff has realised the weakness of his claims against the 1st defendant.”

But Osinbajo disagreed, stressing that the decision to withdraw the suit was not based on any purported weakness.

Justice Affen later adjourned to September 9, 2013 to hear the motion for withdrawal of the suit.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jang-opposes-fasholas-bid-to-withdraw-ngf-suit/
http://..com/2013/07/jonah-jang-opposes-fasholas-bid-to.html

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by EkoAtlantic: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Old janging jona jang too is proving strong head.
Lwkm...

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by justsayemma(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
Fash has his personal reason 4 withdrawing,that dosnt mean Jang won d election,personally,I feel it aint wise 2 waste time n moni,in fighting a long drawn battle,over Ngf chair.jang has all d time,cos his state is peaceful n doing perfectly well.

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by mjay(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
hmmmmmm Na wah oooh. If there could be no clear cut winner in an election of 36 ppl, God knows what the situation will be in an election that involves millions of electorate. NIGERIA we hail thee. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
It is hs decision.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by flexshop(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
Watchin in 3D
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
All these shizrens in the NGF self! Smh
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Politics. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Ajibel(m): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Only the dead dont change their minds. So if BRF has decided to withdraw and Jang doesnt want that, then i suspect Jang is trying to ridicule BRF which i believe he wouldnt succeed in

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Awake9ja(m): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
fashola is running away hahahah huhuh lwkmd.

no be the person wey call police first dey win case you know.

15 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
Jang sef dey try form strong guy.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by kaycrystal(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Oga fash don enter case, u must finish wot u started o!! but den, why waste time n efort on somethin as irrelevant as NGF elections?

7 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by nerodenero: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Old Jang feeling very important.After all that has happened,Jang is still talking!!!Just a matter of time before you are put where you rightly belong.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by tobnical(m): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
...to fight and to run are the attributes of a warrior... its more than you see smiley
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
SO WATS HE TRYING TO PROVE HERE?...so fashola withdrawng means he lost to him?

A OLD MAN OF HIS AGE STILL DOESNT KNOW WAT THEY CALL "MATURITY"...smh at the WITHERED OLD SCOUNDREL
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Okayyy! Jang want BRF to finish what he started.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Geeeee3: 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
God pls help my country!
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Awake9ja(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ajibel: Only the dead dont change their minds. So if BRF has decided to withdraw and Jang doesnt want that, then i suspect Jang is trying to ridicule BRF which i believe he wouldnt succeed in

the problem with you yorubas is that you blv we MB are fools only yorubas are wise abi.
fashola has seen the foolishness in jumping into every matter. but for this case nobody go run.

am beginning to blv wat ibos are saying about you guys, bunch of chameleon.
let BRF stay put. abi yorubas are the god of the black race.
WHY is he running away from a case he initiated as supreme power.

we cant trust you guys.

23 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Remii(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
dolphinife: when am i going to be 'first to comment'?

Create your own trend and comment immediately

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Goodbishop: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
No comment
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Fazhy: 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
Change of plan?

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
Geeeee3: God pls help my country!

God cannot fly from heaven to earth because of a shameful entity called Nigeria. He has given d humans in Nigeria to change it, hence , God is DONE helping Nigeria wif dat!!!
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by justsayemma(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
Those of u that says Fash is running,pls tel me what exactly he is running from? I c it as a sign of maturity,some times its good 4 us 2 retrace our steps,if we feel the fight is not productive.m really proud of Fash,cos ego n pride from our leaders has cost us a lot,or na una wan pay d lawyers?
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Jang doesn't want to humiliate Fashola,he only wants to make sure Fashola doesn't revisit the issue.
In short,he wants the case closed forever.
I must commend his lawyer. The man is a smart chap

6 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by omenka(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Jang keeps acting like a manatee. I've never seen anywhere 17 is greater than 19! What kind of voodoo arithmetic is that??

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by gramci: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
grin
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Sibrah: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
justsayemma: Fash has his personal reason 4 withdrawing,that dosnt mean Jang won d election,personally,I feel it aint wise 2 waste time n moni,in fighting a long drawn battle,over Ngf chair.jang has all d time,[]because his state is peaceful n doing perfectly well[/b].
Really! you call the slaughtering of Berom and other plateau locals peaceful

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by geeez: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
As usual and expected, some people won't read the post but only start commenting after seeing the topic

2 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by yomalex(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
why do the courts always adjourn for so long?

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
justsayemma: Those of u that says Fash is running,pls tel me what exactly he is running from? I c it as a sign of maturity,some times its good 4 us 2 retrace our steps,if we feel the fight is not productive.m really proud of Fash,cos ego n pride from our leaders has cost us a lot,or na una wan pay d lawyers?
Dat's a white lie.
Fashola (himself) knows he can't win such a case.
Did you read Jang's counter-claim?
I'm sure u didn't.
The man addressed the issues well. Fashola knows he made a mistake. There's no way he's gonna win that stuff.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks Dishonour Taraba’s Cheques / 2019: AA Cautions Uche Nwosu Against Supporting Buhari’s Reelection / Reno Omokri Speaks On Kidnapped RCCG Members #FreeRCCGMembers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.