Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,690 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out (688 Views)

BREAKING: Amaechi Cries Out As APC Picks Osibanjo As Buhari's Running Mate / AMAECHI CRIES OUT: How The North Deceived Me With Tambuwal/amaechi Ticket - Gov. / My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by 9aijahouse: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
Barely 24 hours after Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi and four of his colleagues from the North, who paid him solidarity visit were pelted with stones by political opponents in Port Harcourt, Governor Amaechi yesterday, raised alarm that his life was in danger. He alleged that strange policemen and intelligence officers were deployed in his lodges in Port Harcourt and Abuja without his consent.

The governor raised the alarm on a day the Majority Leader of the House, Mr Chidi Lloyd was declared wanted by the State Police Command even as Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka warned that this “notorious proceeding will not be permitted to fester unchallenged.”

The Inspector General of Police, on the other hand, has also summoned to the Force Headquarters, Governor Amaechi’s Chief Security Officer, Mr Tony Iwelu as well as the House Leader.

Threat to Amaechi’s life

On the threat to Governor Amaechi’s life, Secretary to the Rivers State Government, Mr. George Feyii, in a statement made available to Vanguard in Abuja, recalled the surreptitious deployment of strange policemen and intelligence officers to the governor’s lodges in Abuja and Port Harcourt without the involvement of the governor as was the practice nationwide “The Rivers State Government notes with distress what is now an apparent attack on the person of Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

“On Tuesday, two policemen, one of them, Inspector Bawa, reported to the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge at Justice Mohammed Bello Street, Asokoro, FCT Abuja.

“They claimed to have been posted by Nigeria Police Force Headquarters to monitor the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge.

“Earlier, four intelligence officers had been posted to Government House, Port Harcourt by the Rivers State Police Command. These postings were done without any notification or reference to Governor Amaechi.

“We are aware that on issues of personal safety, an official reserves the right to pick the security personnel to whom he may entrust his safety. This is more so in the case of a state governor.

“The policemen insisted on Wednesday morning (yesterday) that they had directives to remain at the gate of the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge. Not only is the Rivers State Government uncertain of the true identity of these gentlemen, we are worried as to the true intent behind these latest postings.

“In recent times, events in Rivers State and especially around Governor Amaechi have been suggestive of deliberate nonchalance at best, and complicity at worst in the security breaches that have occurred. This trend has continued despite a passionate appeal to the highest levels of authority.

“We are worried that we can no longer guarantee the safety of Governor Chibuike Amaechi and wish to reiterate our call on all relevant authorities to ensure the safety of Governor Amaechi and the peace and security of everyone in Rivers State”, the SSG pleaded.
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by bigt2(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Noted cool
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by KwoiZabo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
We are sorry Mr Governor, these are the only policemen left for you. You have to manage them cheesy
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by hensben(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
KwoiZabo: We are sorry Mr Governor, these are the only policemen left for you. You have to manage them cheesy
u tink if ds man dies GEj n his hipopo will rule ds country again remember nor b military regime ooo but democracy. He( GEJ n his wife) will b remove n jail.....ASAP
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by ibnzubair(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nigerian politicians are not entirely fools, killing Ameachi will be too obvious to the masses.

But come to think of it, isnt the battle against Ameachi too obvious that it makes the two sides look immature?
Re: My Life In Danger, Amaechi Cries Out by RtFNJ: 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
Kwoizabo,wot ever u call ur foolish self.. I can bet u dat ur mother is not as pretty as the first lady.. Fool

(1) (Reply)

MTN Gets First Nigerian Chief Executive Officer / Breaking News: Civil Servants Protest, Call For Sack Of Minister Aganga / Niger Republic Immigrant Attempts To Burn Petrol Station In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.