Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,573 members, 7,865,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? (582 Views)

Crazy Stuffs You Believed As A Kid Which You Still Believe Now / Which Day Of The Week Did You Hate As A Kid / Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by ganase2: 4:49am On Jul 19, 2013
Growing up was fun....whether you are Behind or from the "paco" side of life, games must have been a major part of your growing up years.

I can remember playing Mario computer game on Family Com to such an addictive extent that my mum almost banned us from playing it. Those days, the moment we heard her footsteps by the door, we would switch off the game-set hurriedly and make a dash for the room. Of course, the hotness of the television and the game-set always gave us up on the fact that we'd been in front of the television, playing game all day. You can guess what finally happened...the game blew up one day (hehehe) and "our eyes finally came down".

And oh...there were generations of those computer games. The days of Family Com to those of Nintendo, Sega Mega and the PS generation. How can I forget "Game Boy"- the one that defied the availability of NEPA's electricity to provide unending fun...Those were the days mehn!

Who has ever broken a neighbour's windshield before because of an insignificant football match with some other kids? A neighbour's broken winshield is always less, compared to a broken knee or something similar. My brother once turned our dinning table to a tennis table when there was no other option...and the handible house paintings were the make-shift bats.

Some school exercise books just would not last long enough because of paper games; the likes of "any name, any name", "what did I write?" and of course, the paper soccer too. Many of us spent countless hours doing "tinko tinko" and "ten ten"...perhaps there was something energizing about the rhythm of the claps that made these games irresistible.

Oh...the days of no worries; when life was just sleep, wake-up, eat and play...at least to the best of our knowledge!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/favourite-kid-games.html

Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Tolexander: 5:41am On Jul 19, 2013
Suwe

table soccer

biro boxing

gbabata

dobo(rubber band)
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Topkush: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2013
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Topkush: 6:32am On Jul 19, 2013
biro boxing hahaha.mine was sega;mario,mortal combat nd d rest
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by Emmyk(m): 8:41am On Jul 22, 2013
I declare to

If your Leg

Mario

Sonic
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by lyfe(m): 12:52am On Jul 23, 2013
Sonic the hedge hog still have it on my droid.

Mortal Kombat.

International Super Star Soccer DELUX

Mario too.
Re: What Was Your Favourite Game As A Kid? by demmy55(m): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tank

Whot

Demolition man

Early morning pepper soup

Commandos.

The more I mention, the more I keep remembering more. Childhood was fun grin

(1) (Reply)

Ososo Carniva 2013 / Bleached Skins, Fake Hairs And Horse Wigs --by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.