Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,890 members, 7,848,590 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

“it All Started Four Years Ago” – Mother Of The Nation Tells Amaechi’s Story. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “it All Started Four Years Ago” – Mother Of The Nation Tells Amaechi’s Story. (557 Views)

Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi / It’s Time To Face Justice, Wike Tells Amaechi / Army Tells Amaechi “parade Has Changed Gear” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“it All Started Four Years Ago” – Mother Of The Nation Tells Amaechi’s Story. by courage54(m): 8:12am On Jul 19, 2013
The First Lady, Patience Jonathan recently was in storytelling mode. She traced the genesis of the ongoing crisis in Rivers to a simple request by her people to Governor Rotimi Amaechi, four years ago.

The state has been embroiled in a political crisis which culminated in a free for all at the House of Assembly last week which left a few of its members injured, temperatures rising, the state in tension and the nation in stupefied mood.

Mrs Jonathan spoke in an emotive tone when she played host to 16 bishops from the South-South geopolitical zone at the Presidential Villa.

“The Rivers issue is one thing I’ve committed to prayer because I believe there is nothing God cannot do. God restored me and I’ll do His work without the fear of man. The truth will always remain the truth and what God ordains must come to pass and so Rivers is something we’ve handed over to God.’’

The President’s wife said that contrary to some reports, she had always mediated between Gov. Amaechi and other parties in a crisis that began four years ago.

“This matter started as far back as four years ago at Anyugubiri in Okrika when I begged him not to demolish a part of Okrika but (that he should) dialogue first with the people. After that incident, he called the chairman of Okrika (local government) and sacked him for holding a reception in our honour; that boy was the first victim.

“He also put my people on curfew for nine months. I called him and pleaded with him but he refused. Then I began to hear all sort of propaganda in the media against me; this is not the way.

“I’ve never spoken about this issue but as men of God, I believe you’ll say the truth always because there are a lot of conflicting interests; some will hear one thing and say the exact opposite. I also want you to know the genesis of this problem and pray that God touches Amaechi’s heart as per his hot temper because when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.’’

Jonathan urged the parties involved in the crisis to help resolve the issues plaguing the state and not “whip up sentiments that will aggravate the problem.”

Then she went scriptural.

“I appeal to Amaechi to sheathe his sword so that we can defend our state and this country with love, unity, patriotism and truth at all time. Hebrews 12:14 urges us to embrace peace with all men without which, we cannot see God.”

And she called him her son, again.

“Amaechi is my son, I cannot fight him and I cannot kill him. He should not be used by outsiders against his own blood because this seat is vanity. One day, no matter how long it takes, we will leave this seat. Power is not forever. This seat is vanity, others sat here and left so one day I’ll also leave and we will meet at home; so why should I fight him?

“Let’s take it easy, face issues, leave non-existent matters, stop magnifying lies and respect our leaders and people in authority. Let’s give peace a chance.”

Earlier, Bishop God-Do-Well Awomapara, Chairman, Niger Delta Bishops Forum, who led the delegation, said the visit was significant “in view of emerging situations in our region.

“We are on a quest to unravel the mysteries surrounding the Rivers issue and mediate where necessary.”

If only this wasn’t politics

Re: “it All Started Four Years Ago” – Mother Of The Nation Tells Amaechi’s Story. by mgbeketoto: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2013
What do we expect from an EX-MAMA-PUT-JARA? grin
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrantus NONSENSICUS!
Very annoying!

Mrs Jonathan spoke in an emotive tone when she played host to [size=20pt]16 bishops[/size] from the South-South geopolitical zone at the Presidential Villa.

ONLY NIGERIAN BISHOPS can be purchased and carried in ONE BASKET. . . like IMPURE WATER SACHETS!

FIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKWA!!!! grin

[size=20pt]WAKA FAKA!!!![/size]

[b]The President’s wife said that contrary to some reports, she had always mediated between Gov. Amaechi and other parties in a crisis that began four years ago.

“This matter started as far back as four years ago at Anyugubiri in Okrika when I begged him not to demolish a part of Okrika but (that he should) dialogue first with the people. After that incident, he called the chairman of Okrika (local government) and sacked him for holding a reception in our honour; that boy was the first victim.

“He also put my people on curfew for nine months. I called him and pleaded with him but he refused. Then I began to hear all sort of propaganda in the media against me; this is not the way.

“I’ve never spoken about this issue but as men of God, I believe you’ll say the truth always because there are a lot of conflicting interests; some will hear one thing and say the exact opposite. I also want you to know the genesis of this problem and pray that God touches Amaechi’s heart as per his hot temper because when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.’’[/b]

See the kinds of people OBJ gave Nigeria to take the place of the LIVING CORPSE YARADUA? grin

1 Like

Re: “it All Started Four Years Ago” – Mother Of The Nation Tells Amaechi’s Story. by mgbeketoto: 8:55am On Jul 19, 2013
[size=20pt]Earlier, Bishop God-Do-Well Awomapara,[/size] Chairman, Niger Delta Bishops Forum, who led the delegation, said the visit was significant “in view of emerging situations in our region.

O PHOCK!
That does it!

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Computer Village Price Ikeja Is Where You Can Get The Latest And Cheap Products / Fasheun,al-mustapha Romance: Yoruba Monarchs Salient / Akwa Ibom, 2015 And The Succession Riddle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.