Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

A Calamity Waiting To Happen On Ahmadu Bello Way, VI, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Calamity Waiting To Happen On Ahmadu Bello Way, VI, Lagos (1039 Views)

Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Photo!!!! See What Happen On A Football Field!!! Imagine!!!! Incredible.!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Calamity Waiting To Happen On Ahmadu Bello Way, VI, Lagos by programer: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please push this to front page Moderator!!! This could save the lives of numerous.

It has become a trend in Victoria Island to see cranes at building project sites, suspending concrete over the
road.

The most recent of this that is worrisome is the crane at the Standard Chartered Bank Headquarters Project site.
Most times, when going home, I ply that route and even some times when they are not working, the crane is loaded with
heavy Concrete and left like that. Given the maintenance culture in this country, this type of occurence is a no-no. Even in
developed countries, things like this are not allowed to dangle over busy roads.

Please, anyone that has access to the Local Government Council (Eti-Osa) and the Lagos state Department that are in charge of monitoring and ensuring the safety of the public, should please forward them this info and the attached pictures.
I believe that we can change Nigeria using social media.

Thank you very much.

Re: A Calamity Waiting To Happen On Ahmadu Bello Way, VI, Lagos by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
What you call HEAVY CONCRETE is what is giving stability to the crane...without it....it will become even more calamitous for you to be there. grin cheesy
Re: A Calamity Waiting To Happen On Ahmadu Bello Way, VI, Lagos by programer: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
ilugunboy: What you call HEAVY CONCRETE is what is giving stability to the crane...without it....it will become even more calamitous for you to be there. grin cheesy

You don't understand, what makes me and others uncomfortable is the Concrete hanging over our cars and our heads as we pass by in traffic. I have not seen this type of thing in developed countries. I just returned from a trip to one not long ago, so
I know what I am talking about here.
Re: A Calamity Waiting To Happen On Ahmadu Bello Way, VI, Lagos by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
My Man,
That thing you are calling a load is the counterbalance that prevents the crane from swing down when a load is being lifted.
It is fixed and not to be removed.
However, I agree with you in the sense that the crane should have been located away from the road, best at the back of the building.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Youths Threaten Reprisal Against Niger-Delta Governors Over Attack / Why Jonathan Cannot Fight Corruption / PDP Destroying Nigeria's Image On BBC. Nigerian Politicians Brawl In Parliament.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.