Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal (16686 Views)

Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 / Dangote Graduate Engineers Training Scheme (GETS). / Dangote Graduate Drivers Trainee Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by nameee: 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
We need to stop dis naija graduate mentality, in more developed countries there are graduates doing this kinda jobs. If the money is good I see no reason why they cannot apply. They should have not made any restrictions cos u dont need a degree to drive a truck.

1 Like

Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Sanboy25: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by trolling(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
na only for naija una dey shame say una be truck driver,truck drivers here make up to $20,000 a month driving trucks,they dont even need to have a degree,naija and their mentality
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by emiye(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
I am not aware if any of the graduates have been assigned trucks yet, the training for the job intakes will take nothing less than 3 months of both classroom based and practical attachment to a current driver.

1 Like

Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by emiye(m): 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
nameee: We need to stop dis naija graduate mentality, in more developed countries there are graduates doing this kinda jobs. If the money is good I see no reason why they cannot apply. They should have not made any restrictions cos u dont need a degree to drive a truck.

May be in their own wisdom, they felt there is a greater possibility of levelheadedness, intelligence, maturity and value for life for someone who has passed through the 4 walls of a tertiary institution to a primary school dropout.

In logical sense they are right, but sometimes logic fails, i hope its not the case with the graduate truck driver scheme of Dangote. If they suceed , other companies in inter city logistics might copy the Dangote model.
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by topazjosh(m): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO:
How do you mean?
I'm a proud Trucker!
My name na Patito grin grin grin
Are you a learner?
lmao
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Walexz02(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO:
How do you mean?
I'm a proud Trucker!
My name na Patito grin grin grin
Are you a learner?
walai! You are not seious...grin grin no b on patito na potato sef grin grin
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by ypeace: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO:
How do you mean?
I'm a proud Trucker!
My name na PATITO grin grin grin
Are you a learner?
Abu Mikey: My Name na PATITO,and I be confam truck Driver!!!!gringringringrin

If I reach Okene I go yarn you real matters cheesycheesy

#panodolEXTRA

how come dangote con nam all in drivaz PATITO?
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by drdams: 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
Madam, e ad beta option to employ illiterates, e jst feel he his bein helpful maam.. Dere r obviously no space ** r u a learner?** were is d job in Naija..
BTW, dose driver might b earning mre dan most graduate contract staffs in some firms..
greatest man: what our brains is meant for ? why nigeria youths are much more obsessed about employment rather than thinking of creating one. if masters and Ph.d holders are drivers for just a graduate like Dangote (i am not looking down on him) does that mean he has no other better position to offer for them? this is abuse. me no get money now but hoping one day Dangote will collect loan from me. Although he is my mentor this is a families issue.
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by OCTAVO: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
ypeace:

how come dangote con nam all in drivaz PATITO?
Na me be the MAIN Patito as per number 1 thinz.
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by rozayx5(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
all i see i useless pride among the so called Graduates @ least the Ekiti State Governor reminded them of their employment and worth when he said many of them are not employable grin grin

the world has changed its no more about papers its about skills cool
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by BlackPeni5: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
playah P: Its been months since the "dangote graduate driver" opportunity came up.

Did any member of nairaland get the job??
Do you know anyone that got the job??

I don't know anyone that got the job!... Was it even real? Or was it just a ploy to spite the nigerian educational system and fan his ego...

I can imagine him saying something like this;"I never went to school but I've hired so many graduates; even my truck drivers are graduates"........

Please if you got the job or know someone that did get the job... Or even someone that knows someone that got the job!... Please do come share with us.
What has the experience being so far??

Was it up to expectation?

Its pretty obvious the OP was an unsuccessful applicant for the truck driver position. No wonder he hopes the successful people will hav sad stories to tell which will make him feel better about himself. Change ur mentality bro, it wont take u anywhere.
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by networkrecharg: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ok please help.

OCTAVO: Op, I'm presently on the road. I will reply your post whenever I see a parking space.
I just took off from Obajana with a truck load of cement enroute Kano. grin grin grin
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
....Well @op,alot of guyz including my close pal rejected d offer,coz according to him the training they had was so f.ucked(100 trainees for jst one truck during practical,The feeding was poor,No stipend was paid to d trainees,it got so bad dat Guyz had had to borrow from home!though a paltry sum was paid after the training finished 3months later).To cut d story short alot of guys dumped d offer immidiately d training elapsed...! SATISFIED NOW!!!!
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by OCTAVO: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
network.recharg:
Ok please help.

I resemble Dangote?
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by arabbunkum: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
In summary:
a. We had a 3month training at NITT, Zaria which ended on Feb 09, 2013.
b. We were issued with appointment letters on March 01, 2013 at the HQ in Lagos.
At this point, some guys rejected the offer for reasons best known to them.
c. We were given brand new trucks in Lagos and work started in earnest.
d. Two months later (May), the mgt directed that anyone of us that wish to leave driving should apply for conversion.
At this point, those guys that rejected the offer at Lagos rushed back but the mgt rejected them.
e. Today (July 21), most of us that applied for conversion have been converted and deployed to various offices at Obajana while those that love driving are still doing it.
f. Never neglect anything.
g. Thank Aliko Dangote for me wherever you see him.

8 Likes

Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by OCTAVO: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
arab-bunkum:
In summary:
b. We were issued with appointment letters on March 01, 2013 at the HQ in Lagos.
d. Two months later (May), the mgt directed that anyone of us that wish to leave driving should apply for conversion.
At this point, those guys that rejected the offer at Lagos rushed back but the mgt rejected them.
e. Today (July 21), most of us that applied for conversion have been converted and deployed to various offices at Obajana while those that love driving are still doing it.
Wow, that's ok.
But my question for you is that: did you actually drive the Truck for 2 months? How was the driving experience like?
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by bigmo1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
@ OP congratulations for making d frontpage. Next topic pls.
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by sixteen08(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
arab-bunkum:
In summary:

When the next round of application is open, many of those yeye graduates fumbling now would start rushing to apply

cheesy
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO: Op, I'm presently on the road. I will reply your post whenever I see a parking space.
I just took off from Obajana with a truck load of cement enroute Kano. grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Isodice: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
""I can imagine him saying something like this;"I never went to
school but I've hired so many graduates; even my truck
drivers are graduates"........'''

@op, why imagining such statement?? Or Dangote really said that?

1 Like

Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Joniboi(m): 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
arab-bunkum:
In summary:
d. Two months later (May), the mgt directed that anyone of us that wish to leave driving should apply for conversion. Please after your conversion how much is your basic salary now?
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by arabbunkum: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO:
Wow, that's ok.
But my question for you is that: did you actually drive the Truck for 2 months? How was the driving experience like?

YES, we used Dangote Cement Truck to haul cement to every nook and cranny of this country though with the assistance of more mature and experienced truck drivers. Talking about the experience, it was really tough but with our perseverence and prompt assistance from the attached drivers, we were able to pull through.

1 Like

Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Vikta10(m): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ghost mode tins !!!!! I no dey see demmmm!!!!!
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by playahP(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
big mo: @ OP congratulations for making d frontpage. Next topic pls.

I always make front page u numb skull!!

@ arab-bunkum

It seems you truly know what you're saying about the dangote stuff!
First of all, I want to congratulate you and other sucessful applicants.

I had to ask about the job cos if you remember well, it generated a lot of ummmm..dust here on nairaland...

I'm glad you're doing well.

There was also a big debate about the pay!
Was it up to 150k as speculated by most of us!!?
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by arabbunkum: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
@ arab-bunkum

It seems you truly know what you're saying about the dangote stuff!
First of all, I want to congratulate you and other sucessful applicants.

I had to ask about the job cos if you remember well, it generated a lot of ummmm..dust here on nairaland...

I'm glad you're doing well.

There was also a big debate about the pay!
Was it up to 150k as speculated by most of us!!? [/quote]

The stated salary in the appointment letter is not up to that but it's not bad.
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by adeboolusegun(m): 11:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
That is a very good search...but i must tell u d@ no trailer driver wil ve time to giv any information as regards ur post. As for dangote,he is trying his best to reduce unemploymnt rate in the country even if professors likes, they can also apply when another opportunity comes. It is better than disguised Unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by playahP(m): 1:00am On Jul 22, 2013
Thanks to arab-bunkum, we now know more!!!!! More grease to elbow sire
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Joniboi(m): 6:41am On Jul 22, 2013
@Arab-bukun, how much is the basic salary after conversion, please help me cos am considering a job offer in the transport deparment at Obajana, thanks,
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2013
I met one of them he told me everything.he complain of poor condition of service-salary #24,459:00.
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by playahP(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Trvlla'c:
I met one of them he told me everything.he complain of poor condition of service-salary #24,459:00.

That can't be possible!
That's a paltry sum!!...
Better than being unemployed though!
Re: Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2013

U FUNNY DIE BUT WATCH CAREFULLY BEFORE U CAUSE ACCIDENT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend / Aso Villa Demo Day 2016: Pictures / Part-time Jobs Across The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.