Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Q & A - Tell Me About Yourself - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Q & A - Tell Me About Yourself (1110 Views)

500+ Interview Q&a - Mother Of All Giveaways / NIS 2015:CHECK THE LIST OF SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS-3/4/15, DOWNLOAD PAST Q&A / Free Dragnet Past Q & A And Gmat Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Q & A - Tell Me About Yourself by Winsletdc: 12:16am On Jul 20, 2013
Intent: Such an innocent-sounding question, but it is a bit of a trap. The interviewer wants to see how you present yourself,but this is not an offer to recite your resume.

Context: This question, which when asked always occurs at thebeginning of the interview, is a predictable opportunity to craft an engaging, intriguing executive summary of who you are professionally and why you are there. While there is no hard-and-fast rule as to how long it should be, let's say it should last up to a minute. If youare given this opportunity, turn it to your advantage to establish momentum.

Response: The stronger the connection you can make between your background, knowledge and interests, and thejob at hand, the more compelling you will be as a candidate. If there is something notable about your personal life that adds to your candidacy or helps explain your career trajectory, add it. Otherwise, leave personal details out at this stage unless invited to do so.

Source: Interview Questions And Answers Plus Job Opportunities
Re: Q & A - Tell Me About Yourself by Winsletdc: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2013
Thread updated 7:38am
Re: Q & A - Tell Me About Yourself by Winsletdc: 9:41am On Jul 20, 2013
Thread update 9:40am
Re: Q & A - Tell Me About Yourself by Winsletdc: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2013
Thread updated
Re: Q & A - Tell Me About Yourself by Winsletdc: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Thread updated 2:53pm

(1) (Reply)

Emerald Resource, Borno Way, Ebute Meta / Recruitment Of Fresh Graduates / Vacancies In A Feedmill Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.