Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,672 members, 7,813,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. (1359 Views)

11yr Old Girl On Child Marriage / Understanding Northern Muslim Stand On Child Marriage / Nairalanders E-protest Against Child Marriage: Sign your Petition Here Guys! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 12:58am On Jul 21, 2013
Hello Nlanders,
the heat of the moment in Nigeria is on child marriage. There have been different debates, contributions, petitions been signed, and protests on whether it is right for girls 17 and under to get married. As a 17 year old girl, here is my take on child marriage.

I am AGAINST child marriage because:

I want to live a proper life. And by living a proper life I mean I will want to be happy in every aspect of my life. From my life as a teenager in general to my life as a young lady and in every other aspect.
I will not want a situation whereby I will be raped by my ''husband'' if I refuse to have se.x with him.
I will not want to have any sickness/disease for example VVF* as a result of giving birth to a kid when I am still a kid.
I will not want to contribute to the poverty of my beautiful country Nigeria, as a result of being a child wife without an education.
And last I will not want to be a child wife because if in the process of having children happen to have any sickness, I will be become a patient and my ''husband'' will most likely go and marry another woman(maybe another child like me).

Finally, I will like to end by saying that we children need a pen and not a p3nis and we need education and not ej@culation, thanks.
[size=16pt]People(especially girls 17 and under) should please contribute whether in support of child marriage or against, thanks[/size] smiley

*VVF(Vesicovaginal fistula) is an abnormal fistulous tract extending between the bladder and the v@gina that allows the continuous involuntary discharge of urine into the vaginal vault. It is often caused by childbirth (in which case it is known as an obstetric fistula), when a prolonged labour presses the unborn child tightly against the pelvis, cutting off blood flow to the vesicovaginal wall. The affected tissue may necrotize (die), leaving a hole.
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 21, 2013
Nigerian women should leave Nigeria(cross the border , you ain't safe over there
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Nigerian women should leave Nigeria(cross the border , you ain't safe over there
u secretly wish u were a nigerian
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 21, 2013
Babiloko: u secretly wish u were a nigerian
face the topic. u cradle-robber

1 Like

Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: face the topic. u cradle-robber
jux admit it
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 1:41am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Nigerian women should leave Nigeria(cross the border , you ain't safe over there
hell yelz, can you just imagine the nonsense issue that Nigeria/Nigerians is/are debating on.
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 21, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
hell yelz, can you just imagine the nonsense issue that Nigeria/Nigerians is/are debating on.
I'm in full support of your fighting , Nigerians women shouldn't let that happen. however i'm afraid that the same women esp the muslims one will undermine your work . u know their brain and body don't belong to them and they can't think properly.
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 21, 2013
Babiloko: jux admit it
get off my balls. there is no sane human who wants to b Nigerian , wake up ...I mean i'm sorry Nigerian themselves are leaving Nigeria claiming anything but Nigeria abroad , they dissociate themselves with Nigeria. and are always eager to change their nationality. this is my last comment to u. face the topic .

1 Like

Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 1:52am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I'm in full support of your fighting , Nigerians women shouldn't let that happen. however i'm afraid that the same women esp the muslims one will undermine your work . u know their brain and body don't belong to them and they can't think properly.
They will most likely undermine it but I will not mind because they've been brainwashed from birth.
not their fault
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: get off my balls. there is no sane human who wants to b Nigerian , wake up ...I mean i'm sorry Nigerian themselves are leaving Nigeria claiming anything but Nigeria abroad , they dissociate themselves with Nigeria. and are always eager to change their nationality. this is my last comment to u. face the topic .
wetin dae do dis1.. I stand untop ur balls?..I didn't want 2 comment til I saw sumtin bout nigerians crossin borders..was dat calld 4? Nd by d way wetin u dae feel lyk?
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by nekaa(f): 1:56am On Jul 21, 2013
Nicely written
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 2:00am On Jul 21, 2013
nekaa: Nicely written
thanks dear. smiley
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 21, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
They will most likely undermine it but I will not mind because they've been brainwashed from birth.
not their fault
yes , you said it. brainwashing ..anyway try to create awareness where u live and find a bigger support wink wink. cool to see a young girl so concerned
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 2:13am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yes , you said it. brainwashing ..anyway try to create awareness where u live and find a bigger support wink wink. cool to see a young girl so concerned
I don't live in Nigeria, unfortunately.
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 21, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
I don't live in Nigeria, unfortunately.
don't worry u can still help . where do u live if u don't mind?
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 2:21am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't worry u can still help . where do u live if u don't mind?
Canada.
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 21, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
Canada.
create awareness , esp if there are naijans living around u or going to your school .
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 2:45am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: create awareness , esp if there are naijans living around u or going to your school .
well I can create awareness but I am not so sure the Nigerians here will respond. Most of them are not interested in anything Nigeria. My only friend that is interested in Nigeria does not have a cellphone or laptop with her presently because her dad wants her to do well in school...by the way what will the awareness creation do?
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 21, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
well I can create awareness but I am not so sure the Nigerians here will respond. Most of them are not interested in anything Nigeria. My only friend that is interested in Nigeria does not have a cellphone or laptop with her presently because her dad wants her to do well in school...by the way what will the awareness creation do?
awareness will create protest b it online or in the street . the people supposed to pass that bill are elected and they can't go against the will of the population. if they feel like no one is behind them they won't dare pass that bill . at least I hope/guess so
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by CALLMESTAR(f): 2:57am On Jul 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: awareness will create protest b it online or in the street . the people supposed to pass that bill are elected and they can't go against the will of the population. if they feel like no one is behind them they won't dare pass that bill . at least I hope/guess so
I see...thanks for telling.
Re: What A 17 Year Old Girl Has To Say On Child Marriage. by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 21, 2013
welcome. cool

(1) (Reply)

Mutation!!! See Man With Nose On Forehead / Nigeria To Experience An Eclipse Of The Moon On The 3rd Of November / Best Military Displays In The World - Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.