Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,851 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Pls Help Me Out On This .. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Pls Help Me Out On This .. (1363 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Out On This .. by Dfash(m): 6:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Hello big bosses, am a newbie on graphics designing Still trying to learn on my own , I want to know d difference btw d normal corel draw 12 and d X series like x3, x5 and d likes . Ds also Applies to d normal photoshop and d X series as well. Pls I need to know d difference cos its kinda confusing. Am currently using d corel DRaw 12 . So I wanna know wht difference would d x series make.

I also need website suggestions on where I can freely download d softwares(corel draw n Photoshop softwares) online cos most of the Otigba version aren't working on ma system.

I also need to know d system requirements in terms of memory capacity for d softwares to work effectively .
Thanks a bunch as U̶̲̥̅̊ help a novice broda .
God bless !
Re: Pls Help Me Out On This .. by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:03am On Jul 21, 2013
The coreldraw "x series" are versions of coreldraw. The latest version is x6, which means coreldraw 16. If you have version 12, you are still good to go. There are not much differences. The difference between one from another is usually a redesign of interface and one or two additions in terms of tools and other features. But in most cases, the new tools and features may not even be used if you were to have the latest version. Again, the more the software becomes latest, the heavy it becomes. I know professionals who still work with version 11. Version 11 is regarded as the most stable version of coreldraw. The latest ones usually crash or hang in the middle of a project. But if you really want to be following the latest trends in the coreldraw landscape, then you may have to go for the latest version, which is coreldraw x6. As for getting a free version, that may not be easy. You can get a free version of 11 to 13, but the latest ones are usually hard to see a free or cracked version that will really work. The latest version is sold at 500 USD on corel website. I guess that will be too expensive for you to afford. You may have to search all over the internet using google to find a free or cracked version. But be careful, some of the purported free version are malware script that may be used to hack your system and phish your log in details.

As for photoshop, the latest version is 6. It doesn't have "x series." But adobe software is usually very expensive. The creative CS6 (which is a combination of about 16 software ) is roughly 1000 USD. Only Photoshop is roughly 350 USD.

So everything boils down to sticking to the version you have now and learn what you need to learn. When you have money or when you see a cheap latest version, then you go for the latest version. I worked with coreldraw for years. I was only working with versions 11, 12 and 13. I didnt go for 14, 15 or 16. Now, I dont work with coreldraw again. I now work with adobe creative suit and I have its latest version cs6, which comes with single license.

As for the system requirements, I think if you have a system that has at least 1GB of RAM and a free space of 40GB in your HDD, then it's ok.
Re: Pls Help Me Out On This .. by Dfash(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
@graphicplus :
Thanks so much for ur advice and brotherly suggestions . May God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ . I really appreciate .
Will still depend on people like U̶̲̥̅̊ to become a better graphic professionals!
Re: Pls Help Me Out On This .. by Dfash(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
@graphicplus :
Thanks so much for ur advice and brotherly suggestions . May God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ . I really appreciate .
Will still depend on people like U̶̲̥̅̊ around here to become a better graphic professionals!

God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ all as U̶̲̥̅̊ keep d advice and suggestions coming.
Re: Pls Help Me Out On This .. by spywareczar(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Just go for corel X3, its the best so far 4 me, although X5 ãήϑ X6 re faster sha
Re: Pls Help Me Out On This .. by Dfash(m): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
spywareczar: Just go for corel X3, its the best so far 4 me, although X5 ãήϑ X6 re faster sha

Thanks brov.
Re: Pls Help Me Out On This .. by Goldenheart(m): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2013
I grew up with X4; its been nice. X5 sucks when exporting... so im porting to X6
as for ps. oh my. CS5 Extended and CS6. are awesome.

(1) (Reply)

MOLLY & HERO (mini Novel) / And My Design Is One Of The Mst Beatiful Nollywood Poster Of 2015 / #bukasgraphix/ Your Photo Cartoon Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.