Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Pls Help: How Do I Add this to. a web page? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Help: How Do I Add this to. a web page? (537 Views)

How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. / Live Telecast On My Web Page / Website / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help: How Do I Add this to. a web page? by Dewze(m): 11:42am On Jul 21, 2013
Pls guys how do I go about adding a field box onto a web page like the one circled in yellow(below). I am trying to build it on Joomla. Is it possible to do this on Joomla or what other software would you recommend I use to achieve this?
I want to be able to type in an entry and then have a drop down list.
For example If I type in a state like 'Lagos' into the field in yellow, the word 'secondary schools' into the field in blue and I press a 'go' button, I should have a page with a list of secondary schools in Lagos just below (like the part in a red circle).
all I need is how to add the field boxes with their drop down options & categories list (i.e. yellow circled field with a drop down list of other states in Nigeria; blue circled field with drop down list of categories like banks, universities, polytechnics etc.)

Thanks a lot guys, here is the sample page

Re: Pls Help: How Do I Add this to. a web page? by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
Do you mean html form select field?
You may have to explain what you want.
Re: Pls Help: How Do I Add this to. a web page? by Dewze(m): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Do you mean html form select field?
You may have to explain what you want.

Sorry 4 not coming clear initially. I had a problem uploading from the doc file tht I pre-wrote the request. I've just modified the request, so pls go thru it and let me know if u can help.
Thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

Create Mobile Websites / For Best Android Games / Is Bulk Sms Service Falling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.