Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? (16780 Views)

The Pope Admits That God Is Not Omnipotent And Big Bang And Evolution Are Real.. / Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by plaetton: 1:51am On Jul 23, 2013
Deep Sight:

Same thing really. You still dont get that you are explaining a thing by referring to its engine, which is what needs to be explained.

Why dont you start by addressing my posers?

Pick one. Lets say the one on sexuality, reproduction and s.exual reproduction?
Your posees make little sense to me in terms of debating this issue. Quite frankly am surprised that come from you.
It looks like the kind of little league stuff from the bible schoolers. Lol.
I will find time To put them on the shredder.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:
It's been repeated here many times that one does not need to be a master of science to understand the simple theory of evolution, nor does he require it to easily dismiss religious superstition .
The habit of asking atheists to this, that or else... is quite silly.
If you don't know something, then educate your self on it.

If you know better, then come and state your positions.

If you dont know, its ok to say so. All Deepsight asked is that you defend your "scientific" position and all you have offered is needless waffling. Shame.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:
Polarity is not an evolutionary trait. It is part of the process of differentnation.
C'mon Davidilan. Should already know that.
There are billion possible reasons for the billion diverse lifeforms with their diverse traits.

This makes no sense. Amoeba... is unipolar, it has remained so for billions of years. Why hasnt it evolved into a polar organism as you claim?

3 Likes

Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 3:14am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:
Your posees make little sense to me in terms of debating this issue. Quite frankly am surprised that come from you.
It looks like the kind of little league stuff from the bible schoolers. Lol.
I will find time To put them on the shredder.

you've had all night...
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by DeepSight(m): 3:54am On Jul 23, 2013
Its quite obvious our atheists have no answers.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by plaetton: 5:12am On Jul 23, 2013
Deep Sight: Well this was actually a response (slightly edited) to Plaetton's thread asking if consciousness cannot be explained by evolution only, without the need for some Divine attribution. However I think that these questions merit a discussion of their own; and I believe that they are cardinal questions.

To be clear: these posers seek to show that current scientific explanation for existence as we know it alone and by itself - from the big b.ang through to evolution and mankind, does not and cannot account for life as we know it.

To be further clear: I actually believe in evolution. There must have been evolution of some sort. However I do not believe that it was blind or unguided. I believe in an evolutionary universe and an evolutionary process guided by a definite and intelligent hand.

That which is set forth by current scientific thinking - starting with the Big B.ang and all the way through to evolution and humanity, does not account for the existence of life and consciousness as we know it today.

These are the fundamental pillars of reasoning whereat I say that current scientific thinking, from the Big Bang through to evolution, cannot, and does not account for consciousness as we know it.

Abiogenesis attempts to account for the emergence of life from simple organic molecules.

Abiogenesis – A brief history Even though Darwin himself focused on the origin of species, some scientists have tried to apply the concept of evolution to the first life to form the concept of abiogenesis. In 1924, Russian biochemist Alexander Oparin proposed that living cells arose gradually from nonliving matter through a sequence of chemical reactions. According to Oparin, gases present in the atmosphere of primitive earth, when induced by lightening or other sources of energy, would react to form simple organic compounds. These compounds would subsequently self-assemble into increasingly complex molecules such as proteins. These, in turn, would organize themselves into living cells. In 1953, Stanley Miller and Harold Urey tested Oparin’s hypothesis by conducting an experiment that attempted to simulate the atmospheric conditions of primitive earth. In their experiment, water boiled into vapor at the bottom of a flask and then passed through an apparatus, combining with ammonia, methane, and hydrogen. They then subjected the resulting mixture to a 50,000-volt-spark before cooling and collecting it in a trap at the bottom of the apparatus. When Miller and Urey examined the resulting tar-like substance, they found a collection of amino acids, the building blocks of life. - See more at: http://www.allaboutscience.org/abiogenesis.htm#sthash.SQtMSzwJ.dpuf

Now although the theory of abiogenesis still has many problems and many questions to sort out, it lays the basic scientific idea of how simple living cells may have emerged from chemical reactions billions of years ago.
Infact, for all we know, such a process may have initially taken place in another galaxy several billions years further down the road,and perhaps transported to earth by meteorites or crashing comets.

Now, It is entirely up to you whether you accept or reject it.

Now , on the second issue of consciousness, again scientific thinking is now looking at the possibility that it arises as a result of quantum mechanical processes in the brain cells. In other words, it is possibly a biochemical function that occurs when the conditions are right , and not a divine attribute.
Again, it's either you keep an open mind or you keep your mind closed.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by ooman(m): 6:02am On Jul 23, 2013
These questions raised by deepsight are not such questions to be debated at the moment. Asking questions about big b.ang and origin of life now is like asking questions about genetics and chemical bonding 2000 years ago.
Many researches still need to be done.

But these questions are important to be asked now probably because of the rise of atheism against theism. But because we have no observatory answers presently, I think that the logical position of the presence of life and the universe should therefore be debated, rather than their scientific position.

And when it comes to logic, atheism stands a googol times higher than theism.

My reasons? Atheists can always tell you more works still need doing when we dont know stuffs yet, then form hypothesis to work with, which is science. But theists will always tell you they already have answers, that an umcreated being made it all.

Well it makes me wonder, if a being could be uncreated, popping into existence from absolute nothing and yet complex enough to make this magnificent universe and the ever astonishing life, then I see no reason why evolution cant proceed by itself.

When the presence of evolution is juxtaposed with that of an intelligent designer in nature, evolution is ever visible. Except someone can tell me why 20% of pregnancies in USA alone end up in spontaneous abortion in mothers that really need babies. And why life only occur where it can be supported, even on earth. Evolution's position of mutations and adaptation explains those two better.

Again, if the universe was made to support life, then the universe is supposed to be teeming with life. But out there simply means death to any life unprotected. This could only mean the universe was not designed to support life, but life formed when and where it could.

Again, if life was designed by an intelligent designer, why isn't life perfect at its fundamental level of DNA, why mutations in babies? If life was designed, why mutations at all? Things that are designed need not mutate at all because they were made for a specific purpose. The presence of mutation is enough proof against design and the presence or existence of a designer.

This is why atheism and evolution are better explanations to all we see.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by FearGodAndLive: 6:23am On Jul 23, 2013
ooman:
But because we have no observatory answers presently, I think that the logical position of the...

And why life only occur where it can be supported, even on earth. Evolution's position of mutations and adaptation explains those two better.

Again, if the universe was made to support life, then the universe is supposed to be teeming with life. But out there simply means death to any life unprotected. This could only mean the universe was not designed to support life, but life formed when and where it could.

Again, if life was designed by an intelligent designer, why isn't life perfect at its fundamental level of DNA, why mutations in babies? If life was designed, why mutations at all? Things that are designed need not mutate at all because they were made for a specific purpose. The presence of mutation is enough proof against design and the presence or existence of a designer.

This is why atheism and evolution are better explanations to all we see.

Anything but God. The desperation to convince one self one has no creator or purpose can drive one to madness. No wonder, the Bible states it blatantly ' a fool says there's no God'
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:

Abiogenesis attempts to account for the emergence of life from simple organic molecules.

Abiogenesis – A brief history Even though Darwin himself focused on the origin of species, some scientists have tried to apply the concept of evolution to the first life to form the concept of abiogenesis. In 1924, Russian biochemist Alexander Oparin proposed that living cells arose gradually from nonliving matter through a sequence of chemical reactions. According to Oparin, gases present in the atmosphere of primitive earth, when induced by lightening or other sources of energy, would react to form simple organic compounds. These compounds would subsequently self-assemble into increasingly complex molecules such as proteins. These, in turn, would organize themselves into living cells. In 1953, Stanley Miller and Harold Urey tested Oparin’s hypothesis by conducting an experiment that attempted to simulate the atmospheric conditions of primitive earth. In their experiment, water boiled into vapor at the bottom of a flask and then passed through an apparatus, combining with ammonia, methane, and hydrogen. They then subjected the resulting mixture to a 50,000-volt-spark before cooling and collecting it in a trap at the bottom of the apparatus. When Miller and Urey examined the resulting tar-like substance, they found a collection of amino acids, the building blocks of life. - See more at: http://www.allaboutscience.org/abiogenesis.htm#sthash.SQtMSzwJ.dpuf

Now although the theory of abiogenesis still has many problems and many questions to sort out, it lays the basic scientific idea of how simple living cells may have emerged from chemical reactions billions of years ago.
Infact, for all we know, such a process may have initially taken place in another galaxy several billions years further down the road,and perhaps transported to earth by meteorites or crashing comets.

Now, It is entirely up to you whether you accept or reject it.

Now , on the second issue of consciousness, again scientific thinking is now looking at the possibility that it arises as a result of quantum mechanical processes in the brain cells. In other words, it is possibly a biochemical function that occurs when the conditions are right , and not a divine attribute.
Again, it's either you keep an open mind or you keep your mind closed.

The miller-Urey experiment has been thoroughly debunked. It is interesting that serious biologists have condemned it to the thrash can of fantasy while ignorant "pseudo-scientists" bandy it around like some trophy.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by mazaje(m): 6:37am On Jul 23, 2013
FearGodAndLive:

Anything but God. The desperation to convince one self one has no creator or purpose can drive one to madness. No wonder, the Bible states it blatantly ' a fool says there's no God'

And this nonsense is your rejoinder?. . .If god designed things then why do things mutate?. . .How has the god did it hypothess helped man ever understand anything anywhee and at anytime. . .Hope ou knmow that drugs have been discovered based on the evolutionary principle?. . .Pls show me any drug or anything of value that has ever helped humanity that has ever been discovered using the god did it hypothesis. . .

And by the way only a foo will believe insome idea created by his fellow humans as true, an idea that has never been put to use, tested or seen to be at work at anytime. . .So i will say it blatantly. . I fool says there is a god. . .
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by plaetton: 6:43am On Jul 23, 2013
Deep Sight:
To be further clear: I actually believe in evolution. There must have been evolution of some sort. However I do not believe that it was blind or unguided. I believe in an evolutionary universe and an evolutionary process guided by a definite and intelligent hand.

[/b][/size]

You believe in evolution. As a matter of faith or do you have any solid grounds to believe that everything, including biological systems, evolve?
Upon what solid grounds do you believe in evolution? when did it start, when does it end,if at all,what are the processes?
If you cannot answer any of the above, then it's quite obvious that your belief in evolution if grounded faith and zero or fragmented knowledge.
If so, you need to do a lot of homework .

To say that you do not believe that it was unguided or blind is soooooo laughable that I honestly don't know what next to say to you.
Let me guess, it was guided by the invisible hand of hoki poki, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or by Santa Clause, that's it.
That't how ridiculous you sound. That kind of hokus pokus has no place in a debate on science, fore the simple reason that that invisible hand so proposed by you is a figment of your imagination. It does not even qualify as a theory because it is ground by nothing but a need fill the gap.

Why would a conscious immaterial omni omni being be guiding the very slow and error prone process of evolution when he could just snap his divine fingers, and in six days, viola! we have the universe, the stars, the earth and all living forms, including his perfect crown jewel, homo sapiens?

Wait o, methinks this last great scenario is already in wide circulation among the religilous.

Bottom line, if you have no iota of scientific proof, no iota of scientific evidence for your definite and intelligent hand, then it's quite mute to propose such.

Deep Sight:

The reasons are reduced to these very simple posers:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posers on the Big B.ang:

1. The Theory of the Big B.ang proceeds with an expansion from the point of a singularity. It does not, and cannot, address whence the singularity derives from, or why it exists at all. It does not address the question: why something instead of nothing.

2. The Theory of the Big B.ang offers no answers as to what exactly triggered the expansion from the singularity: the question as to why that event occurred is not addressed at all.

3. The Theory of the Big B.ang asserts that space began to exist with the expansion from the singularity. This fails to address the question: into what is the universe expanding, if not already existent space?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/b][/size]

1. The theory of evolution cannot address whence the singularity derives from or why it exists at all because no one knows or presumes to know. No need to fill in the gap just for the sake of filling in the gaps. Sure, it would be nice to know, but no one knows.
So? We may some day or we might not know.
Should we make it up as we go?

Same is often put to you about your invisible conscious being. From whence does it derive and why does it need to exists in the first place?
Whatever can be true for the invisible omni omni omniness can also be true for the singularity of scientific thinking.

2. Again, no one knows for sure, but the right questions are being asked , and some day, we might arrive at answers.
So what?
Am sorry, but asking atheists why an event such as the big occurred in the first place is well below your league. These are the kind of questions one expects from curious little children, not informed adults.

3. I am not aware of any proponent of the BB theory saying that space began to exist at any certain point. I dont know where you got that from and why you think it is of any relevance in this discussion.

Deep Sight:

1. The Theory of Evolution does not account for first life. The origin of first life remains unknown. It is often repeated that the Theory of Evolution is not meant to address first life at all. That is understood: however - if that is the case, then the Theory of Evolution is not an explanation for life in the first place. It is absurd to try to explain the existence of life with a Theory which does not touch on the origin of life at all.

2. Since the Theory of Evolution does not explain first life, it is and remains inchoate as far as explaining our existence is concerned: for it leaves a huge gap in the overall story: to wit: the origin of life.

3. Assuming that bare matter somehow, miraculously, unguided and magically combined, and brought a living thing into existence - the first unicellular living thing/s: the principles of evolution do not account for the diversification into less successful multicellular living things. This is because evolutionary impetus works towards the extinction of less successful organisms and the propagation of more successful organisms. As such, unicellular organisms being the most successful organisms at all times, would simply and logically lack any evolutionary impetus for evolution into less successful multi-cellular organisms.

4. Assuming again, that notwithstanding the foregoing, multicellular organisms came to exist by some improbable evolutionary quirk. There remains the question of how such organisms would develop towards consciousness - with attributes such as optical, olfactory, auditory senses and senses of taste, and the like. Not to speak of the capacity for thought - and very advanced thought.

5. The faculties observed in an advanced creature such as man far exceed that which would develop based on any evolutionary explanation whatsoever. The capacities for such abstractions as advanced mathematics, philosophy, music and literature are not faculties for which any evolutionary impetus can be discerned. Man existing in a state of nature has no natural or biological need for such faculties: no need that can be explained with reference to the natural environment and the survivalist pressures it places on man.

6. The senses of conscious beings such as ourselves evince the sensory organs as tools serving a being, and not tools forming a being.

In simple terms, evolution as you read it would start with a unicellular organism, which, in reproduction, produces more complex organisms: as such: the physical matter itself which forms the organism is what the organism is, and nothing more. Basic logic denies this: for if the eventual result in advanced creatures such as us, leads to the formation of senses such as sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell, then these are faculties which a being requires to sense its environment, and not faculties existing purposelessly in a void and serving nothing but their own existence - which is what strict evolutionary logic should infer. This leads us to see that we are beings: and not simply the agglomeration of physical parts: for which evolution would have had no need or impetus in the first place.

Who is reading these words? Your eyes? Your brain? Or you? Where is that you. In your eyes? In your brain? Why is that you interested in these words? Is the brain a creature by itself that has these sorts of hobbies and interests for its own exclusive pleasure. Or is it not rather true that it is you, the complete integrated being, that uses these tools to sense and apprehend the world about it?

[/b][/size]

1. Aboigenesis accounts, in broadest form, for what may have been the first processes that produced the first living form.
The exact complex details and the millions of intermediate processes are little known , but continue to be studied.
The rest of your ramblings are meaningless.

2. Again, we have a general idea of how the first life may have begun. It also could have begun in similar or different processes in a far away galaxy billions and billions of years ago.
If you know the exact origin of life, the human race is very eager to hear it. But no fairy tales please.

3. Did I hear you say mere matter?
mere matter as opposed to what else? Is there anything else in the universe? Is everything in the universe not made of this "mere matter"?
Pray tell, what do you know that is comparable in any way to "mere matter?
Am sensing complex ignorance on display here.

4. If an organic molecule can self-replicate and then begin to store and catalogue it's replicating data on another molecule, believe me, anything is very possible over billions of years.
If you can be here today, unguided, writing for strangers in an online forum, something that your parents never ever envisage on the day your were born, then any complex arrangement of form and function is possible over any given length of time.
I hope you get the gist.

5. Again you conveniently forget that it took man a great length of time to discover fire, to cultivate crops, to develop language and abstract thought, to embrace philosophy, to understand mathematics. The very same process of evolution. The mind of man is continously evolving.
Infact, the brain has only evolved to use just 10% of our mental capacity.
Again, when man achieved the threshold of consciousness,what I assume to be a quantum mechanical process, My own notion is that the brain gained access to other spheres of energy beyond it's immediate environment , or in other dimensions. This called quantum entanglement.
If am correct, then higher reasoning, music and other abstract things would not be a surprising thing.

The problem with your thinking , my dear friend, is that you and people like you have long sought to maintain neat and tidy dialectical divisions of “materialism” and “idealism” , "mind" and the "physical medium", in standard metaphysics and epistemology.
In this new era of quantum mechanics, that division may no longer be feasable.
There exists an interface and a kind of feedback mechanism between the two, and some aspects of scientific inquiry seem to suggest this.

As for the rest of your posers, they are not really posers per se. They are just questions that anyone who has read or studied a little bit of evolutionary science should easily deal with.
I see nothing that particularly stands out that needs any detailed explanation that a book in a public library cannot address.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:
Speaking in tongues, spiritual manifestations, after life?
You are kidding right?

I hope you are not expecting a rebuttal from me.
Sorry, I cannot.
Your thoughts are like anti-matter to my thoughts.
Our minds do not operate in the same universe.
Sorry.
good good.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by ooman(m): 7:34am On Jul 23, 2013
davidylan:

The miller-Urey experiment has been thoroughly debunked. It is interesting that serious biologists have condemned it to the thrash can of fantasy while ignorant "pseudo-scientists" bandy it around like some trophy.

The urey-miller experiment showed that preDNA can form spontaneously, this is why its important. Its as simple as that. When will you grasp that?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 23, 2013
mazaje:

My atheism is not based on the big bang or evolution. . .God and Gods as presented or portrayed by all religions are man made as such they do not exist in reality. God and Gods remain ideas humans invented and use to explain things away, organize their society and to give them some spiritual meaning in life. I do not believe in evolution or big bang as factual events, i see them as plausible explanations and my atheism does not depend on them. . .
then you know nothing about christianity(which is more than a religion btw)
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by ooman(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2013
FearGodAndLive:

if the purpose that you think your life has is based on a god, then there is a huge problem with you. My life is got only the purpose I give.

And I wonder why god should be uncreated only to create me..
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by ooman(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2013
Chibuebem: then you know nothing about christianity(which is more than a religion btw)

why dont you tell us what xtianity is. I was a xtian btw, so dont feel too high.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 23, 2013
ooman:

why dont you tell us what xtianity is. I was a xtian btw, so dont feel too high.
i dont think you were a christian sir. I think you were simply a religious person. The only person i suspect was a christian is muskeeto. Religion is very bad. It makes people think christianity is a ritualistic following of a set of rules, I was in that deep trench when God found me. Yes being a Christian is being born again by the POWER of the holy spirit. Its God searching for man, not man inventing a God. Yes sir, the reason i am undaunted is that i KNOW THIS GOD THROUGH CHRIST, AND I HAVE HIS FRUITS AND MANIFESTATIONS IN my life. The beauty of fellowship with a living, loving and powerful God. Thats christianity. By following a set of laid down rules, one can never know God, infact, one can be pushed away from God. God is good. The good news is that Jesus took away our sins, wherever u are, in whatever religion or non-religion, we quickly realize that we are in the bondage of sin, and that religion cant take it away and reunite us to God. Jesus has done that. Once we accept his gift of righteousness and salvation, we're saved and begin to truly KNOW GOD.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by ooman(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2013
Chibuebem: i dont think you were a christian sir. I think you were simply a religious person. The only person i suspect was a christian is muskeeto. Religion is very bad. It makes people think christianity is a ritualistic following of a set of rules, I was in that deep trench when God found me. Yes being a Christian is being born again by the POWER of the holy spirit. Its God searching for man, not man inventing a God. Yes sir, the reason i am undaunted is that i KNOW THIS GOD THROUGH CHRIST, AND I HAVE HIS FRUITS AND MANIFESTATIONS IN my life. The beauty of fellowship with a living, loving and powerful God. Thats christianity. By following a set of laid down rules, one can never know God, infact, one can be pushed away from God. God is good. The good news is that Jesus took away our sins, wherever u are, in whatever religion or non-religion, we quickly realize that we are in the bondage of sin, and that religion cant take it away and reunite us to God. Jesus has done that. Once we accept his gift of righteousness and salvation, we're saved and begin to truly KNOW GOD.

by Jesus, you mean the white man who was killed for his defiance against the authority? you worship a white man as your savior? now that's pathetic ..

if I may ask, exactly why do you feel the need to be saved, from what are you saved? and does thinking you are saved stop you from sinning?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2013
@ deep sight, what do you mean when you say that unicellular organisms are more successful than multicellular ones?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2013
ooman:

by Jesus, you mean the white man who was killed for his defiance against the authority? you worship a white man as your savior? now that's pathetic ..

if I may ask, exactly why do you feel the need to be saved, from what are you saved? and does thinking you are saved stop you from sinning?
see sir? Now you bring up more excuses. I know God and worship him in spirit. Jesus is alive, and we do not know him according to the flesh anymore. We know him as the alive and powerful son of God. Not a white man. Is it not pathetic that you're a racist sir? I dont think i'm saved, i know i'm saved from sin. Yes, sin. This is mans problem. The inability to get above the desires of his flesh and mind. This is the fundamental problem of humanity. We need salvation from the passions of the corrupt flesh, its appetites, and physical desires, and the corrupt mind, with his huge ego, his selfishness and self-consciousness.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2013
Chibuebem: see sir? Now you bring up more excuses. I know God and worship him in spirit. Jesus is alive, and we do not know him according to the flesh anymore. We know him as the alive and powerful son of God. Not a white man. Is it not pathetic that you're a racist sir? I dont think i'm saved, i know i'm saved from sin. Yes, sin. This is mans problem. The inability to get above the desires of his flesh and mind. This is the fundamental problem of humanity. We need salvation from the passions of the corrupt flesh, its appetites, and physical desires, and the corrupt mind, with his huge ego, his selfishness and self-consciousness.

Is that what you were told or did you come up with these all by yourself?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by noblefada: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:
Yeah, I suppose the Flying spaghetti monster they told you about in your bible school science.
Nope I was talking about using scientific methods to prove the existence of a divine being. HAVE U HEARD OF THE TORAH CODES?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Is that what you were told or did you come up with these all by yourself?
its what i learned from Gods word. I know God, and he teaches me his word.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by noblefada: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:
Yeah, I suppose the Flying spaghetti monster they told you about in your bible school science.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by noblefada: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2013
plaetton:
Nope I was talking about using scientific methods to prove the existence of a divine being. HAVE U HEARD OF THE TORAH CODES?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by ooman(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2013
noblefada:

there is torah code now?? what I know is the bible code that failed wholly, there is no future for this new torah code of yours.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2013
Chibuebem: its what i learned from Gods word. I know God, and he teaches me his word.

So someone else told you then?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by mkmyers45(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2013
davidylan:

Please...Please...Please show me a proper peer-reviewed article that rubbishes this experiment.....We all know that the results of the experiment were later improved and more accurate findings reached but please show me where it was rubbished
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

So someone else told you then?
smh. God did.
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2013
Chibuebem: smh. God did.

when?
Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by wiegraf: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
davidylan:

If you dont know, its ok to say so. All Deepsight asked is that you defend your "scientific" position and all you have offered is needless waffling. Shame.

Considering you have absolutely no idea as to what evidence is, I highly doubt you have the needed expertise to offer judgment on what qualifies as 'needless waffling' or even more importantly, what qualifies as 'scientific'. Non at all. No, really, please explain; what sort of scientist goes around saying there's NO evidence for evolution?

You re.tard

Random; His point in that post is very, very simple; what does this have to do with atheistic stance? Mazaje isn't an atheist, no? So, why all the glee when chasing your 'pseudo' scientists my good quack? Or do you, my good scientist?!!, have a solution as to what's responsible for speciation, life etc?

Wait...

Let me guess....

GOD DID IT!!!

A scientist claiming god did it.. Left to your ilk spirits would still be responsible for cattargh.. You're a disgrace.... You should be lynched if found anywhere near a lab...... Really, wtf are you even doing near one? You clearly aren't seeking answers but have one ready made by your jewish slave mastahs, so why are you near a lab rather than a church?

2 Likes

Re: Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? by wiegraf: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
davidylan:

This makes no sense. Amoeba... is unipolar, it has remained so for billions of years. Why hasnt it evolved into a polar organism as you claim?

Since man was made from sand, and sand has remained sand for billions of years, why hasn't it become human as well?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo / Why We Can’t Jump To Conclusions About Rape Allegations Against Fatoyinbo —CAN / Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.