Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital (1924 Views)

Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / Advice On Studying In Malta And Belize / Malta And Uk Visa Guaranteed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital by desiree(f): 2:57pm On May 25, 2006
Destination Malta->help Anyone?

Has anyone being to Malta especially the Capital Valletta
Is English widely spoken there
What about Birkirkara??
Do you know any Maltese and how open are they to foreigners??
The weather?? (Proximity to Mediterranean sea is a dead give away)

I want personal account from someone who has been there or knows someone who is a Maltese. I'm planning a surprise trip for my friends and would like to know more than what the tourist shop and website indicates, none of those PR/sales information.

Thks kiss
Re: Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital by Seun(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2006
> Has anyone being to Malta especially the Capital Valletta
I haven't been there, but i should be able to answer your questions.

>Is English widely spoken there
The official languages of Malta are Maltese and English - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta

>What about Birkirkara??
It's their largest city.

>Do you know any Maltese and how open are they to foreigners??
Nope. No idea.

>The weather?? (Proximity to Mediterranean sea is a dead give away)
I talk say I no trafel reech di place. haba!

You will find this useful: www.travel-library.com/travelogues/europe/malta/
Re: Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital by desiree(f): 11:04am On Jun 05, 2006
Thanks seun atleast you tried, i no say u never reach there b4 grin grin but your help is appreciated.
Re: Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital by ijebuman(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2006
Was there in Dec 03
Everyone speaks English (it used to be a british colony). The economy is tourist based so they are very friendly to tourists

Valletta is a great historic city with beautiful cobbled streets. Birkirkara is ok i didn't really spend much time there as i got tired of seeing old churches (they are so many of them smiley).

But make sure you visit goma island to see the Azure window, Its breath taking

If you have some time on your hands you can also squeeze in a trip to Sicily (italy) to see Mount etna. Sicily is about 2 hours away by ferry and many companies offer day trips from Malta

Pics from malta
http://www.femi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/malta.html

Re: Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital by desiree(f): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2006
@ijebuman

Thanks a million for your help, hah!!! great, everyone speaks English, it only means that I don't have to learn any new words.
I doubt if my friends would be interested in the old churches in birkirkara, we are strickly going there for the Sun and Fun!!! cheesy
Re: Questions About Malta And Valletta, Its Capital by ijebuman(m): 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2006
desiree:

@ijebuman

Thanks a million for your help, hah!!! great, everyone speaks English, it only means that I don't have to learn any new words.
I doubt if my friends would be interested in the old churches in birkirkara, we are strickly going there for the Sun and Fun!!! cheesy

you'll definitely get a lot of sun smiley

(1) (Reply)

See Waterfall Restaurant In Philippines / My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) / This Is Owerri (aerial Views)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.