Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. (1240 Views)

I Need Accomodation In Calabar Near UCTH Urgently, A New Intern, Please Help / Help! We Need Accomodation In Seychelles! Best Prices Pls! / Price Of Hotel Accomodation In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2013
MY SIS RETURNED TO NIGERIA 5YRS AGO COS OUR DAD WAS SICK.SHE DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE OUR DAD TILL WE LOST HIM LAST YEAR. SINCE THEN LIFE HAS BEEN MISERABLE. SHE WANT TO RETURN BUT COULDNT COS SHE LOST HER CONTACTS. SHE IS SAD AND DEPRESSED DOING NOTHING.PLS SHE NEEDS TO RETURN TO THE USA,ANY GOOD STATE. PLS CAN ANYONE SUGGEST TEMPORARY ACCOMODATION FOR HER FOR FEW MONTHS SO SHE CAN START LIFE OVER PLLLLLSSSSSSSS!!!
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by bis7(f): 11:24am On Jul 22, 2013
So you are asking this on Nairaland? why dont you search for "Free Accomodation in the Usa" on google or check free accomodation section on backpage.com or better still book cheap hostel online
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us: MY SIS RETURNED TO NIGERIA 5YRS AGO COS OUR DAD WAS SICK.SHE DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE OUR DAD TILL WE LOST HIM LAST YEAR. SINCE THEN LIFE HAS BEEN MISERABLE. SHE WANT TO RETURN BUT COULDNT COS SHE LOST HER CONTACTS. SHE IS SAD AND DEPRESSED DOING NOTHING.PLS SHE NEEDS TO RETURN TO THE USA,ANY GOOD STATE. PLS CAN ANYONE SUGGEST TEMPORARY ACCOMODATION FOR HER FOR FEW MONTHS SO SHE CAN START LIFE OVER PLLLLLSSSSSSSS!!!

Is your sister a US citizen?
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
@JUSTWISE-SHE IS A US CITIZEN
@BIZ7- I HAVE TRIED ACCOMMODATION IN USA ON GOOGLE,TRIED FREE SHELTER FOR HOMELESS CITIZENS BUT MOST MAILS WERE NEVER REPLIED.ONLY ONE REPLY SAID THERE PLACE IS FULL FOR NOW AND IT WILL BE DIFFICULT TO GET A PLACE SINCE SHE IS STILL IN NIGERIA COS NIGERIANS ARE SCAMMERS!
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us: @JUSTWISE-SHE IS A US CITIZEN

Why not approach US embassy for assistant?
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
THE US EMBASSY IS GIVING HER A LOAN TO RETURN BACK COS SINCE WE LOST OUR DAD,WE AV BEEN ON OUR OWN BUT THE EMBASSY SAID THEY CANT HELP WITH ACCOMMODATION.THEY AV BEEN EXPECTING HER TO COME FOR THE LOAN BUT I ADVICE WE GET A PLACE SHE WILL BE HEADING FOR FROM HERE FIRST,BUT SO FAR NOTHING YET.AM SCARED OF NIGERIANS,GUYS ESPECIALLY COS THEY ARE DESPERATE O GETTING A US-STAY BY ANY MEANS.I DONT WANT HER DUPED BUT WHAT CAN WE DO?
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by bis7(f): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
Just be patient i will search some genuine site for you and send you the link, but with the way you are posting looks like yr too despirate even i doubt if you hav the flight fare back to the US if u for real.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by bis7(f): 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
yr sister can marry a nigerian guy na who can help sponsor her trip back and with some cash..if i were in your sister shoe i will never be in this kind of situation.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
How old is your sister and what states is she trying to come too?
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by justwise(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
bis7: yr sister can marry a nigerian guy na who can help sponsor her trip back and with some cash..if i were in your sister shoe i will never be in this kind of situation.

How will that solve the prob? Marry a Nigerian guy for wrong reasons, if she fall inlove genuinely then good but to marry for money is just wrong
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us: THE US EMBASSY IS GIVING HER A LOAN TO RETURN BACK COS SINCE WE LOST OUR DAD,WE AV BEEN ON OUR OWN BUT THE EMBASSY SAID THEY CANT HELP WITH ACCOMMODATION.THEY AV BEEN EXPECTING HER TO COME FOR THE LOAN BUT I ADVICE WE GET A PLACE SHE WILL BE HEADING FOR FROM HERE FIRST,BUT SO FAR NOTHING YET.AM SCARED OF NIGERIANS,GUYS ESPECIALLY COS THEY ARE DESPERATE O GETTING A US-STAY BY ANY MEANS.I DONT WANT HER DUPED BUT WHAT CAN WE DO?

Get the loan from the embassy and book for cheap hotel accommodation, since she is not new in US she will be able to sort herself out when she gets there. Don't push her into doing something stupid, since the embassy is ready to help financially then let her get the money and book for an accommodation
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
bis7: Just be patient i will search some genuine site for you and send you the link, but with the way you are posting looks like yr too despirate even i doubt if you hav the flight fare back to the US if u for real.
if u are willin to help wit a link,pls do.no insults. the people at the embassy are not fools!they wont give a loan to a false citizen.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by 25omega(m): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
bis7: yr sister can marry a nigerian guy na who can help sponsor her trip back and with some cash..if i were in your sister shoe i will never be in this kind of situation.
what sort of advice is this? you are basically telling her to prostitute herself for sponsorship

poster

if your sister is a citizen as you say (not doubting you) then she has to know how to "work" the system. everyone knows that you can go apply for welfare and even get temporary housing in a women's shelter. Of course i know she might not want to stay in a shelter but this is the fastest way of not necessarily depending on anyone. Also what did your sister do for a living before she went to Nigeria? and what city did she live in before she moved back. If you give more details i can help you find good info to use.

oh by the way depending on how young your sister is she can use this service https://www.couchsurfing.org/. you can travel and crash on people's couches or homes for a short time. If your sister is a skilled worker with job skills she would get a job quick and bounce before she wears out her welcome.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
How old is your sister and what states is she trying to come too?
thank you. she is 30. we dont have a state in mind. just a place where she can get a good job easily and move on immediately. pls we would prefer she stays wit a woman(a mother) with grown up children or a single lady like herself.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
25omega: what sort of advice is this? you are basically telling her to prostitute herself for sponsorship

poster

if your sister is a citizen as you say (not doubting you) then she has to know how to "work" the system. everyone knows that you can go apply for welfare and even get temporary housing in a women's shelter. Of course i know she might not want to stay in a shelter but this is the fastest way of not necessarily depending on anyone. Also what did your sister do for a living before she went to Nigeria? and what city did she live in before she moved back. If you give more details i can help you find good info to use.

oh by the way depending on how young your sister is she can use this service https://www.couchsurfing.org/. you can travel and crash on people's couches or homes for a short time. If your sister is a skilled worker with job skills she would get a job quick and bounce before she wears out her welcome.
thank u. she is 30. she lived in maryland.she had a live-in job. she is not a skilled worker yet,she intended to further in school before she had to hurry back. most of the homeshelter are filled while some said they cant attend to a citizeun far away until she comes to usa. my challenge is-where will she go from the airport and be recieve immediately for some months.GOD WILL HELP US I KNOW BUT ITS GOING TO BE THROUGH SOMEONE...
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
justwise:

Get the loan from the embassy and book for cheap hotel accommodation, since she is not new in US she will be able to sort herself out when she gets there. Don't push her into doing something stupid, since the embassy is ready to help financially then let her get the money and book for an accommodation
will the embassy give her loan for ticket and hotel accommodation and feeding for a month/2months?do u know the interest rate and how long she will be given to repay the loan?
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by 25omega(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us:
thank u. she is 30. she lived in maryland. she had a live-in job.
Since she is 30 then she should def look into the couchsurfing thing. Sorry i dont know what a live-in job is can you explain? one thing she can do while in Nigeria is to start looking for a job on craig's list that way if she finds someone to help her she can show that she is hard working and has initiative and drive to get her ish together quick. This way they wont think she is a free loader. Also reach out to the church in the community she lived in and she could possibly find someone to host her there.

I wish your sis was the one explaining herself because it's hard to get full details and it almost seems like she can't do for herself. The main thing anyone reading this will be afraid of is if she has the drive to get her stuff together since you are speaking for her.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by 25omega(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us:
thank u. she is 30. she lived in maryland.she had a live-in job. she is not a skilled worker yet,she intended to further in school before she had to hurry back. most of the homeshelter are filled while some said they cant attend to a citizeun far away until she comes to usa. my challenge is-where will she go from the airport and be recieve immediately for some months.GOD WILL HELP US I KNOW BUT ITS GOING TO BE THROUGH SOMEONE...
ok from what you just wrote, then NYC should be her destination. The homeless shelters there will accept a person when ever they show up. they will give you 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep on also a locker to put your things in. They will also assign you a case worker to help apply for welfare and possibly find you housing. The welfare system in NYC will also try to get her training for work etc. Also i suggested NYC because of transportation is easier. She can hop on a train and go any where in the city with one fare. at least she should have $10 when she lands so she can buy a metro card to get to Franklin women's shelter in the Bronx.

This is one idea. One good thing she can also do in the Bronx is reach out to the RCCG church there. http://www.rccgchapelofrestoration.org/ They will help her out there. Actually do this first. send them an email they are very technologically savy in that church. hope this helps i will also ask my mother for you for more leads.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by justwise(m): 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us:
will the embassy give her loan for ticket and hotel accommodation and feeding for a month/2months?do u know the interest rate and how long she will be given to repay the loan?

Ask yourself that question not me, Nobody owns your sister any help, we all trying to help suggest possible way out, so don't sound as if its anybody's fault here.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
25omega: Since she is 30 then she should def look into the couchsurfing thing. Sorry i dont know what a live-in job is can you explain? one thing she can do while in Nigeria is to start looking for a job on craig's list that way if she finds someone to help her she can show that she is hard working and has initiative and drive to get her ish together quick. This way they wont think she is a free loader. Also reach out to the church in the community she lived in and she could possibly find someone to host her there.

I wish your sis was the one explaining herself because it's hard to get full details and it almost seems like she can't do for herself. The main thing anyone reading this will be afraid of is if she has the drive to get her stuff together since you are speaking for her.
thank you.u are very right.i wish i could go wit her to encourage her all the way. she has lost faith in herself.she just sits home when all her younger siblings have moved on wit life. am very sure she is tired of being idle for so long,we pray and believe God cos she is ready to move on wit her life. a live-in job like;taking care of the elderly or working at fast food. she did both at some times that i know. am explainin because she is not here wit me. she is home,am out.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
justwise:

Ask yourself that question not me, Nobody owns your sister any help, we all trying to help suggest possible way out, so don't sound as if its anybody's fault here.
u brought the suggestion and i only wanted to know if u had an idea of the cost?who know,it may be affordable.i know nobody owes me nothing by now if not i wont be here
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by 25omega(m): 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us:
thank you.u are very right.i wish i could go wit her to encourage her all the way. she has lost faith in herself.she just sits home when all her younger siblings have moved on wit life. am very sure she is tired of being idle for so long,we pray and believe God cos she is ready to move on wit her life. a live-in job like;taking care of the elderly or working at fast food. she did both at some times that i know
Well those jobs are plenty in NYC as long as she has her certification from which ever agency she worked with before. If she still has those papers, she might be able to skip the training they send the home health aides to. Seriously your sister would have to be ready to work hard because what she is about to undertake wont be easy. She is going to need to strive for more things other than the home health aide jobs and Mcdonalds jobs because those jobs don't pay enough to survive without welfare aide. if i get any more info i will share
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
25omega: ok from what you just wrote, then NYC should be her destination. The homeless shelters there will accept a person when ever they show up. they will give you 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep on also a locker to put your things in. They will also assign you a case worker to help apply for welfare and possibly find you housing. The welfare system in NYC will also try to get her training for work etc. Also i suggested NYC because of transportation is easier. She can hop on a train and go any where in the city with one fare. at least she should have $10 when she lands so she can buy a metro card to get to Franklin women's shelter in the Bronx.

This is one idea. One good thing she can also do in the Bronx is reach out to the RCCG church there. http://www.rccgchapelofrestoration.org/ They will help her out there. Actually do this first. send them an email they are very technologically savy in that church. hope this helps i will also ask my mother for you for more leads.
thank you very much.GOD will always send help your way. i ll work on this info. i really appreciate.thank you
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us:
thank you. she is 30. we dont have a state in mind. just a place where she can get a good job easily and move on immediately. pls we would prefer she stays wit a woman(a mother) with grown up children or a single lady like herself.

will she be able to at least pay a little bit of rent a month? i have a female Haitian friend here...that might be

interested....but she wont let her stay for free though....maybe for a month or something...more details please...if she

can pay a little bit of rent per month...my friend will take her for sure....there are many grocery stores where she

stays...so ur sis will be able to start earning income fairly quickly...
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
aanu2002us:
thank you very much.GOD will always send help your way. i ll work on this info. i really appreciate.thank you

I would not go the homeless shelter route at all...
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by Godson201333(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2013

Her sister should marry a Nigeria Guy just because she needs help,You sound like a bitch.
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by aanu2002us: 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I would not go the homeless shelter route at all...
AM NOT SURE SHE CAN AFFORD TO PAY RENT FOR NOW
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 23, 2013
aanu2002us:
AM NOT SURE SHE CAN AFFORD TO PAY RENT FOR NOW

doing the homeless shelter things is gonna be very rough....but anything is better than staying in Nigeria so she should

go for it....can she do about 100 dollars a month for about 3 months? thats like 45,000 dollars...if she can do that..then

ill ask my friend and see what she says..
Re: Pls Help!i Need Accomodation In Usa. by souleymon(m): 1:50am On Jul 23, 2013
he said pay rent in a month's time.if she has certification from live in jobs, let her start applying for positions before moving down.

it's abit weird though, how long was she in the states before traveling down to Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man Who Has Stepped Foot To Every Country On Earth Without Plane / The World’s Quietest Place. ‘anechoic Chamber’ / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.