Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? (1757 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Gabry(f): 5:08am On May 26, 2008
Hey all, I was just wondering about something. I am a Malaysian and I have a Nigerian Boyfriend. According to him, it is very difficult for a Foreigner to get into Nigeria. He told me that if I were to get in, I have to be engage to him first and than it will be easier to get into the country. is that true? And how about tourist?
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Frando29(m): 9:28am On May 26, 2008
@poster,

You can always apply for visa to travel to Nigeria on the grounds of tourism. But you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you have the financial capacity to undertake the journey. You also need to mention the hotel you intend to stay and places you wish to visit when you get to Ngeria. Better still you can go to the Nigerian consulate in Kuala Lumpur and find out other details not mentioned here. Good luck!
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by babycool(f): 11:56am On May 26, 2008
@ Poster,

I am sorry to tell you this, your boyfriend is not telling the truth, Nigeria welcomes all foreigners, you dont need to be engaged to come to Nigeria, If you have enough cash, all you need to do is to apply for a tourist visa, he might as well send you an invitation from Nigeria, period!
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Gabry(f): 4:50am On May 27, 2008
Hey Siena, No he wants me to come to Nigeria. He even collected money for it and he say that we are going next month but he says that its better for me to get engage to him so that his family wont have doubts and the immigration will let me pass easily so I dont know. I find that strange,
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 6:23am On May 27, 2008
gabrywyl:

Hey Siena, No he wants me to come to Nigeria. He even collected money for it and he say that we are going next month but he says that its better for me to get engage to him so that his family wont have doubts and the immigration will let me pass easily so I don't know. I find that strange,

Hey, where in malaysia are u? Kl, sunway nilai? How can ur bf collect money from you to travel to Nigeria? shocked. But, i must tell u, its very hard to get visas to Nigeria. Nigerian embassies dont allow any tourist/foreigner into Nigeria unless it is very important, About getting engaged hummm i dont believe that but you have to show good reasons why you are going to nigeria. I have seen 3 foreigners that applied for Nigerian Tourist visit and they were refused without reasons. If you wanna go to Nigeria, you have to apply for visas that you want to visit places like Calabar, Abuja, Nigerian consulars have reasons to refused foreigners visas who wanna visit some certain places in Nigeria, Dont let ur Bf ripp u off over going to Nigeria, Bless u for appreciating Nigeria
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Gabry(f): 6:31am On May 27, 2008
Hey there, No. I come from Labuan Island, Malaysia. Well, my boyfriend is studying in Malaysia and usually we both would collect money to go travel. Yes, I actually think tha Nigeria is a very nice country to visit as a tourist and also the people are really nice.  smiley Thanks for the advise.
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by kenflipper(m): 8:02am On May 27, 2008
Your Boy Friend is right and wrong. firstly if you apply for the visa unilaterally your chances of getting it is 20%, because malaysian airport immigration have a strain in relationship with the consular affairs of Nigeria consulate in KL, it is somewhat reciprocated. You will get it unilaterally if you are been sponsored by a reputable firm in Malaysia with a clear purpose of your trip.
However, if you go with your boyfriend to the embassy in KL you would get it at a stroke no questions asked. But! your boy friend would be required to confirm you're his girlfriend and that he will be responsible for your upkeep no documents would be required just your international passport and 2 photographs. The receptionist at the embassy is a Malaysian lady, call your country's information request number for the embassy's number and call her for further information remember to speak malayo for a more friendly outcome, she is nice tho!
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Gabry(f): 8:05am On May 27, 2008
Oh wow! Really? I have a feeling you've been through this have you?

Thanks alot for your help. smiley
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 9:50am On May 27, 2008
kenflipper:

Your Boy Friend is right and wrong. firstly if you apply for the visa unilaterally your chances of getting it is 20%, because malaysian airport immigration have a strain in relationship with the consular affairs of Nigeria consulate in KL, it is somewhat reciprocated. You will get it unilaterally if you are been sponsored by a reputable firm in Malaysia with a clear purpose of your trip.
However, if you go with your boyfriend to the embassy in KL you would get it at a stroke no questions asked. But! your boy friend would be required to confirm you're his girlfriend and that he will be responsible for your upkeep no documents would be required just your international passport and 2 photographs. The receptionist at the embassy is a Malaysian lady, call your country's information request number for the embassy's number and call her for further information remember to speak malayo for a more friendly outcome, she is nice tho!

Yeah u r write,

@ poster.

i wish u lucks for your visa. I can help u with the receptionist number at the embassy,

takecare
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Gabry(f): 8:40am On Jun 03, 2008
Oh Thanks so much and sorry for the late reply. I got lost out of nowhere. smiley
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Sandra2000: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2008
Yes of course you can always visit nigeria but you need a Visa down to that place and i would advance anyone who needs a visa to nigeria to apply directly from our embassy becos there are funny games for naija visa's this days
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by favococo(f): 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2008
heeeeeeey all smiley
am about to visit nigeria also hope it is not difficult like that

and goooood luck for u gabrywyl wink

hope ur bf can get u there soon if u really like to go,
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by adebisi1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2008
gabrywyl

Am sorry i think your boyfriend is afraid to get that eye to Nigeria  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by favococo(f): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2008
baby ADEBISI

come on why re u talking like this pls don t say like this sorry @gabywy for my bf undecided

good luck for u!
Re: Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? by Gabry(f): 6:39am On Jun 08, 2008
Hey all,

Yes, my boyfriend and I are going next in September and everything has been confirmed. smiley

Thanks guys.

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Friend From Oman Visit Me In Nigeria? / Your Facebook Posts May Get Your US Visa Application Denied / How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.