Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,492 members, 7,958,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:49 PM

My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows (1754 Views)

Ghenghen! IPOB Asks Igbo To Stop Eating Fulani Cows / Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters / Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by bilms(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2013
MY FARM HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY FULANI COWS. It is almost 2years now that i decided to own a farm,where cassava,yam and other farm produce will be produced. I invested some little funds as a beginer to understand the agricultural business before going big and everything move as planned. One of my reasons to start a farm is to be able to acquire practical knowledge about agro business and educate others to take the path as a means of creating employment and empowerment. Having succesfully started the farm and kept in custody of an helper who reside not too far away from the farm,i was expecting to complete my pilot scheme in this second year to determine what next to do. But it was a suprise to get to the farm over the weekend after receiving a call from the helper and meet all the farm destroyed by animals (cows). According to the helper in charge, some Fulani men directed their multitude of cows into the farm and destroyed the whole thing. No wonder their is always crisis involving Fulani herdsmen.

2 Likes

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Jakumo(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2013
Crop destruction by cattle herds is the spark that has already ignited many a mass-murder accross Nigeria in general, but along the northern reaches of southern Nigeria where tropical rain forest gives way to parched savannah grassland.

Global warming, coupled with the inexorable southward expansion of the Sahara Desert, have progressively obliterated increasing swathes of grassland in northern Nigeria and much of sub-Saharan Africa. Those communally accessed pastures often straddled national borders, and had been grazed by vast cattle herds driven by Fulani herdsmen for generations.

As a consequence of the vanishing northern pastures, there has ensued a southward migration of Fulani herdsmen, their cattle and their families, into the densely-populated and heavily cultivated fertile southlands of Nigeria and her neighbours. The result of this invasion has been conflict between migrating cattle herders on one hand, and on the other, enraged farmers whose crops are gobbled up by hungry cattle that often invade ripe crop fields in the dead of night.

There have been shootings and killings on both sides of this climate-induced confrontation, so tread carefully as you consider your options to address the menace of the marauding cows and their blood-thirsty owners.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2013
My broda i know how painful it is to watch your efforts flushed down the drain by an ignoramus - but abeg let them pass u hear?

those people are the devil you see practically! they have no qualms in sticking a daga into your stomach when it comes to issues pertaining to their cow!

Its better to be alive and replant your cassava than to be dead - killed by one illiterate herdsman that has no respect for human life!

1 Like

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by yemi2plus(m): 9:49am On Jul 23, 2013
greateros: My broda i know how painful it is to watch your efforts flushed down the drain by an ignoramus - but abeg let them pass u hear?

those people are the devil you see practically! they have no qualms in sticking a daga into your stomach when it comes to issues pertaining to their cow!

Its better to be alive and replant your cassava than to be dead - killed by one illiterate herdsman that has no respect for human life!

an average Nigerian man mentality. Live everything for God. Too bad
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Redoil: 9:53am On Jul 23, 2013
@ops sorry for ur loss i once saw such thing in ogun state right inside someone else corn plantation.
And this are the type of pupil that want to rule nigeria by power by fire.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Redoil: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2013
yemi2plus2:
next time give ur own advice and leave.
More than ten thousand people have being killed by such people and the northan elders saw nothing wrong with it.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2013
It is for reasons like this that I believe that the Fulanis must be made to adopt the ranch system.

I remember a documentary I once watched on the evolution of the modern Texas cattle ranchers. 19th century America had cowboys who roamed the Texas plains, causing untold damage to crops and farmland. This went on unabated until a new, cost-effective way to fence farmland (the barbed-wire) was invented. The barbed wire helped farmers to fence large expanses of farmland around at minimal cost, thereby safeguarding their crops and keeping off the cowboys and their cattle. Only with this restraint were the cowboys forced to evolve, and develop the famous ranch system we know today.

Check out the links below for more details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbed_wire

http://inventors.about.com/od/bstartinventions/a/BarbedWire.htm

http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/barbed-wire/

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/barbwire.htm

So, maybe it's high time Nigerian farmers embraced this cost-effective invention. Help yourselves, if the government won't help you.

2 Likes

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by 0monnak0da: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2013
What is a Fulani Cow?
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2013
yemi2plus2:

I don't blame you cause i guess you don't know how brutal these fulani herdsmen are!

In Abuja here, do u know how many drivers they have stabbed to death because they hit their cattle? and the worst is, you will be driving and they will suddenly cross the road with their herds of cattle - not caring if any vehicle is approaching! Satan punish you if you are on top speed at the time - you will be left with 2 options - either to hit their cow or swerve off the road and go into somersault - either way, you are dead or badly injured!

Ask about their activities in kubwa road,airport road, gwagwalada road and lokoja - abuja roads!

They so enjoy killing! i don't know why the authorities still allow them to carry that their deadly sword even when they are in town! They should be restricted to carry it only when they are in their jungle!

1 Like

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by bilms(m): 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
Omo?
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
It is called one nigeria. A zoo where injustice prevails. You one nigerianist will continue to suffer until you take concrete steps to break away from that zoological republic of nigeria. I do not mean coming to nairaland to shout "divide this country" ati bebelo. No. Join secessionist movements and demand for your God given right, the right to self determination. But until then, keep enjoying the one nigeria your fathers fought for. As for we biafrans, our train is already on the move. Our radio station broadcast everyday at 7pm london time via www.radiobiafra.co. Plans are in top gear to acquire a transmitter that will carry our signal to the nooks and cranny of the entire west africa so that our mothers, fathers and people in the remotest part of biafraland and beyond can get our signal through their transistor radio. Hopefully by september the transmitter will be acquired. Another step we took was to sue the FG to court. Once we don't get justice in nigeria court we will move the case to the international court in the hague. For more detail about the court case, please visit www.biliehumanrights.org. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by bilms(m): 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
this has nothing to do with Nigeria ooo..Fulai are every where..
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
bilms: this has nothing to do with Nigeria ooo..Fulai are every where..
read my edited post again. Who told you you can't send them parking?
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by bilms(m): 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
we dont need to send anyone parking..God created us together to coexist
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
bilms: we dont need to send anyone parking..God created us together to coexist
who told you that? Lord lugard?

1 Like

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by bilms(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
i guess Luagrd told the people in central Africa too? grin grin grin grin

wake up to the reality of life and save yourself the stress of confusion.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
bilms: i guess Luagrd told the people in central Africa too? grin grin grin grin

wake up to the reality of life and save yourself the stress of confusion.
you are ignorant of the law. So you are wiser than the soviet union, eritrea and ethiopia, east timor, south sudan and sudan, pakistan, bangladesh and india, kosovo, serbia and montenegro? We will leave you and your northern masters very soon.

1 Like

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Standing5(m): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
At least we know who is in charge in Nigeria
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by bilms(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
ignorant? lol....keep it up
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: It is called one nigeria. A zoo where injustice prevails. You one nigerianist will continue to suffer until you take concrete steps to break away from that zoological republic of nigeria. I do not mean coming to nairaland to shout "divide this country" ati bebelo. No. Join secessionist movements and demand for your God given right, the right to self determination. But until then, keep enjoying the one nigeria your fathers fought for. As for we biafrans, our train is already on the move. Our radio station broadcast everyday at 7pm london time via www.radiobiafra.co. Plans are in top gear to acquire a transmitter that will carry our signal to the nooks and cranny of the entire west africa so that our mothers, fathers and people in the remotest part of biafraland and beyond can get our signal through their transistor radio. Hopefully by september the transmitter will be acquired. Another step we took was to sue the FG to court. Once we don't get justice in nigeria court we will move the case to the international court in the hague. For more detail about the court case, please visit www.biliehumanrights.org. Thanks

"Ebuka! Ebuka!! Ebuka!!"
Please, quick, get me some kolanut.
There is a true Biafran here, we need to greet him properly"

2 Likes

Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by MrMcJay(m): 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: you are ignorant of the law. So you are wiser than the soviet union, eritrea and ethiopia, east timor, south sudan and sudan, pakistan, bangladesh and india, kosovo, serbia and montenegro? We will leave you and your northern masters very soon.

Please leave o! Who's stopping you? You want to leave Nigeria and you're suing in a Nigerian Court? Suing as what? Indigenous people of Biafra? Where exactly in the SE is known as 'Biafra'?
You think 'Obinna' selling spare auto parts in 'Ladipo Markate' is praying for him to require visa to enter his shop?
Charlie, wake up, even Ojukwu later contested for Nigeria's presidency when he saw that Biafra was a joke. His wife is now Nigeria's ambassador to an European country.
Keep using your money to buy radio transmitters in this age of cloud computing. Use the money to better your educational institutions cos most of your states fall under JAMB's Educationally Less Developed States.

OP, you're here posting stories instead of you to call 'Ombatse Boys' to do their thing. I swear, e no go cost u pass 5K and you go chop meat tire.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by MrMcJay(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
noblezone:

"Ebuka! Ebuka!! Ebuka!!"
Please, quick, get me some kolanut.
There is a true Biafran here, we need to greet him properly"

Oga, I dey come. I go our second shop find change for customer!
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Abagworo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
This problem is a natural problem and as a result of illiteracy on the part of Fulani. Fulanis know little about the importance of food crops and farmlands. Government needs to educate them about farming and also about the culture of land ownership.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by tpia5: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
what time do you have to farm, with over 1000 topics on nairaland?

anyway, what do you want us to do for you, spell it out.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by tpia5: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
HNosegbe: It is for reasons like this that I believe that the Fulanis must be made to adopt the ranch system.

I remember a documentary I once watched on the evolution of the modern Texas cattle ranchers. 19th century America had cowboys who roamed the Texas plains, causing untold damage to crops and farmland. This went on unabated until a new, cost-effective way to fence farmland (the barbed-wire) was invented. The barbed wire helped farmers to fence large expanses of farmland around at minimal cost, thereby safeguarding their crops and keeping off the cowboys and their cattle. Only with this restraint were the cowboys forced to evolve, and develop the famous ranch system we know today.

Check out the links below for more details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbed_wire

http://inventors.about.com/od/bstartinventions/a/BarbedWire.htm

http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/barbed-wire/

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/barbwire.htm

So, maybe it's high time Nigerian farmers embraced this cost-effective invention. Help yourselves, if the government won't help you.

op, read this^^
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Jakumo(m): 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
tpia@:
what time do you have to farm, with over 1000 topics on nairaland?

anyway, what do you want us to do for you, spell it out.

Haba, Tpia@ you dey wicked o. Why as you come tink say farmer nogo fit sabi type for computer ? Abi you tink say na only Grammar Man like you go sabi keyboard ?

Ok, make I educate you small. Me I be palm-wine tapper by trade, with over 4,000 post for Nairaland here, BUT, all this typing when I dey do so, ka..ka...ka...ka... na for on top palm tree I been dey take style balance kuleee, dey type fast-fast like wood-pecker bird when vex with tree.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by tpia5: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
^ we all have farms on nairaland, the op should put some online barb wire on his.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Jakumo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
tpia@:
^ we all have farms on nairaland, the op should put some online barb wire on his.

No worry, Tpia@. NDLEA go soon discover ya farm. Just make sure say you sabi run well-well, make dem no see you catch.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by tpia5: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
^got any tips on how to run well?
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Jakumo(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
tpia@:
^got any tips on how to run well?

If you dey run for inside thick bush, just close ya eye like how buffalo dey do if wata don pass garri, make stick no chook you for eye, but if you look back and see sey dem still dey follow you, just jump inside any river you see, and no worry whether crocodile or popotamus fit dey inside, because to enter crocodile belle still better pass to enter jail.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by tpia5: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
^thanks, may your bag of advice never run dry.
Re: My Farm Has Been Destroyed By Fulani Cows by Dereformer(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
bilms: MY FARM HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY FULANI COWS. It is almost 2years now that i decided to own a farm,where cassava,yam and other farm produce will be produced. I invested some little funds as a beginer to understand the agricultural business before going big and everything move as planned. One of my reasons to start a farm is to be able to acquire practical knowledge about agro business and educate others to take the path as a means of creating employment and empowerment. Having succesfully started the farm and kept in custody of an helper who reside not too far away from the farm,i was expecting to complete my pilot scheme in this second year to determine what next to do. But it was a suprise to get to the farm over the weekend after receiving a call from the helper and meet all the farm destroyed by animals (cows). According to the helper in charge, some Fulani men directed their multitude of cows into the farm and destroyed the whole thing. No wonder their is always crisis involving Fulani herdsmen.

Good morning, One Nigeria. Oh I remember Ojukwu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SCANDAL! 6 Cultists Gang Rape 16-yr-old Girl / Heavy Flooding Here At Sapon Abeokuta In Ogun State / Emir's Son Arrested For Causing Bomb Scare In Kano School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.