Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! (829 Views)

Yawa-ti-de, Please I Need Your Help! / @Yawa-ti-de:Please Help Me Check This PHP Mailer To See If The Script Is Correct / *~Yawa-ti-de Voted Webmasters Section Poster Of The Year 2012*~Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
I'm about changing the look of my website (cyberclickstudios.com) and i'll need you guys to please help me do a quick review of it's looks.

The new design is just 70% completed, but i need you guys to tell me things i might need to fix before i continue.

Here is the link: http://www.cyberclickstudios.com/cyberclick

Thank you.
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by onyengbu: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
yorme: I'm about changing the look of my website (cyberclickstudios.com) and i'll need you guys to please help me do a quick review of it's looks.

The new design is just 70% completed, but i need you guys to tell me things i might need to fix before i continue.

Here is the link: http://www.cyberclickstudios.com/cyberclick

Thank you.

1. I no see my name for the title, why? grin
2. cyberclickstudios sounds like ctrshiftstudios - graphicplus must be very very proud of what he has achieved here. wink
3. even though you did not ask me to review, I will not say anything but I will still mention though that giving a div a fixed width like 990px is not good at all. Even if you dont have responsiveness in mind, making it 100% takes care of a lot of things. Thats also why .xlinks .info div which you put at 300px; was unable to fit. If it had been something like 30something percent, they woulda all fit horizonatally.
4. DATZ ALL!
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
^^ sorry I didn't mention your name, but that's why I had to put "e.t.c."

Point well noted, though. Thank you.

onye_ngbu*:

2. cyberclickstudios sounds like ctrshiftstudios - graphicplus must be very very proud of what he has achieved here. wink
Oh! It's a coincidence, my brother. I have been using CyberclickStudios as my company name even before i got to know Graphics plus.... I'm sorry, it's in no way his achievement. *Winks*
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by onyengbu: 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
yorme: ^^ sorry I didn't mention your name, but that's why I had to put "e.t.c."

Point well noted, though. Thank you.

I cannot be etc, infact I reject etc..... cool
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
onye_ngbu*:

I cannot be etc, infact I reject etc..... cool

I'm so sorry, bro. I promise not to make such mistakes again. wink
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by yawatide(f): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
Looks good to me, including portfolio. Just a few things to clean up but that's more on the aesthetics side

Observations:
1) "About us" has <--no image--> on it. I take it, it's intentional?

2) Error messages on contact page: Make sure the offending field(s) is/are noted in red. Don't just say, "please fill..." but actually show where the problem is

3) Make your logo clickable

4) Remove the "pricing" page, unless you are purposely targeting a certain demographic and/or you are trying to not deal with certain level of clientele.

5) Don't use inline styles and remove commented out code as well as page level css and js.

Overall, good job!
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
yawa-ti-de:

1) "About us" has <--no image--> on it. I take it, it's intentional?
Yes. It is intentional. I intend inserting an image there.

yawa-ti-de:

2) Error messages on contact page: Make sure the offending field(s) is/are noted in red. Don't just say, "please fill..." but actually show where the problem is

3) Make your logo clickable

4) Remove the "pricing" page, unless you are purposely targeting a certain demographic and/or you are trying to not deal with certain level of clientele.

5) Don't use inline styles and remove commented out code as well as page level css and js.

Noted!

yawa-ti-de:
Overall, good job!

Thanks for sparing the time. I appreciate!.
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:38am On Jul 24, 2013
I don't think it's necessary putting some forum members' names in your thread topic and asking for their review. If you want review from certain individuals, then send them a private message with the link of the site and dont create a thread for it. But if you want to create a thread for it on a forum like this, then just ask for review without mentioning names. I think it makes more sense and looks more matured.

Anyway, your website looks good and the codes are clean enough. Just consider all that @Yawa pointed out. You may also consider reducing the darkness of the body background-color. You used: #d1d1d1. You may check: #ecf0f1 or any other color that is a bit close to white because your text color is not black. You used #666.

Since your nav links have hover effect, it may be good to add active class to show a user where he is.

Since the slider is only on the home page, why repeat the js code in all the pages?

You have 5 css links in your html. Five? How? You may have to find a way to reduce them to one or two to reduce http request. Especially the stylesheet that will not conflict with each other when brought together under one roof. Like your fader.css that has only few lines, you can just bring it inside your major stylesheet. If you have so many stylesheets, how will you code your responsive @media query. You will have to copy the @media query codes and paste into all the stylesheets or create a separate stylesheet for it which will bring your css link to 6. Not too good.

The transition on your nav link is not smooth. When you hover on it, it's smooth, but when you unhover it transits roughly. Reason? You set the transition on the hover effect. The transition should not be on the hover, but on the link itself. The a tag. Check these two divs to see what I mean: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/hover.html When you hover on the red div, you will notice a smooth transition all the way. Now hover on the yellow div and see a smooth transition then when you hover-out, the transition will be rough. Why? The red div has its transition on the link and the yellow div has its on the hover. Yours behave like the yellow div.

For even a better experience, give the link a background-color. "But I dont want the link to have a background color", you may say. Well, here is the trick. Give it a background color exactly the same with the menu background color so that it will not be noticed that it has a bgcolor. But the transition effect will notice. It will help it to transition from the link bgcolor to the hover bgcolor.

You may wish to change the color of your page header text. Like: About Us, Our Portfolio, etc. You may give it a green bg and a white color. Or you give it a darker color so that it will be different from the paragraph text color.

You must make it responsive. Fortunately, the layout is simple and clean, so making it responsive will not be a big deal.

All the best.
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2013
^^ Thanks so much. Points well noted!
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by greenmouse(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
is this the so talked about redesign... if so, the website is not yet responsive as you promised.

It doesnt look you really learnt from the website you show case the other day.

the colors no match and are really looking dull.

a whole lot need to be done as pointed out by @yewatide.
Re: Graphicsplus, Yawa, Afols, E.t.c Please Review! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
^^ Aiit! Thanks for the time!

(1) (Reply)

Long Waited URL Shortening Service Made In Lagos / Join This Group To Get More Likes To Your Facebook Fanpage. / The Srcret Of Making Money Through Blogging.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.