Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Should I Give In ??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Give In ??? (8194 Views)

Should I Give Her An Engagement Ring? / My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? / How Much Should I Give Her For Monthly Upkeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
My husband and I are fighting because . . .

1. He didn't want me to take my daughter to my village for the weekend. (I had to go for my sister's intro)

I really do not know why people get paranoid about taking their kids to their village. I come from a close knit family and I don’t believe any of my relatives will want to ‘jazz’ my child. His fears were baseless and I told him so. cool cool

2. He wanted to drive us.

He thinks I’m not a good driver, but it has never bothered him when I travel alone. But because I wanted to go with our kid, he suddenly decided it was risky. I was offended because why on earth will he think I will want to endanger my own child by driving recklessly?

And then when we got back, he saw some mosquito bites and allergic reactions on her body and went ballistic and blamed me for it. shocked shocked She also had an accident (a standing mirror fell on her head and shattered sad )and I had to consult our doctor and he found out about it. embarassed embarassed

He then said I'll NEVER EVER take her to the village overnight again! shocked shocked shocked

The point is that I refuse to let him stop me from taking my daughter where I want to. I feel if I give in now and try to resolve this quarrel, I’ll be accepting his own terms. He's not budging either (men and their daughters! angry angry )

I'm thinking of agreeing to it now just to end this face off, but go ahead and do what I want to in future!

So what do you guys think?
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ujujoan: My husband and I are fighting because . . .

1. He didn't want me to take my daughter to my village for the weekend. (I had to go for my sister's intro)

I really do not know why people get paranoid about taking their kids to their village. I come from a close knit family and I don’t believe any of my relatives will want to ‘jazz’ my child. His fears were baseless and I told him so. cool cool

He thinks I’m not a good driver, but it has never bothered him when I travel alone. But because I wanted to go with our kid, he suddenly decided it was risky. I was offended because why on earth will he think I will want to endanger my own child by driving recklessly?

And then when we got back, he saw some mosquito bites and allergic reactions on her body and went ballistic and blamed me for it. shocked shocked She also had an accident (a standing mirror fell on her head and shattered sad )and I had to consult our doctor and he found out about it. embarassed embarassed

He then said I'll NEVER EVER take her to the village overnight again! shocked shocked shocked

The point is that I refuse to let him stop me from taking my daughter where I want to. I feel if I give in now and try to resolve this quarrel, I’ll be accepting his own terms. He's not budging either (men and their daughters! angry angry )

I'm thinking of agreeing to it now just to end this face off, but go ahead and do what I want to in future!

[b]Uju!

1. He didnt want you to do something and you went ahead and did it anyways... #This makes you a disobidient wife.

2. The fact that you come from a close knit family does not mean that you cant get hurt. As long as you cant see peoples minds, it best to be wary of them.

3. He wanted to drive you guys, SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL?! My wife who has driven interstate severally in the U.S, I still dont allow her drive interstate in Nigeria. I'd rather pay for a driver to take them. Plus you have his daughter with you. Thats enough reason to make him paranoid. Also:
YOU ARE A WOMAN.. And by default, a bad driver.. Its not your fault.

4. You took your daughter to your village against your husbands advice and wishes, brought her back with a bruised skin, allergies and some injuries caused by a fallen mirror. What if she had died?! What do you think he would have done to you?!

If I were your husband, you will never go to the supermarket with my child ever again, talkless of your village. I would also ground you for a while for being disobedient.

Ibu Ada, and this behavior is unbecoming of an Ada.. And you are even planning on commiting future acts of insubordination sef..

Ichie Okija is displeased.. And to think I was actually considering marrying you back then.. angry

Umu Ada need to discipline you.. [/right][/b]

22 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
cool
Okija_juju:

[b]Uju!

1. He didnt want you to do something and you went ahead and did it anyways... #This makes you a disobidient wife.

2. The fact that you come from a close knit family does not mean that you cant get hurt. As long as you cant see peoples minds, it best to be wary of them.

3. He wanted to drive you guys, SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL?! My wife who has driven interstate severally in the U.S, I still dont allow her drive interstate in Nigeria. I'd rather pay for a driver to take them. Plus you have his daughter with you. Thats enough reason to make him paranoid. Also:
YOU ARE A WOMAN.. And by default, a bad driver.. Its not your fault.

4. You took your daughter to your village against your husbands advice and wishes, brought her back with a bruised skin, allergies and some injuries caused by a fallen mirror. What if she had died?! What do you think he would have done to you?!

If I were your husband, you will never go to the supermarket with my child ever again, talkless of your village. I would also sround you for a while for being disobedient.

Ibu Ada, and this behavior is unbecoming of an Ada.. And you are even planning on commiting future acts of insubordination sef..

Ichie Okija is displeased.. And to think I was actually considering marrying you back then.. angry

Umu Ada need to discipline you.. [/right][/b]
Agreed! (excluding the driving comment cool)
Re: Should I Give In ??? by xynerise: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
Okija-juju has spoken my mind. Your husband is just protecting you and his kid(s).
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
A standing mirror fell on a child? And you're here yearning opata....you're beyond redemption. Yeah open your petty abuses on me, doesn't move a hair on my tanned body cool

Allergic reactions and bug bites angry angry so you went to the village without any proper accommodation arrangement i.e net installed in the windows, bug repel ants in place and Benadryl for allergic reactions??

Only doing fine girl show off wakabout for village nothing else matters mtcheww !!!

I don't blame my yoruba brother oh, with all the voodoo we watch on Nollywood, I will be scared too.

Gosh I think my skin is too tanned....too mush enjoinmant cheesy no be my fault oh.... I'm spoilt. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
See foo lish queshion 'should I give in?' Akurioponuayerada!!!
Re: Should I Give In ??? by BabaOyo(m): 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
You know, your daughter is not just "your own" daughter but "our daughter"!!

He is a caring man to be so concerned!!
But really, I don't accommodate Superstitious peeps around me!!

Life in Africa can be interesting & complicated atimes!!!
Learn to communicate with him based on his fears!!!
I don't like men who feel its okay for their kids to mingle with their own family & not the wife's family!!!! I know quite a few!

Talk to him when he calms down.....Nollywood has turned all villagers into witches & wizards....so sad!!

7 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by thorpido(m): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Your daughter came back with bruises,don't you think your husband is justified for not approving you taking the daughter in the first place?What if it had been a more serious injury?
You say your family is close-knit but you really don't know what is in the heart of a man(desperately wicked-bible).
I will agree with your husband that you don't take her to the village again except he is there too.

You say you don't want to budge and accept his own terms?Hmmmmm.Marriage is not run with each party trying to prove he's/she's right.

Aka Chineke mezie okwu.
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
Madam,apologize to ur husband.u r very wrong and u shouldn't debate it.u r igbo I guess,in igboland,ur hubby's say is final.u don't marry ur hubby,its d opposite.
The number one thing men don't joke with r their children. Though his suspicions might be baseless, nevertheless its his kid.
U want to go home,go alone.its even better that way.
Like one lady did in another thread,on ur knees,followed by bedmatic action and sin no more (even though hubby didn't ask for it)

1 Like

Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
jidegirl12: See foo lish queshion 'should I give in?' Akurioponuayerada!!!
Madam,r u back from ur vacation?
How did it go? Enof enjoyment abi?

Chille naw,u r still fresh.
Re: Should I Give In ??? by armyofone(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Allow him to drive you guys there. At least you have someone holding the baby while you have fun and dance ndi Nwanyin dance, catch up with the latest village and household gossip/gist.
Re: Should I Give In ??? by xynerise: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
Uju don hear am today grin

you dont expect anyone to support you. tongue
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Pataki: 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
OK, LOL! You are very wrong in all ramifications.

You now hid your daughter's injury from her father? You wicked oh! What else have you been hiding from him?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
Will you let him go with your daughter to his own village? tongue If not, you may not have a leg to stand on. If you would, then just agree for now, then toast him later when next you want to take her there again.

(don't forget bug spray and asking your family to child proof their home before hand o! If not, na fight again when you come back grin)
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Some men are in bondage I swear. Imagine a man showing care and support and yet u are rebelling and even planning future disobedience.
Some women will die to receive such attention frm their men.
It stuffs like this that makes a man become a cheat and a difficult person. May God deliver us frm rebellious women.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by dayokanu(m): 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
So na wetin you dey use Pataki eye dey see be this
Re: Should I Give In ??? by EfemenaXY: 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
Uju babes,

Your hubby was only looking out for his little princess. Work with him and not against him.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by free2ryhme: 1:49am On Jul 24, 2013
Ujujoan: My husband and I are fighting because . . .

Let me share with you a short real life story...

A man had two kids is a Federal Govt secondary school ..

The husband told the wife to take their kids through road to school. The wife behind his back got tickets for their children and flew the kids by plane.. She insisted that their children would not suffer since they are wealthy enough to afford air transport for their kids .. Guess what .. The plane crashed killing both kids. The man did not forgiove the wife which later resulted in break up of the marriage..

listen to your husband for a change dont insist on your own ways
Re: Should I Give In ??? by lafflaff123(m): 2:14am On Jul 24, 2013
@Uju abeg no vex wetin be your husband number? my small cousin dey find husband and from all indication from your SMALL stubbornness your OGA go begin look outside now for another wife.

Since we be Nairaland family it go better make him marry my cousin make it dey inside the NL family ok? woman wey no go hear husband word better ready to get WIFE mate.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give In ??? by vanitty: 5:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Your best option is to agree with him this time round and apologise because the odds are stack against you, shattered mirror, bugs etc.
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Should I Give In ??? by damiso(f): 6:39am On Jul 24, 2013
What is with fathers and their daughters? angryMy husband is exactly the same about my daughter and sometimes it can be annoying.The cheeky girl said to me yesterday wait till my daddy gets back shocked shocked.In my mind I said iwo ati baba e e jo serious po (you and your father are not serious).See her saying it like you will see, you are in big trouble cheesy

I get you on how irritating it can be atimes o jare.And how sometimes (they dont mean to sha) it can come across as if you like hurt yourself but my princess must not have one hair out of place.

That said I would not have gone ahead to take her with me, the compromise would have been for him to drive you as suggested (less work for you sef you for enjoy yourself wella) or leave her with him.She is his child too.And this is not necessarily about the village people being out to get us part, but the child safety and logistics part of it. Its your sister's wedding so you would br fully involved and as its not an environment she is used to, its better for someone she is used to watch her.

Abeg give in jare, you proved him right with the bruises so there is actually no other point to be made in this instance.
And example I can give, my husband is verrrry safety conscious as in borders on obsession, am always teasing him that he is soo british and would find it hard living in Nigeria.So my daughter has a scooter she rides and he went out and bought this over the top safety gear, helmet, shin guard, arm brace in short she looks like voltron with the whole gear.When he takes her to the park, she wears the whole get up.I always say to him she looks ridiculous and realky I dont see other kids her age wearing all this your wahala when riding their scooters.He is always like ehn those are other people this is my child.My daughter hates the get up so me and her do secret runs so that when its just us(me and her grin) we wear only the helmet.

So Saturday, we went to the park in our we we fashion.Before I knew gboa on the floor (not on the grass) and her knee and leg had nasty scratches as she was wearing shorts cos of the weather. I immediately knew I was in for it.And he already had the upper hand in this argument.So I took pictures and sent them to him before he got home so he could be ranting wherever he was.Followed up with my love you were right, no vex, sorry, lai lai I will never do it again.As soon as he stepped in, na beg o grin.Ontop it being me dealing with the crying and 1st Aid.He could not even rake cos I take begging choke am.Its not like he loves more than I do but he was right about the safety aspect.

So just apologise and give in.Its for the best.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by eagleeye2: 6:47am On Jul 24, 2013
Ujujoan:

I think that the quoted part is wrong. Why not reach a compromise now and abide by it. Why, start the same quarrel over and over again in the future?
Re: Should I Give In ??? by neyostica: 6:51am On Jul 24, 2013
Imagine the nonsense this girl made me read on a Wednesday morning........... who did i offend?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by kreamidiva(f): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2013
neyostica: Imagine the nonsense this girl made me read on a Wednesday morning........... who did i offend?

Lol...u're very funny! @OP,pls take d good advice of all the posters above and end this fight.its matters like this that bring Umunna and Umuada to ur house with anya red.
Re: Should I Give In ??? by TheMadame(f): 7:34am On Jul 24, 2013
I laugh in trivial things language.
Of all the important issues in marriage,it is this irrelevant issue that is bothering this drama queen of an OP?
Like I once told you on another thread-you need to humble your self and accept your husband as the head of the family and obey him.
Secondly you appear to be very careless mother-allowing your chid smash a standing mirror on her head? Her body also covered with insect bites?
Instead of you to beg and apologise to your husband you are on nairaland looking for drama.
Pride goes before a fall .
A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Give In ??? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2013
damiso: What is with fathers and their daughters? angryMy husband is exactly the same about my daughter and sometimes it can be annoying.The cheeky girl said to me yesterday wait till my daddy gets back shocked shocked.In my mind I said iwo ati baba e e jo serious po (you and your father are not serious).See her saying it like you will see, you are in big trouble cheesy

I get you on how irritating it can be atimes o jare.And how sometimes (they dont mean to sha) it can come across as if you like hurt yourself but my princess must not have one hair out of place.

That said I would not have gone ahead to take her with me, the compromise would have been for him to drive you as suggested (less work for you sef you for enjoy yourself wella) or leave her with him.She is his child too.And this is not necessarily about the village people being out to get us part, but the child safety and logistics part of it. Its your sister's wedding so you would br fully involved and as its not an environment she is used to, its better for someone she is used to watch her.

Abeg give in jare, you proved him right with the bruises so there is actually no other point to be made in this instance.
And example I can give, my husband is verrrry safety conscious as in borders on obsession, am always teasing him that he is soo british and would find it hard living in Nigeria.So my daughter has a scooter she rides and he went out and bought this over the top safety gear, helmet, shin guard, arm brace in short she looks like voltron with the whole gear.When he takes her to the park, she wears the whole get up.I always say to him she looks ridiculous and realky I dont see other kids her age wearing all this your wahala when riding their scooters.He is always like ehn those are other people this is my child.My daughter hates the get up so me and her do secret runs so that when its just us(me and her grin) we wear only the helmet.

So Saturday, we went to the park in our we we fashion.Before I knew gboa on the floor (not on the grass) and her knee and leg had nasty scratches as she was wearing shorts cos of the weather. I immediately knew I was in for it.And he already had the upper hand in this argument.So I took pictures and sent them to him before he got home so he could be ranting wherever he was.Followed up with my love you were right, no vex, sorry, lai lai I will never do it again.As soon as he stepped in, na beg o grin.Ontop it being me dealing with the crying and 1st Aid.He could not even rake cos I take begging choke am.Its not like he loves more than I do but he was right about the safety aspect.

Wise lady this is one of the best advise I hope u end the begging with some bedmatic action u know its one of the thing that can calm an angry man down @op u don hear from ur fellow married women u better be wise
Re: Should I Give In ??? by EfemenaXY: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2013
Choi!!

Dami and CC, girls and their dads eh? cheesy
Re: Should I Give In ??? by biolabee(m): 8:47am On Jul 24, 2013
Very straight forward issue but it seems there is a perverse delight at twisting the knife because the OP is a (in) fanous figure of sorts

This is a normal marital issue that can and has happened in a lot of our homesteads

@OP I get you perfectly
The same water and moskito na hin chop you for pikin
Nothing do you.. You even are a mother today

But fathers are irrational and logic does not carry water where there kids especially daughters are concerned

Step down and broach the issue later
if hubby allows again, take all cautions

We all learn everyday

The jazz wey dey village no dey city

Abegiii
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2013
damiso: What is with fathers and their daughters? angryMy husband is exactly the same about my daughter and sometimes it can be annoying.The cheeky girl said to me yesterday wait till my daddy gets back shocked shocked.In my mind I said iwo ati baba e e jo serious po (you and your father are not serious).See her saying it like you will see, you are in big trouble cheesy

Uju... Shey you see your friend!! Why cant you be like her?!

Maka chukwu, your husband needs to flog you with belt.. angry
Re: Should I Give In ??? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2013
Thanks guys . . ,

I know it comes off like I'm being stubborn and disobedient, but d truth is that I want a well balanced life for my kids. I don't want my daughter growing up to be an aje butter who has never seen a stream and runs at the sight of a chicken. I want my kids to experience village life like I did. I still remember the sleepless nights I spent looking forward to my village trips as a kids. I have nasty scars till date from mosquito bites but I won't trade those experience for anything.

I want my daughetrs to learn the atilogwu dance and my sons the igba mmuo!

My husband is a modern man who spends xmas in the city and will rather lodge in a hotel than sleep in his village house. His younger sister could not even locate her father's house when she was going home fore her trad! I don't want to raise my kids dat way. Call me old fashioned but I still belive that children should be familiar with their roots!

As for those suggesting that I was careless, I can assure you that that is not the case. I did everything right but these village mosquitoes can pass through anything. My daughetr has a sensitive skin and reacts to ANY change of environment. I expected that and travelled with allergy creams and medication.

The accident was just that, an accident. I left her in the care of a cousin for one minute and it happened . . . I know how lucky I was that she didn't sustain any injuries and for that I'm forever grateful to God.

But she's not just his child, she's mine too. And I don't think I'm stubborn for wanting my daugher to be able to experience village life!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO 18+: 8 Awful Things That Will DEFINITELY Happen If You Wear Yoga Pants / Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? / Gosh!!! No One Said It Was Gonna B Like Dis...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.