Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation (5491 Views)

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News / FG Approves $403m Loan For 4 APC Governors (lagos, Rivers, Ogun & Osun) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by adisarasaq(m): 5:50am On Jul 24, 2013
The Federal Government has given approval to 40 companies to import 3.4 million tonnes of petrol in the third quarter of the year, according to a report by Reuters.

However, it reported that the list of fuel suppliers included companies previously named in the subsidy fraud investigation, but that large global trading houses have been left empty-handed.

“The list showed four companies that failed to cooperate with parliament’s probe were named as suppliers. These were Nepal, Fresh Synergy, Ibafon and Techno, which the parliamentary report showed collectively claimed subsidies of nearly $60m,” the report said.

“Nepal’s website lists its CEO as Ngozi Ekeoma, who has twice been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in relation to fraudulent subsidy payments. She has pleaded not guilty to the charges. Phone calls to her company went unanswered,” Reuters added.

“At least three other companies awarded third quarter allocations – Masters, Matrix and MRS – were also ordered to account for their shipments or refund falsely claimed subsidy money in another government report released last June,” the report said.

While Matrix provided documents to Reuters showing it had since been exonerated by the authorities, the other firms were said to have declined or did not respond to repeated requests for comments by email and telephone.

“It was not clear if these companies had since repaid their debts or been cleared,” Reuters claimed.

“Nigerian authorities have taken some measures to improve controls,” said Marc Gueniat of Swiss NGO, The Berne Declaration, which campaigns against corruption in the developing world.

“But the fact that certain companies accused of participating in the fraud are continuing to benefit from allocations raises the question of whether the political will to change is sincere,” he added.

Petrol subsidy gulped N1tn ($6.2bn) last year, equivalent to 20 per cent of the federal budget and exceeding the N888bn budgeted for that purpose.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-approves-40-firms-for-q3-petrol-importation/
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Brimmie(m): 6:52am On Jul 24, 2013
40 Companies!?

How about the Subsidy Scam?? Lawal and Co. should be in Jail by now!
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by adisarasaq(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2013
Brimmie: 40 Companies!?

How about the Subsidy Scam?? Lawal and Co. should be in Jail by now!

About three or four companies involve in subsidy scam are still among those forty companies
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by superior1: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Time to repay supporters of Jona-dumbo's 2015 ambition.
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by kelvincoll(m): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2013
Never ending story undecided
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by DICKtator: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
And yet the 3 were given rights of approval to import?
The subsidy scam has died down so it is now business as usual?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by ebamma(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
wetin i wan talk again sef
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by manny4life(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Fighting corruption in Nigeria is more like pouring water on a rock - NO EFFECT.

As much I'm in line with GEJ's transformational agenda, his fight on corruption is VERY POOR. How can four companies that failed to cooperate with legislative hearing be approved by the executive? What is the legislative doing about it?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by alexaletor: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Instead of probes and jail terms for these subsidy thieves, they are rewarded with more contracts as an appreciation of thier Kleptocracy.. Fkkking Country..
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by crystalballs: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
subsidy largesssssss
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Fazhy: 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
superior1: Time to repay supporters of Jona-dumbo's 2015 ambition.

grin

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Capnd143(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
GEJ is trying in infrastructure and diplomacy bt when it comes to fighting Corruption "HE IS DULL"
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Tadeus(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
Power speaks
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by chaloner(m): 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Today is my bday pls use ur comment and wish me happy bday and pllss forget abt dat topic

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by philips70(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
We need billionaires and solomon 111 plus other voltrons take on this. My eyes are itchy
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by MightyThor(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
And the vicious rape of our country's resources continues..............

[size=18pt]BLOODY BUNCH OF RAPIST.[/size]
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by nijanigga: 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
In a country where there are sane people this open light robbery is more than enough to send the govt packing,but in Nigeria, you just wait for your turn. Nigerians and fraud, Siamese twins.
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by leonard509(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
er oda word in the sentence r bla bla bla to me. . .but importationimportation at this age??at dis stage??weda itx p10 petrol or R20 petrol .i dnt support it. .jst tink diz is anoda tool 4 embezlin money
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by duality(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
On the other hand the media should find out if they have repaid their debt or have been cleared rather than this alarmist reporting [quote author=adisarasaq]

“It was not clear if these companies had since repaid their debts or been cleared,” Reuters claimed.25
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by dainvincible(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
When d head is bad d whole body is not @ rest. System is in mess. We re yet to get d final conclusion of d subsidy probes. Now dey re calling dem back. I can sense d power of d Cabal.
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by chukel(m): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
40 companies approved for 3rd quarter importation of fuel. But wait o, I thought "sincere9erian" and his cohorts said our refineries are operating at 70 abi na 85% capacity. Y d importation.
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by lacasa: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
It seems i will drop activism and national interest and focus fully on eating my own mega share of the national treasure.

Since all the people know how to do is shout n rant on the internet undecided

"i Am out to get my Own, i got to get paid" kiss
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by slimfit1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
This man is going to destroy this country.
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Oildichotomy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
Simple comment!!!
I hate NG...EFF patriotism.....
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by adisarasaq(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
lacasa: It seems i will drop activism and national interest and focus fully on eating my own mega share of the national treasure.

Since all the people know how to do is shout n rant on the internet undecided

"i Am out to get my Own, i got to get paid" kiss

You mean if you can beat them then join them?
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by taharqa2: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
manny4life: Fighting corruption in Nigeria is more like pouring water on a rock - NO EFFECT.

As much I'm in line with GEJ's transformational agenda, his fight on corruption is VERY POOR. How can four companies that failed to cooperate with legislative hearing be approved by the executive? What is the legislative doing about it?
I thought that by now you wud have had enough Sense to stop believing, fully and at once, ANY news article written in or about Nigeria..... Unlike, Punch above that decided to Copy-paste d article from Reuters (no surprises here though), Vanguard asked around b4 publishing same and found that that NO company that was indicted was granted a license to import fuel. The ish with these 4 companies was explained in the Vanguard article (Today's Vanguard, I may post it later)...... I agree with you though that GEJ needs to do more in certain areas of d 'Fight against Corruption', this Subsidy thing since d Probe was instituted is not amongst them. The loopholes have been largely plugged. The Min of Finance has made sure of that...
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Pukkah: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
Why is the country still importing petrol at this time when we should be talking of exporting petrol?

The CBN is no longer able to use the external reserves to defend the naira because of unbridled importation of petrol and other items which is why naira may further depreciate.

This (unbridled importation) is why unemployment rate continues to go high and high with its attendant negative effect on crime and other social vices.
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by awodman: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
duality: On the other hand the media should find out if they have repaid their debt or have been cleared rather than this alarmist reporting
PPPRA’s Executive Secretary, Mr. Reginald Stanley, in a
telephone interview with Vanguard, yesterday, insisted
that no company indicted in the subsidy fraud was
included in the latest allocations as reported by Reuters.

He said: “No company that was indicted in the subsidy
claims report can import petroleum products under the
new dispensation. In fact, even if we were foolish enough
to include any of them, they will get stuck because the
Ministry of Finance will not pay them.

However, Stanley clarified that all of the companies
mentioned by Reuters were cleared in the subsidy report,
saying “Masters has been cleared by Special Fraud Unit,
SFU; Nepal’s issue with Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission, EFCC, is closed out.

Source:www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/pppra-disagrees-with-reuters-on-import-allocations/

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Dee60: 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
Shame

Shame

Shame

The world's 10th oil producing country is also one of the world's leading importers of petroleum products.

Shame

Shame

Shame

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by yiboboy: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
Na to dey laff remain oooh! If pesin vex for all these news na BP things. . . untop wetin?

Hmmmn, indicted companies given the right to procure petroleum products yet again

Is 10 legit companies not enuff to procure what we need? E don be oooooh!
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Alibaba and 40 THIEVES?
Re: FG Approves 40 Firms For Q3 Petrol Importation by lacasa: 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
adisarasaq:

You mean if you can beat them then join them?

As 2pac said;

"That's just the way it is"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest - September 2015 / PICS OF THE DAY: Man Brings Mattress, Cooker, Food, Drinks, Utensils To Protest / 2023 Presidency: US Embassy Denies Tinubu Visa to travel to the US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.