Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

PLZZ Who Has Read Chimamanda Adichie's Americanah!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PLZZ Who Has Read Chimamanda Adichie's Americanah!!! (621 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? / Chimamanda Adichie's 'Americanah' Tops BBC's Top 10 Books Of 2013 / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PLZZ Who Has Read Chimamanda Adichie's Americanah!!! by Schonebaby: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
The sprawling almost 500 paged book turned out to be okay. But, I must say I was a little dissapointed. It was like there were so much issues crammed into one book and the issues (ranging from racism to hair) almost overshadowed the art of storytelling. It looked more like a collection of essays on racial prejudice and all... balanced on a sparse real story structure making it almost too serious. I will choose 'half of a yellow sun' over it anyday and time.I totally love and admire Chimamanda and this post is independent of her person. Who has also read it? whaddya think of the book.

(1) (Reply)

Blue Blood / The Dark Way To Heaven...a Short Poem / Bliss Of Love-my Very Own rhymes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.