Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing (2300 Views)

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? / Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other / For Your Amusement: Meet The New "Tolerant" Village Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
grin grin grin angry grin grin grin grin
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by Mranony: 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
mazaje:

Do I care if Jesus is god or not?. . .How is that my business. . .You believe that Jesus is god and I am using your position to let you know that Jesus as god called for the killing of gays. . .Many christians use such verses as justification for the killing of gays, just as Jesus(God) says that thou shall not suffer a whitch to live, many people believe witches deserve to be killed as well. . .
No my friend you cannot eat your cake and have it. You can't say you don't believe that the bible teaches Jesus is God and yet you want to equate Jesus to God just to force a point and then tomorrow you switch back to "Jesus is not God" just to force another point somewhere else. If you cannot stay consistent, you immediately lose your credibility. If you don't care whether Jesus is God or not, then you have no grounds to make claims on what the message of Jesus is when you really mean God.

So I ask you once again, do you believe that the bible teaches that Jesus Christ is God?
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by mazaje(m): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr anony:
No my friend you cannot eat your cake and have it. You can't say you don't believe that the bible teaches Jesus is God and yet you want to equate Jesus to God just to force a point and then tomorrow you switch back to "Jesus is not God" just to force another point somewhere else. If you cannot stay consistent, you immediately lose your credibility. If you don't care whether Jesus is God or not, then you have no grounds to make claims on what the message of Jesus is when you really mean God.

So I ask you once again, do you believe that the bible teaches that Jesus Christ is God?

What is this rigmarole all about?. . .Where have I stated that Jesus is god or not?. . .I have always maintained that some christians believe that Jesus is god while others do not. . .That is my position on the matter. . .You believe that Jesus is god so I am using your position to make my point. The bottom line is that the bible condemns gays, talks about them in a contemptible way, calls for their death and many people use such passages to condemn gays, treat them badly and kill them in some cases. . .As such gays are now fighting back. . .Simple that is the case on ground. . .
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by Mranony: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
mazaje: What is this rigmarole all about?. . .Where have I stated that Jesus is god or not?. . .I have always maintained that some christians believe that Jesus is god while others do not. . .That is my position on the matter. . .You believe that Jesus is god so I am using your position to make my point. The bottom line is that the bible condemns gays, talks about them in a contemptible way, calls for their death and many people use such passages to condemn gays, treat them badly and kill them in some cases. . .As such gays are now fighting back. . .Simple that is the case on ground. . .
Nonsense, there is no rigmarole here. you are the one who claims that Jesus said something he didn't say and when you were asked to show were Jesus said what you claimed he said, you started shifting goalposts to Jesus being God. I then asked you whether you believe that the bible teaches that Jesus is God. You started dancing around some more and trying to shift your burden to me.

It is irrelevant what I believe or what you think Christians believe at this point. We did not make the claim that the that Jesus hates homosexuals, you did. You are the one who made the claim about Jesus so please bear your burden of proof. Here is the question that you keep trying to evade:

Do you agree that the bible teaches that Jesus is God or not?

After you have answered yes or no and we have clarified whether or not you really mean God when you refer to Jesus then we can go on to talk about the Christian stance on homosexuals.

Please stop dancing around.
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by mazaje(m): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr anony:
Nonsense, there is no rigmarole here. you are the one who claims that Jesus said something he didn't say and when you were asked to show were Jesus said what you claimed he said, you started shifting goalposts to Jesus being God. I then asked you whether you believe that the bible teaches that Jesus is God. You started dancing around some more and trying to shift your burden to me.

It is irrelevant what I believe or what you think Christians believe at this point. We did not make the claim that the that Jesus hates homosexuals, you did. You are the one who made the claim about Jesus so please bear your burden of proof. Here is the question that you keep trying to evade:

Do you agree that the bible teaches that Jesus is God or not?

After you have answered yes or no and we have clarified whether or not you really mean God when you refer to Jesus then we can go on to talk about the Christian stance on homosexuals.

Please stop dancing around.

Jesus is god as many christians like you believe, god says gays should be killed period. . .The bible clearly condemns gays and speaks badly about them. Christians use the bible as the basis and justification for hating gays, discriminating against them, treating them with contempt and in some cases killing them. . .If gays fight back then they are just figting against a force that dislikes them, calls for them to be killed and discriminated up on period. . .
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Anony, I believe that Jesus is God. And he hates gays. Just like people in real life, the most extreme vocal anti-gay crusaders are actually closet gay people. Makes you wonder about a man who surrounded himself with other men and telling that the narrow path is the better path.
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by Mranony: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
mazaje:

Jesus is god as many christians like you believe, god says gays should be killed period. . .The bible clearly condemns gays and speaks badly about them. Christians use the bible as the basis and justification for hating gays, discriminating against them, treating them with contempt and in some cases killing them. . .If gays fight back then they are just figting against a force that dislikes them, calls for them to be killed and discriminated up on period. . .

Good thing that you have agreed that Jesus is God according to Christianity but then what follows from you is simply untrue. You are making a claim that Christians hold a position they do not hold.
God hates sin but loves the sinner. Homosexual behavior as well as murder, fornication, covetousness, adultery, blasphemy etc are sins and fully deserve God's wrath. There is no Christian that discriminates against the homosexual rather Christians vehemently condemn their acions.
It is not discrimination to condemn a sinful man. I am sure you do not believe it is discrimination when you condemn what you consider to be evil practices. Notice that it is the homosexual sin that is condemned and not the person. The door of forgiveness is open to all sinners including the sodomite. What they need to do is repent, turn from their sin and put their trust in Christ Jesus and He will save them. If they do not, then they have in fact condemned themselves.
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by Mranony: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Anony, I believe that Jesus is God. And he hates gays. Just like people in real life, the most extreme vocal anti-gay crusaders are actually closet gay people. Makes you wonder about a man who surrounded himself with other men and telling that the narrow path is the better path.
your comment is so puerile it does not deserve a response
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr anony:
your comment is so puerile it does not deserve a response

You can't debate truth. You can only insult it.
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by Mranony: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: You can't debate truth. You can only insult it.
smh
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by mazaje(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr anony:

Good thing that you have agreed that Jesus is God according to Christianity but then what follows is simply untrue. You are making a claim that Christians hold a position they do not hold.

Agree that Jesus is god according to which christianity?. . .You guys are yet to agree on that despite your endless debates with your christian brothers. . .Whose christianity agrees that Jesus is god?. . .I am only using your position since you are among those that believe that Jesus is god. . .I do not care what the bible says about Jesus being god because I do not believe in god. . .

God hates sin but loves the sinner. Homosexual behavior as well as murder, fornication, covetousness, adultery, blasphemy etc are sins and fully deserve God's wrath.

Pls stop this talk. . .Is it not your god that says that gays should be killed for being gays?. . .Do you kill people you love?. . .Do you send people you love to suffer in fire?. . .Tough love eh?. . .

There is no Christian that discriminates against the homosexual rather Christians vehemently condemn their acions.

Pls calm down and stop saying this. . .Here is a video of a pastor that says that government should kill gays. He says he is just preaching scripture and has nothing to be ashamed of. He even quoted the passage from the bible that supports him. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMkZ02NrxP8

Many many christians hate gays and many have killed them. . .Here is a story of a guy that killed an elderly gay man that made advances towards him stating that he read in the bible that gays should be killed. . .

http://articles.philly.com/2011-03-18/news/29142081_1_stoning-death-court-documents-police

The claim that there is no christian that discriminates against gays is painfully laughable.

It is not discrimination to condemn a sinful man. I am sure you do not believe it is discrimination when you condemn what you consider to be evil practices. Notice that it is the homosexual sin that is condemned and not the person.

And who told you that being gay is wrong? As long as it is consensual between two adults that know what they are doing I don't see how it affects any body. Being gay is not a crime as far as am concerned and no body has the right to say it is, since it does not affect any body directly, while stealing, killing, lying and other vices might affect people gay relationship does not affect any body at all as long as it is consensual btw two parties. . . .If being gay is wrong then being a christian is also wrong, since according to muslims you are already on the wrong path and allah dislikes those on the wrong path(unbelievers). You are committing a sin for not believing in allah and his last messenger. . .You need to repent and ask for forgiveness. . .

The door of forgiveness is open to all sinners including the sodomite. What they need to do is repent, turn from their sin and put their trust in Christ Jesus and He will save them. If they do not, then they have in fact condemned themselves.

Gays do not need any forgiveness from any body since they are not committing any crime, at least not in the part of the world that I live in(even though I am presently in Nigeria). . .If you say gays need forgiveness then you as a christian also need forgiveness for refusing to believe allah and his last messenger. . .If you refuse then in fact you have condemn yourself. . .
Re: For Your Amusement: Meet The "Tolerant" Sodomites . . .It Really Isn't Amusing by manmustwac(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2013

(1) (2)

What Is The Punishment For Not Going To Church? / Does The Term "Son Of God" Mean That Jesus Is Not God? / God Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.