Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline (1379 Views)

Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff / Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by MARYU: 8:57pm On May 26, 2008
pl i need advise on which job to tak oceanic bank or secretary ro director in arik abuja.i plan runnin my masters part-time while working.
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by getchineye: 2:21pm On May 27, 2008
It is advisable u go 4 the secretary work so dat u wld have time for ur master program because in bank work there is no time
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by geebees: 7:12am On May 28, 2008
i dont agree. i have friends in the banking industry and they ahave been able to do their masters despite their busy schedule. It all depends on your determination.
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by MARYU: 7:29am On May 28, 2008
my people thanks for replying but am also looking at job security and all that so pl yr advice will go a long way.
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by gears26(m): 9:51am On May 28, 2008
WEB
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by krama(m): 11:10am On May 28, 2008
Sorry I don’t know much about working in the two industries.
A comparison of the offer letters would probably throw more light in helping you decide.
Also which carrier path do you want for yourself?

The bank would probably give a better job security.
The airline job should give you more free time to yourself and your family.
If I were a woman I think I'd prefer the airline job. If Iam going to be employed as a marketer in a bank, and be given all sorts of targets to meet, why don’t I rather do something else and make enough money to have them bankers flocking around me, persuading me to bank with them, instead of the other way round?

But I think only you can weigh the pros and cons for yourself.
I don’t suppose you are married, else you would have sorted it out with your spouse.
If you have a SERIOUS person in your life, you could discuss with him. I personally wouldn’t want my wife to be a secretary.
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by georgee(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2008
@MARYU
So u finally got the job(OCEANIC BANK), and u didnt tell me, U called me sometrime ago telling abt the interview Anyway CONGRATS. grin cool
welcome to oceanic bank, come and experience peace grin
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by MARYU: 5:58pm On May 28, 2008
@krama
thanks so much for yr time.actually my boyfriend doesnt mind any except for location arik is abuja while oceanic is lag.he says its my decision to make and he wil respect it.i hav been hearin stories of poor working conditions in arik line though d pay is good,but lik u rightly put it job security is of importance to me.i planned endin up in telecom industry after 2 yrs in bank until the arik came in view.am positive i wont be in marketing department.well at d end i hav to make d decision but yr comments are highly appreciated.
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by MARYU: 6:04pm On May 28, 2008
@gears26

thanks alot too could i say am looking at both job and pay?it doesnt sound too selfish? anyway in d real sense who isnt?i just dont wanna make a mistake i wil regret. one love
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by MARYU: 8:49pm On May 31, 2008
where are d experienced people in d house?pl advise a sister.am gettin confused,am hearing of ill treatment in arik airline and dont know wat to believe.yr candid opinion is highly appreciated.
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by demi2008(f): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2008
i'll advise u 2 take oceanic stories from arik staff have not been good at all at all ur job is more secure at oceanic than arik u can do ur part time masters as a banker i know a lot of bankers who have done dat and with ur fiancee in lag dont let d distance come btw u
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by MARYU: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2008
thanks @demi2008.
thats wat i decided to do.u all were of big help.one love
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by Viviano: 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2008
@MARYU
HAVE OCEANIC CALLED FOR APPOINTMENT LETTER?
Re: Oceanic Vs Secretary To Director In Arik Airline by MARYU: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2008
my dear vivian sorry for d delay.i was busy with diamond bank test and interview. they havent,a source told me tat d branch is not ready,i dont know if they are just building oh *hahahaha* anyway i intend to start with diamond by next week by His grace until oceanic is ready.wish u all d best.

(1) (Reply)

Does Anybody Know Any Recruitment Agencies In Ibadan? / Pössible Reason You Are Still Unemploy / Ethernet Roadmap 2016 - All Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.