Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Directing The Lives Of Others Is Fortune-telling - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Directing The Lives Of Others Is Fortune-telling (445 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Angelina Jolie Directing Movie About Christian POW / How To Summon Good Luck Fortune Spirit For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Directing The Lives Of Others Is Fortune-telling by sidespin: 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
DIRECTING THE LIVES OF OTHERS IS FORTUNE-TELLING

I know successful people who went bankrupt in business because they followed some so-called prophet's advice. Some of these people were very successful and had millions of dollars and beautiful, palatial mansions. But they lost everything by trying to follow the guidance of some so-called prophet.

For example, I was preaching in a certain state, and a wealthy businessman came to one of my meetings. I had met him once, and I knew he was wealthy, but I knew nothing else about him. But the minute he came into my meeting, the Lord spoke to me about him. At the Lord's direction, I later told him what the Lord had said to me.

This man owned a palatial home and several expensive cars and was very successful in business; he was worth millions of dollars. He had servants, a private plane, and his children drove brand-new expensive cars. But then he started going to a so-called prophetess for direction and counsel before he would make any business deal. The Lord told me that he was going to lose everything he owned if he kept listening to her.

Actually, people who try to direct other people's lives through the office of the prophet are nothing more than fortune-tellers. Many people don't have enough sense to know that. This woman tried to guide this man's business affairs through "spiritual gifts." But it wasn't the Holy Spirit that was in operation through her; she was nothing more than a fortune-teller.

In First Thessalonians 5:20,21, the Bible says, "Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." We aren't to despise prophesying. But on the other hand, we aren't supposed to believe everything everyone prophesies to us either. The Bible tells us to prove all things to see if they are of God.

This woman's counsel obviously wasn't of God. Believers trying to inquire about God's leading or direction in their lives through a prophet are on dangerous ground. This businessman should have had enough common sense to know that when every one of his business deals failed because of the advice of this "prophetess," her advice wasn't any good! Besides, a businessman ought to have some business sense!

And if he needs direction in business, he should seek God's counsel first. Then if he needs to, he could consult with others who have business expertise. I told this businessman what the Lord told me to tell him —that he was going to lose everything if he didn't quit listening to that woman who claimed to be a prophetess. But some people hear only what they want to hear. He told someone I agreed with what he was doing. And he kept inquiring through that so-called prophetess until he lost everything he had and went bankrupt.

This businessman was so deceived, he wouldn't make a move in business without calling this woman. Some of these false prophets and prophetesses prey upon people to get their money. They are no more prophets and prophetesses than I'm an astronaut. But just because some people go off into error, that doesn't do away with the legitimate prophetic ministry.

The true prophet doesn't try to run people's lives through that office. A prophet needs to be very careful in the area of personal prophecy. That's why when I'm ministering to people through the prophetic office, I very often say to them, "Does that mean anything to you? Does that confirm what you already have in your own heart? If it doesn't bear witness with your own spirit, don't pay a bit of attention to it." (Kenneth Hagin)

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis On Gays: Who Am I To Judge Them / Why Didnt Jesus Write The Bible? / Lawyer Accuses Pilate Of 'judicial Misconduct,' Seeks To Nullify Jesus' Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.