Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? (720 Views)

How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site / How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by ogedanny: 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Webmaster, I need your help. I am running a high traffic job website in Nigeria which is attracting over 4000 views daily...but my hosting provider cannot carry it cos most time of the day, the site is always down. This is affecting my daily traffic, I wish to transfer the website to another hosting provider that is reliable and well known.
Please advice me on how to do that?
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by afridigit(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
You can move only the hosting, leaving your domaian there.
1. Just back up your db.
2. Buy another hosting with that same name
3. Copy your new hosting company nameservers
4. Login to the client area of your previous hosting and change the nameserver to the new hosting nameserver
5. Purse for 24HRS
6. Upload your site and export your bd to the new host

wow! pretty simplt hmm.
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
afridigit: You can move only the hosting, leaving your domaian there.
1. Just back up your db.
2. Buy another hosting with that same name
3. Copy your new hosting company nameservers
4. Login to the client area of your previous hosting and change the nameserver to the new hosting nameserver
5. Purse for 24HRS
6. Upload your site and export your bd to the new host

wow! pretty simplt hmm.
well said!
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by amtechost: 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
AmtecHost will move your website free of charge when you host your new website with us. You can also transfer your domain name to us at a reasonable amount. Just check our website amtechost.com and you will find more information about us.
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by miracle4(m): 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
bro go with arvixe or hostgator ... they will transfer the site free for you ... absolutely reliable too
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by Simonet: 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
That's why I prefer to use blogger template where possible.UNLIMITED HOSTING!
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by Legendwap: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2013
I will back and move it free of charge. Call 07060635444, 08108949444 emmanuelanaiye@rocketmail.com mail me
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by launique: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Before you move your website from one domain to another, make sure you read the terms and conditions of both hosts because there are some hidden charges involved in such transfers. Most of the time, those charges are much higher than that of the domain hosting itself.
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by ogedanny: 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
its a forum
Re: How Do I Move My Website To Another Hosting Company? by yungcheda(m): 12:57am On Aug 17, 2013
This should be of help. Although it is for hostgator, it applies to other hosts too http://www.wesaytech.com/2013/05/how-to-change-host-to-hostgator.html

(1) (Reply)

Who Needs My Free Assistance Today? / Forum Site For Sale / I Need Tweaking Of My New Magazine Theme With Some Programming Using PHP On W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.