Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima (1525 Views)

Olisa Metuh And Yerima The Bail Differences - Just Check This. / Buhari Returns To Nigeria, To Meet With APC Legislators At 9:00 AM / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by xtremely9ja: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Controversial Nigerian Senator and former governor of Zamfara State, Senator Ahmad Yerima, has defended his marraige to a 13 year old Egyptian girl teling Arabic news channel that if Prophet Mohammed (SAW) could marry Aisha at age 9 there was nothing wrong in marrying his wife at age 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQJ8Rbgiox4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/video-mohammed-married-aisha-at-9-therefore-i-can-marry-a-13-year-old-yerima
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by drstan(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
This will be more interesting:-)smileywaiting patiently till it get to fp..mod if you are in support of underage marriage dont take this to the fp
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by manuch(m): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
F.P PLEASE
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by Standing5(m): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
These people claim most non muslim girls of thirteen have been disvirgined and that consumation of such marriage ''can'' come much later in their child marriage, but how come the muslim ones end up with (vitsula)VVF far more often?
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by domack99(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
Am a muslim and i must tell you this man must be a mad man, how can you compare yourself to the best of mankind, we haman only takes what we want and leave the other part of the Islamic teaching, Nigeria is secular state, the revenue given to Zafara and the northern senators comes from taxes paid buy Alcohol brewering companies, Hotels that allows fornications, banks that collected interest (riba), baba jebu companies that plays lottery and many more which Islam considered haram, if Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) were to be a life today, He will never have anything to do with that i have mentioned above, but, yet Yerima compare himself to Allah Message (S.A.W), yet cannot sacrifice the gain of this world.

If Aisha was betrothed to Prophet Mohammed at the age of 9 years, how many of his sa'aba (close followers) did it, in those days powerful and popular people are dreams of any woman irrespective of age, the possibility of a betrothed lady at mental and physical maturity to reject such person whom her fellow mates which they own is very slim. Things have really change now.

Yerima need to go back to Islamic schools and learn about Islamic judgement related to modern days. He should understand that not everything the Prophet (S.A.W) did he can do and their some things he did or judgement he made that might not be directly applicable in the world we live in now.

Yerima should stop using Islam to backup is selfish interest, Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) never enter car or fly an aeroplane during His life time, if Yerima is using the Prophet (S.A.W) life style as a justification, then Yerima should henceforth avoid taking vehicle or plane to abuja, Saudi, etc, he should embark on his journey either by trecking, riding Horse or Camel.

9 Likes

Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by xtremely9ja: 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
The dude is sick and his absurd defense of his actions, more disturbing is the fact that he was bold enough to say if the constitution of Nigeria do not support him he chooses the Quran over the constitution (a serving senator)!!!! shocked shocked. Well that statement sound to me more like rubbing the religious ego of some fanatics to support his myopic view and rubber stamp his unnatural craving for underage. God go help us for this country o. This guy deserve been castrated. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
maybe jarus wife is 5 yrs old undecided

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by Biodup: 12:02am On Jul 26, 2013
Senetor yediwo,
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by Brimmie(m): 2:46am On Jul 26, 2013
Pervert!! sad
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by mgbeketoto: 3:24am On Jul 26, 2013
Good for you darling YERIMA. . . ! kiss
Unlike all these USSSSSSSSSSELESS CHRISTIAN BIGOTS. . . who keep PHOCKING around. . . when their JESUS never did. . . .or so we WERE told! grin

At least the 'wife' is now 25. . .and still MARRIED TO YERIMA. . . .!
Unlike the 'CHRISITAN' wives. . .OF BATH. . .with half IKEBE in marriage. . .and half outside, doing ASSSSSSSHAWO MRS! grin
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by Vado(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Man of influence or not, delight or every woman or not, a grown a$$ adult marrying and having sexual relations with a girl of 6, 9...or 13 is still a disgusting pig with no shame to me. No moral justification for tthat kind of urge not to talk of consolidating it. Worst is if such a person was a pioneer of faith whose ways of life and teachings his followers are supposed to imbibe. Like my yoruba people would say, oun ti ko da ko da (what isn't right isn't right).
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by silat(f): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2013
domack99: Am a muslim and i must tell you this man must be a mad man, how can you compare yourself to the best of mankind, we haman only takes what we want and leave the other part of the Islamic teaching, Nigeria is secular state, the revenue given to Zafara and the northern senators comes from taxes paid buy Alcohol brewering companies, Hotels that allows fornications, banks that collected interest (riba), baba jebu companies that plays lottery and many more which Islam considered haram, if Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) were to be a life today, He will never have anything to do with that i have mentioned above, but, yet Yerima compare himself to Allah Message (S.A.W), yet cannot sacrifice the gain of this world.

If Aisha was betrothed to Prophet Mohammed at the age of 9 years, how many of his sa'aba (close followers) did it, in those days powerful and popular people are dreams of any woman irrespective of age, the possibility of a betrothed lady at mental and physical maturity to reject such person whom her fellow mates which they own is very slim. Things have really change now.

Yerima need to go back to Islamic schools and learn about Islamic judgement related to modern days. He should understand that not everything the Prophet (S.A.W) did he can do and their some things he did or judgement he made that might not be directly applicable in the world we live in now.

Yerima should stop using Islam to backup is selfish interest, Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) never enter car or fly an aeroplane during His life time, if Yerima is using the Prophet (S.A.W) life style as a justification, then Yerima should henceforth avoid taking vehicle or plane to abuja, Saudi, etc, he should embark on his journey either by trecking, riding Horse or Camel.
You are a very enlightened Muslim.
I personally believe that not everything that was obtainable in the time of old is applicable today. Not just in Arabia, all around the world child marriage was normal. But today, It is being discouraged because its obvious medical and psychological disadvantages.
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by ba7man(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2013
xtremely9ja: The dude is sick and his absurd defense of his actions, more disturbing is the fact that he was bold enough to say if the constitution of Nigeria do not support him he chooses the Quran over the constitution (a serving senator)!!!! shocked shocked. Well that statement sound to me more like rubbing the religious ego of some fanatics to support his myopic view and rubber stamp his unnatural craving for underage. God go help us for this country o. This guy deserve been castrated. embarassed embarassed embarassed
If i was present when he made that statement, I would have told him..... "Yeah, whatever floats your boat senator but just keep your hands off kids, simple".
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by biafranqueen: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2013
domack99:

Allah will bless you and yours for speaking the truth well done my Dear!
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by eagleeye2: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2013
I thought some die hard muslims said Mohammed (S A W) married Aisha as an adult and that it was Aisha who out of mischief lied that she was an under-aged girl when Mohammed married her.
I blame the massive rate iliteracy in the North. Because I don't see how idiots like Yerima can still move around after all the law he & his associates broke under The Sharia Law, while he punished the poor and allowed the rich to get away with their crime.
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by beylinko(m): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2013
Can someone please tell me what this man has being smoking? I have being tryin to figure it out but I can't.
It's a shame we have this man as a senator. He has brought more evil than good to Nigeria. We are yet to recover from sharia and now this.
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by biafranqueen: 9:11am On Jul 26, 2013
Arrest him already by the way I bet his state could have really used $100,000.00 to build a maternity ward. Or how about the predicament of the poor almajiri boys? 72.2% is the poverty rate in the North East region, the highest level of poverty in Nigeria, how can this man be bragging that he spent this type of money for a bride price, not including the wedding? embarassed
Re: Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 26, 2013
domack99: Am a muslim and i must tell you this man must be a mad man, how can you compare yourself to the best of mankind, we haman only takes what we want and leave the other part of the Islamic teaching, Nigeria is secular state, the revenue given to Zafara and the northern senators comes from taxes paid buy Alcohol brewering companies, Hotels that allows fornications, banks that collected interest (riba), baba jebu companies that plays lottery and many more which Islam considered haram, if Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) were to be a life today, He will never have anything to do with that i have mentioned above, but, yet Yerima compare himself to Allah Message (S.A.W), yet cannot sacrifice the gain of this world.

I wish someone coud tell this man all these openly, preferably, a muslim leader. Except that most are cowards.
Is Yerima a Nigerian Senator or a Muslim Senator. He stated where his loyalties lie clearly in that video.
Nigeria isn't prepared for democracy with people still thinking like Yerima, like in the fifth century, or like the Bible era. Only a foolish person do things that are unreasonable because it was done 500 centuries ago when it might have been considered reasonable.
Yerima is just making excuses, and being a Senator, he deserves to be punished.

(1) (Reply)

Stranded Boko Haram Members Eat Themselves In Forest!! / Will This Railway Carry Us Home? / 10-year-old Girl Found Wearing Explosive Device Apparatus In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.