Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,247 members, 7,867,643 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:31 PM

University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 (759 Views)

University Of Ibadan UI Post Utme 2014: Cut Off Mark, Exam Date / Sagamite Vs Cheddarking Debate! / University Of Ibadan Recommended For Admission List For The 1st Batch Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by omolomolarinero: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
Trenchard Hall at the University of Ibadan was filled to capacity last Saturday as students from the University of Ibadan (UI), Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, and University of Lagos (UNILAG) gathered to witness a debate between the three institutions. The debate, which was tagged: Clash of the Sages V, was between Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall in UI, Awolowo Hall, OAU and Mariere Hall, UNILAG.

The event, which was organised by the Literary and Debating Society of Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, was held in honour of Prof Francis Suleiman Idachaba, former Vice-Chancellor of Kogi State University, Anyigba. The topic for the debate was Secession: Panacea to Nigeria’s socio-political quagmire.

Representing Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall (UI) at the debate were Usang Enang, a 400-Level English and Literary Studies, and Adedayo Adegeye, 400-Level Biochemistry. Mariere Hall (UNILAG) was represented by Oluwatosin Adewole, 200-Level Philosophy, and Oludare Amusan. Awolowo Hall (OAU) was represented by the duo of Taiwo Ogunleye, 200-Level Law, and Tope Akinyode, 400-Level Law.

The Nnamdi Azikiwe debaters were against the motion while their counterparts in Awolowo Hall and Mariere Hall supported the motion.

READ MORE
http://whatsupibadan.com/2013/07/25/university-of-ibadan-wins-debate-clash-of-the-sages-5/

Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by buoye1(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
Gud 4 U I
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by trekkie: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
good to see students engage in cerebral activities smiley i thought all they did these days was talent hunt/dancing competitions and the like. undecided
greatest U.I
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by Nomski0(f): 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
trekkie: good to see students engage in cerebral activities smiley i thought all they did these days was talent hunt/dancing competitions and the like. undecided
You're definately right.
Mods wont put it on front page now, but if its Tonto or Davido....they'll blind us with it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by AbuMikey(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nomski0:
You're definately right.
Mods wont put it on front page now, but if its Tonto or Davido....they'll blind us with it.
Do you love being a Nairalander??
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by Nomski0(f): 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Abu Mikey: Do you love being a Nairalander??
I guess so.
Why the question?
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by AbuMikey(m): 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Secondary school days comes to mind.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by AbuMikey(m): 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nomski0:
I guess so.
Why the question?
Ok,good,am sure you know how mods like Sexkillz and Afam does things the way they like!?
So I employ you not to talk of the Mods dat way!
cool
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by Nomski0(f): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Abu Mikey: Ok,good,am sure you know how mods like Sexkillz and Afam does things the way they like!?
So I employ you not to talk of the Mods dat way!
cool

Ah! The famous threats about bans. You're scared of them?
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by AbuMikey(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nomski0:

Ah! The famous threats about bans. You're scared of them?
Not actually,I've got some other account I could use cool,but when you get urself banned on your preferred account,You won't like it one bit,that I can assure you.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by Nomski0(f): 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Abu Mikey: Not actually,I've got some other account I could use cool,but when you get urself banned on your preferred account,You won't like it one bit,that I can assure you.
Alright thanks for the heads up.

Mods....when you eventually read this, i plead guilty and ask not please ban me.
Thanks.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Debate-clash Of The SAGES 5 by AbuMikey(m): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nomski0:
Alright thanks for the heads up.

Mods....when you eventually read this, i plead guilty and ask not please ban me.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Lost $10.9 Bln To Oil Theft In Two Years !!! / Nairaland Vs !......which One Is Better? / Dog In Passenger Seat Demands Driver Holds His Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.