Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,423 members, 7,861,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

ASUU Strike: The Drama Continues... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: The Drama Continues... (544 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: The Drama Continues... by lanbaba: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2013
My elder sister was a student of UNILAG some years back. I remember hearing her lament to my parents about the setbacks ASUU was causing her and that was 12 years ago. ASUU is at work again, Fighting for the rights of university workers is a noble cause but the students that the workers devote their lives to educating are at a loss here too. Does it proves Nigerian educational sector is stagnant?

The National Executive Council (NEC) of ASUU met at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, between 28th and 29th of June 2013, to consider the results of the referendum from all branches. Due to the failure of the FG to implement the agreement reached with the union in October 2009, another round of strike action ensued.

Nigerians are currently waiting for a positive reaction from the federal government towards the strike. The strike affects every individual in Nigeria, because the youths of today are the leaders of tomorrow and if the future leaders are incapable of handling handle Nigeria’s affairs we are all doomed.

As the saying goes an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. It is always during these ASUU strikes that the number of upcoming musicians increases, flooding websites with hilarious tracks and videos, daddy’s money starts getting missing and the patronage at local bars skyrocket.

I am a product of a private university, I can’t claim to understand the pain of the students in federal schools, but I know I would be really pissed if anything or anyone tries to shift my graduation date forward.

My advise to affected students at this time is to stay calm, violence is never the answer, no drinking while driving and remember AIDS is real, if you must do it use a condom.

-By Emelifeonwu Rita

http://silverbirdtv.com/blogs/education-school/ASUU-strike-drama-continues

(1) (Reply)

NNPC/MPN Scholarship / NBA Urges ASUU Not To End Strike / NLNG 2014 Post-gradute Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.