Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

ASUU Calls Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Calls Off Strike (1856 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Calls Off Strike / BREAKING News~ASUU Calls Off Strike. / ASUU Calls Off Strike Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Calls Off Strike by Ajani2010(m): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
ASUU CALLED OFF STRIKE!
congratulations to all university students, just about an hour ago the ASUU chairman Nassir fagge broke the announcement ,which is considered a big one
for all university students. After calling off the strike, the media went ahead to ask if the federal government has met the demands of ASUU. Out of dismay,the ASUU chairman shook his head and said he was disappointed with the media more than he his with the FG,saying the media formed deaf ear to the strike, that an average Nigerian does not know why universities are on strike. He condemned the media's lack of publicity. After expressing his anger he went ahead to say that the Government is doing nothing concerning our demands, even after a closed door meeting with the education minister where the President said he has so many issues to deal with now than to start spending more money on universities . After the meeting however, the chairman of the newly formed party ACP called the chairman of ASUU to ameeting with ACN, CPC, and the AFGAN governor who promised ASUU that they would give ear to ASUU's demand and will do more-one of which every student will be given a bursary award which is to cover 50% of every student fee, that is, for spending 5 yearsin the universities. 2 years fee would be paid by FG and every student who graduates with 1st class would stand a chance to do their masters in canada, while those with 2:1 would continue their study in south Africa respectively. Also, salary of VC'swould be increased by 50%. After this meeting, the ASUU chairman called off the strike asking all students to resume at their various schools on the first week of June 2015, that about 2 yearstime, of course after voting in ACP. Its so sad that you sat down and read all this poo, that means you are jobles.Men, go find work. This strike would last more than we thought.
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Excelboi(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
I dont like talking to people negatively but why re you so st**id. This doesnt look funny.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Valentinooo: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Excelboi: I dont like talking to people negatively but why re you so st**id. This doesnt look funny.

pls don't insult him cos it's not his fault. If he had been in class since recieving lectures, do you think he will have the time to compose all this??
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by praiseeva(f): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
I almost fell 4 dis wen i had nt read d whole story I was happy tinkin its true
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by mancheeutd(m): 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
@ op you are a big foo.l
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by yetunde01(f): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Admin remove this thread
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Ajani2010(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
praiseeva: I almost fell 4 dis wen i had nt read d whole story I was happy tinkin its true
u feel 4 it not almost
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Ajani2010(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
yetunde01: Admin remove this thread
have fun my dear while d strike last
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Omexonomy: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
@op did you fall from a high tension pole? I hope not. Go and tell ur APC PAIN KILLER that fashole and tinubu increased the amount of lasu fees from 25k to 300k.
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by premlove(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
Thunder go strike u d way ASUU dey strike idiot
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Ajani2010(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
prem love: Thunder go strike u d way ASUU dey strike idiot
my friend we are not fighting na
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by efe19(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ajani2010: ASUU CALLED OFF STRIKE!
congratulations to all university students, just about an hour ago the ASUU chairman Nassir fagge broke the announcement ,which is considered a big one
for all university students. After calling off the strike, the media went ahead to ask if the federal government has met the demands of ASUU. Out of dismay,the ASUU chairman shook his head and said he was disappointed with the media more than he his with the FG,saying the media formed deaf ear to the strike, that an average Nigerian does not know why universities are on strike. He condemned the media's lack of publicity. After expressing his anger he went ahead to say that the Government is doing nothing concerning our demands, even after a closed door meeting with the education minister where the President said he has so many issues to deal with now than to start spending more money on universities . After the meeting however, the chairman of the newly formed party ACP called the chairman of ASUU to ameeting with ACN, CPC, and the AFGAN governor who promised ASUU that they would give ear to ASUU's demand and will do more-one of which every student will be given a bursary award which is to cover 50% of every student fee, that is, for spending 5 yearsin the universities. 2 years fee would be paid by FG and every student who graduates with 1st class would stand a chance to do their masters in canada, while those with 2:1 would continue their study in south Africa respectively. Also, salary of VC'swould be increased by 50%. After this meeting, the ASUU chairman called off the strike asking all students to resume at their various schools on the first week of June 2015, that about 2 yearstime, of course after voting in ACP. Its so sad that you sat down and read all this poo, that means you are jobles.Men, go find work. This strike would last more than we thought.
[/color][color=#770077]see ur eye like GO THINK ABOUT UR LIFE
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by moshoodn(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
Joblessness
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by IamEmy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
TFU
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by propzncribz: 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lol funny
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Bakare19: 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2013
When will some people grow-up na?This is simply childish,the op should go and get a job. . .
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Nomski0(f): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
So you sat down and painfully typed this garbage then re-read it just to tell people that they're jobless for reading this trash you lead us to with your deceiving topic?
Guy.....you havent graduated from Yaba left o, i suggest you go back and get your degree properly examined.
Re: ASUU Calls Off Strike by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
Are u crazy or sumfinu dis stupid wanna be!!!

(1) (Reply)

The 5 Most Common Public Speaking Myths / What Ceritificate Are Equivalent To A Level GCE In Nigeria / FUNAAB Postgraduate Courses Available – 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.