Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday (15442 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Osun Government Provides Free Train Service For Sallah / Lagos - Kano Train: 43 Hours Journey, Declining Passenger Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
Samson Echenim on July 26, 2013 - 5:31am

The Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC), yesterday, commenced operation of a third train service on the Lagos-Kano rail line lifting over 1000 passengers, their personal effects.

The train left Lagos at 12 noon to Kano after it was unveiled by the corporation’s board chairman, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje.

“Regarding passenger services, we are today increasing the capacity of our train service between Lagos and Kano by this additional train service to complement our current weekly Lagos-Kano-Lagos, Lagos to Illorin/Offa to Kano and Minna to Kaduna intercity trains, and in no time, the frequency of other services, carriage capacity and speed of these services will be stepped up,” the NRC managing director, Engr. Adeseyi Sijuwade said.

The NRC boss further disclosed that the corporation’s Capacity Enhancement Programme (CEP) began this week withthe haulage of bran and wheat flour for Dufil Prima Foods (maker of Indomie noodles), with 436 tonnes of the product expected to be lifted weekly from Apapa to Kaduna.

Sijuwade said that the corporation would also start haulage of container freight from APM Terminal in Apapa Port to Inland Container Nigeria Ltd (ICNL) container depot in Kaduna and Kano, confirming earlier report by LEADERSHIP.

The NRC boss stressed his commitment to protect the railway infrastructures nationwide and appealed to the federal government to assist in providing more coaches, wagons and locomotives for the corporation

http://leadership.ng/news/260713/3rd-lagos-kano-train-service-begins

4 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
With this passegers' movement will now increase from 3000 to 5000 per week along the route. And with this some people can begin to reason that GEJ is actually working.

9 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

The NRC boss further disclosed that the corporation’s Capacity Enhancement Programme (CEP) began this week withthe haulage of bran and wheat flour for Dufil Prima Foods (maker of Indomie noodles), with 436 tonnes of the product expected to be lifted weekly from Apapa to Kaduna.

I hope those who are clueless about the direction of the TRANSFORMATION TRAIN are taking note.

8 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
Where's the yeye train? sad

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by ayusco85(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goodluck is working. I can feel the fresh air already
Wow, A̶̲̥̅♏ fourth to comment. I knew one day i will get to the promise land.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by ugoezeb(m): 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Gud report 4rm GEJ. We love GEJ

4 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
scipher: Where's the train? sad
Check you pocket

11 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by badmeat(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
GEJ!come 2015,more dividends of fresh air

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Omexonomy: 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I hope those who are clueless about the direction of the TRANSFORMATION TRAIN are taking note.
gej is doing more than his best to make the yoruba people and hausa/fulani people happy at the cost of the happiness of other tribe yet they are sad by calling him all kind of names they cannot call their father. I pity nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omexonomy: gej is doing more than his best to make the yoruba people and hausa/fulani people happy at the cost of the happiness of other tribe yet they are sad by calling him all kind of names they cannot call their father. I pity nigeria.
Some people just hate the president. That notwithstanding, the president is focused on implementing his plans and programmes for the Nigerian people, from north to south

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
I can see some haters heading towards Oga Rat Poison shop to buy and drink rat poison because of this good news . Fresh air till Biafra come! Oya haters kill yourselves!

6 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by awodman: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
In this administration when govt says "TO" they eventually "DO"...that's the difference...Fresh air keep blowing ooooo

6 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Standing5(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
Why not use those old coaches for cargo movement instead of taking us back some 20-30 yrs? can;t our Fed Govt manage to buy brand new coaches?

8 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Gej is working haters keep hating.......@sincere 9gerian i dey hail

1 Like

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by stebell(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
@ OP i jus want to commend yu for de gud job u're doing. The more haters criticize, de more yu keep feeding us wit projects being achieved by GEJ and his transformation team of ministers. Remain bless ma man.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
This may slowly put some Logistics companies (dealing in long-distance freight) out of business.
Good move all the same.
Hope its more modern-looking infrastructure and not those "locomotives" I see along Oshodi / Yaba railway! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Aleeyouchalawa(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Samson Echenim on July 26, 2013 - 5:31am

The Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC), yesterday, commenced operation of a third train service on the Lagos-Kano rail line lifting over 1000 passengers, their personal effects.

The train left Lagos at 12 noon to Kano after it was unveiled by the corporation’s board chairman, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje.

“Regarding passenger services, we are today increasing the capacity of our train service between Lagos and Kano by this additional train service to complement our current weekly Lagos-Kano-Lagos, Lagos to Illorin/Offa to Kano and Minna to Kaduna intercity trains, and in no time, the frequency of other services, carriage capacity and speed of these services will be stepped up,” the NRC managing director, Engr. Adeseyi Sijuwade said.

Sijuwade said that the corporation would also start haulage of container freight from APM Terminal in Apapa Port to Inland Container Nigeria Ltd (ICNL) container depot in Kaduna and Kano, confirming earlier report by LEADERSHIP.

The NRC boss stressed his commitment to protect the railway infrastructures nationwide and appealed to the federal government to assist in providing more coaches, wagons and locomotives for the corporation

Nidai ina ruwana, LADAN nake jira yanzu haka

1 Like

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by sureway1(m): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
Please help us post weekly schedule time..4rm lagos to kano..
Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Omexonomy: 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
vivacious vivi: This may slowly put some Logistics companies (dealing in long-distance freight) out of business.
Good move all the same.
Hope its more modern-looking infrastructure and not those "locomotives" I see along Oshodi / Yaba railway! cheesy
i saw trains with old coaches dating back as far as 192o in india using caol to run it and the people their never complain one bit. Is nigeria richer than india or india richer than nigeria?

1 Like

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by supaeagles(m): 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omexonomy: i saw trains with old coaches dating back as far as 192o in india using caol to run it and the people their never complain one bit. Is nigeria richer than india or india richer than nigeria?
in the 70s/80s hell no ... today - hell yeah .. undecided

I agree with you - this train service is a great achievement of the admin/transport ministry/railway authority. We cannot rely on air/road transportation alone
Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by realone2012: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
K
Still waitn for a rail way in Badagry Badly tho...
Badagry toooooooo Maiduguri. :PK
*checks time* #Iftar soon#:PK

1 Like

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Myself2(m): 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
[size=14pt]FRESH AIR[/size]

GEJ's transformation agenda is on course

Cynics take note

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Myself2(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
Imagine the relief.From one company alone,436 tonnes of weight that would have been on the Oshodi Apapa road,with the attendant traffic is now taken off

Well done GEJ

4 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Myself2(m): 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
realone2012: K

*checks time* #Iftar soon#:PK

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by ichidodo: 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
So who will be beneficiaries of this transformation? is it those people that hardly travel out of their enclave in the South west or those people who live and do businness in every part of the country, Kano inclusive? FRESH AIR.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by lakad4u(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
Dancing alingo with parongo, first page things and first to comment. ....
Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by lekanaramideh: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
I do have scintilla of doubt on the maintenance and longevity of this awesome development.
Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by Smooyis(m): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omexonomy: i saw trains with old coaches dating back as far as 192o in india using caol to run it and the people their never complain one bit. Is nigeria richer than india or india richer than nigeria?
Why cant we think of emulating better people or things?

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by point5: 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Welcom developmtt
Re: 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday by chrissy365: 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Standing5: Why not use those old coaches for cargo movement instead of taking us back some 20-30 yrs? can;t our Fed Govt manage to buy brand new coaches?

i was expecting something like this. Your negative mindset is also killing our economy if you didn't know. Smh for people like you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onitsha Port Concessioned To 2 Firms, May Commence Operations This Year - NIWA / Reno Omokri Blasts Chris Ngige Over 'Clap For Buhari' Comment / No Fresh Probe Of Adesina - AfDB Board Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.