Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,733 members, 7,840,843 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

How Do I Have Improve My Learning Skills - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Have Improve My Learning Skills (1223 Views)

20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life / Education And Learning Skills Acquisition, Which Is Better? / Improve Your Career By Becoming A Better Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Have Improve My Learning Skills by oluomok(m): 3:05pm On May 27, 2008
Great Ways To Improve Learning - At Any Age!

In the past, we might have had the idea that learning is something that occurs during the earlier stages of life, and finishes when our formal schooling ends. Now we know that this is far from the truth - learning really is a life long process. Here are some great and easy tips to help you improve your learning, whether formal (at school) or informal.

1. To improve learning, keep in mind that the one benefiting from your learning is you. Try to tell yourself every day that this is true; keep this one idea foremost in your mind. Why? We all learn and work better when we are motivated, and our own well being is happens to be one of the most powerful motivators. If you always tell yourself or feel that learning is work that you undertake on your own behalf, chances are you will have a positive attitude toward the work.

2. Repeat what you have learned. To improve learning and comprehension, keep in mind that hearing or reading something only once is very seldom enough. If you learn something interesting and new in class, repeat it to yourself later in the day, or write it down and reivew it a few days later. This helps you to form strong pathways in the mind that will allow you to access this information whenever you need it.

3. Remember to always ask questions. This is another great way to improve learning by making the material you have learned your very own and personal. People learn in many differnt ways, so in a school or work setting, those in charge have to decide on a method that will hopefully work for most people. If it does not work for you, it does not mean that you lack the capacity to understand what is being taught. It just means you might have to approach it in a slightly different way or be shown the information in a different way to fully understand what is being taught.

4. Talk about and discuss what you have learned. When you learn something in school or on the job, be sure to talk about it with your friends, family and colleagues. This is a very potent way to improve learning, because we all remember things better when there is repetition. Also, the very act of explaining something to others can improve your own understanding of it a great deal.

5. Take good or better care of yourself. Finally, one of the most important and underlooked ways that you can improve learning and mental capacity is by taking good care of your physical and psychological wellbeing - be sure that you get enough rest and exercise each day, in other words, take care of your general health. If you do so, you will have the mental clarity necessary to learn and remember almost anything that is required. Make sure you are getting you daily nutritional requirements as many vitamins and minerals are essential for mental clarity and function.

(1) (Reply)

Organisations Employing Cisa Holders In Nigeria / Project Management Training Facilitator Needed(oil And Gas) / ITIL Training And Certification - How It Increases Your Credibility?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.