Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos (8878 Views)

Mob Killed And Burnt Barber In Abuja Over N10 (photo) / Man Stabbed At Cele Bus-stop, Egbeda (Photos) / Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by olillywales(m): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
A 24-year-old man, Kunle Oyebanji has been charged before Ejigbo Magistrates’ court in Lagos for allegedly stabbing a retailer, Umoru Musa, over N10 cigarette.

Oyebanji was charged with assault and refusing to pay for a stick of cigarette to Musa who sells provisions at 1, Pipeline Street, Idimu, Lagos.
Narrating what happened, Musa said Oyebanji usually buys provisions from him on credit. But after some months, Musa said he stopped selling to him when he refused to pay his debts and threatened him whenever he asked for his money.

On the fateful day, Musa said the suspect came to his kiosk and demanded for a stick cigarette but herefused to sell to him. But instead of leaving, Musa alleged that Oyebanji forcefully picked the cigarette and smoked at the kiosk.
Musa alleged that Oyebanji refused to pay for the cigarette when he demanded for his money. Instead, Oyebanji became angry and questioned Musa for asking him for the money.

In annoyance it was alleged that Oyebanji brought out a knife from his pocket and stabbed Musa several times.
When Musa began to bleed and slump, Oyebani allegedly fled from the scene of the incident. The matter was reported at Idimu Police Division, while Musa was rushed to a nearby hospital in the area.
Oyebanji was later arrested and charged to court. When he was arraigned in court, he pleaded not guilty.

Oyebanji admitted that he went to Musa’s kiosk to buy cigarette on credit but he promised to pay him. Hesaid the problem began when Musa insisted that he must pay him before leaving the kiosk .

Oyebanji said he explained to him that he had no money on him but Musa insisted on collecting his money.
The suspect said the argument resulted in exchange of words and a fight between them. The presiding magistrate, Mr P. E. Nwaka, granted Oyebanji bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum.
The matter was adjourned till 14 August.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/07/26/man-stabbed-over-n10/
www.metronaija.com/photo-man-stabbed-over-n10/

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Adufaye(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Naija I hale
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by stonemind(f): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
hahahhahhahahhahhaahhahhahhahahh pls i need a permission to laugh in SPANISH
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lol! Musa still looks fainty, Nna odikwa risky.
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Smart9(m): 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
He must be high on some cheap shit.
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by egift(m): 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
stone-mind:
hahahhahhahahhahhaahhahhahhahahh pls i need a permission to laugh in SPANISH

Am still try to imagine the part that is funny.
#KidsEverywhere

OP: Hope the junky is arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 27, 2013

I'm horñý.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Havilah93(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2013
Ni99a moment sad
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by SlyIg(f): 10:45am On Jul 27, 2013
Is cigar this cheap?
No wonder many nairalanders smoke it too early before coming online...

3 Likes

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by koolet: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2013
Fedral ministry of health NOW warns That TOBBACO retailers are now liable to DIE young.... As it now contains 40% of STAB-otine resulting to agressiveness in fustrated consumers....

5 Likes

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Abeg this story no worth front page, Go for phone section and bring up,

All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) - Phones - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1363529/all-data-users-wake-up
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by tommykiwi(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2013
Where him go get #50,000 from for him bail when him no fit pay common #10 for cigarette when him buy? Naija una pass abeg....

2 Likes

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Fadelex(m): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2013
SimonAndal:
I'm horñý.
no fence for your house? if there isn't just get an hammer and make a hole by ur room.... your problem will be solved
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Temismith(f): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2013
The federal ministry of health warns that, Smokers are liable to die youngundecided
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by sanklose: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2013
after stabing sumone severally,you still claim nt guilty...... the man should be remanded to rot in jail where he wuld finally loose his addiction 4 Tobbaco
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by shewanna: 10:56am On Jul 27, 2013
Cigarette na food? Why would someone buy that on credit. Oyebanji sef, Still had the gut to stab Musa on top his money #TeamOgboju........ I hereby sentence him to 10 years imprisonment cos there will be free poo food for him there since he can't afford to buy cash and carry 4m Musa. I rise!! COURT!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by cheddarking(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2013
50k bail? shocked
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by IAMBREEZY: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2013
O boY,no be small thing o
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by anddy4sunny: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2013
egift:

Am still try to imagine the part that is funny.
#KidsEverywhere

OP: Hope the junky is arrested.
. no part is funny my guy
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by DEGREE2466(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2013
That's Arrogance of the highest order
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by kingthreat(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2013
Bail of 50,000 for a case of attempted murder? Very ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2013
Temismith: The federal ministry of health warns that, Smokers are liable to die youngundecided
abeg who ciga no go kill, he no go kill..
Baba Samodi for my street na 92 yrs & he dey smoke like 3 packs a day, that man never for oneday get malaria..
Leave matter jare

1 Like

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by deolu2000(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2013
My people having a saying that it's what a man likes to eat that kills him.this guy must have overlooked the fact that smokers are liable to die young,but look at how he died.may God forgive us all
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by tana4gud(f): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2013
Thank God say dey noh even blame devil dis tym... Aboki sorry eehn
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by mydi(f): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2013
deolu2000: My people having a saying that it's what a man likes to eat that kills him.this guy must have overlooked the fact that smokers are liable to die young,but look at how he died.may God forgive us all
pls next tym attempt 2 read d story b4 commenting.

4 Likes

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Lifebender(m): 11:37am On Jul 27, 2013
SlyIg: Is cigar this cheap?
For you to know,i bet u've a friend that smoke suchcheesycheesycheesy grin
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by pekelepekele(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2013
But i don't think the justice try at all , bail a criminal that almost stabbed someone to death with N50k ? undecided
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by kayClt(f): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
SlyIg: Is cigar this cheap?
i totally agree wit u. Dis person seems to be one of dem angry
SimonAndal:
I'm horñý.

3 Likes

Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by Chiscomax(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
boys dey vex, igbo don take their brain go
Re: Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos by airfinance(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
you wan kill aboki,thank God say e no succeed else i for no see aboki cut my nails again.u for hear say they go strike

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Night Guard Was Brutalized And Burnt To Death In Warri. / Two Policemen Killed In Lagos, Gunmen Escape With Their Rifles / Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.