Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,268 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. (17236 Views)

Rivers: 9 PDP Governorship Aspirants Disown Wike / Rivers: 9 PDP Governorship Aspirants Reconcile With Wike / APC To Recieve 21 PDP Governorship Aspirants In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Donchyke39(m): 7:27am On Jul 27, 2013
Two members of the House of Representatives who are equally aspirants in the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State, Hon. Mrs. Uche Ekwunife and Hon. Afam Ogene, were on Friday involved in an auto accident in which they narrowly escaped death.

Ekwunife who is the Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Environment along with Ogene, Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs were in a Lexus bullet-proof jeep travelling from Abuja to the East when the accident occurred along the airport road within the federal capital territory, FCT in the early hours of Friday.

The lawmakers who were injured in the crash are said to be receiving treatment at the National Hospital, Abuja where they were rushed to after the crash.

An eyewitness account disclosed that the vehicle swerved and somersaulted several times before landing in a ditch by the side of the airport road. The aspirants and their driver were immediately moved to the hospital by men of the Federal Road Safety Corps.

The accounts said the accident occurred as the driver was trying to avoid collision with a fuel tanker.

When contacted, Hon. Ekwunife described the incident as a miraculous survival. “I thank God for His mercies and grace upon my life and the lives of everyone in the vehicle. Seeing the car alone you will not believe that the occupants survived. But all of us are in very stable condition. I am very grateful to God for His mercies”, Ekwunife said.

Her driver, Mr. Ejidike said “I believe it was madam’s act of kindness that made God save all of us. Before we left the house this morning, madam, in her usual kindness gave money to everybody including her neighbours’ gatemen who saw her when she was leaving. The gate men rained prayers of God’s divine protection on her.”

In his reaction, Hon. Ogene thanked God for sparing their lives from the snare of death. He said only the hand of God could have been responsible for saving people from accidents such as this.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/gov-aspirants-in-auto-crash/

2 Likes

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 27, 2013
ThankGod oh
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by almujeebe(m): 7:45am On Jul 27, 2013
just cos they are destined not to die by road accident or they still av some mission to fulfill.
anyway thank God for saving them this time
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by AustineE1: 7:52am On Jul 27, 2013
Chine'du ndigbo na emela aye ifeoma!!! Jisinike na epele.

1 Like

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2013
Good to know they survived.
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by greatgod2012(f): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2013
Thank God they survived!

If they didnt, i trust my people,they would have credited it to "the handiwork of the opponents".
My people, i hail una o

1 Like

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by pistol: 8:25am On Jul 27, 2013
Wow..
Thank God that the survived.
Must have been the handwork of their political opponents..
Okija thingx
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by koolet: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2013
Meehn their JAZZ strong oo see juju-trick?? cheesy even James Bond sef wuld never had survived That...
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Ymodulus: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2013
[size=20pt]NA JAZZZ OOOOOOO. [/size]
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by emmanuel4758(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2013
th.ank god for u
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by koolet: 10:40am On Jul 27, 2013
almujeebe: just cos they are destined not to die by road accident or they still av some mission to fulfill.
anyway thank God for saving them this time
ogbeni spare us the sermon ave seen a woman survived a bomb blast gave testimonies nd got blasted a week later in maiduguri ..anything can kill let dm go nd stand on express nd see wat wuld happen....
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2013
God must be sue for allowing damages on the aspirant car.
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by alphaconde(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2013
God continues to give these politicians chances After another... Make nigeria better or nigeriA will consume u All. This may b d last chance.

1 Like

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2013
But the plate number is a private one. I do not think that was a new Lexus product.I know airport road well, there is no part of the highway like this.

Anyway, I thank my Jesus!
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by chocopearl(f): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2013
All thanks be to God for sparing their lives
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by otokx(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2013
The driver should not over speed next time.

1 Like

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Youngzedd(m): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2013
Ymodulus: [size=20pt]NA JAZZZ OOOOOOO. [/size]

[size=15pt]ONYE NKA KWA OSI GINI?[/size]

Park well make we hear word.
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Youngtekkey(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2013
tank God For SpeariNG Their Lifes This Is Ur Last Chance Ooooo Change For Good
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by SlyIg(f): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2013
Oga Driver, na God help you o . It has nothing to do with your oga madam sharing stolen money to everyone including her neighbours.
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by ZUBY77(m): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2013
Bunch of backward moroooons with poverty infested and religiously brainwashed heads.

If such accident happened in Europe or US, check the kind of comments people would write.

As a driver, you dont swerve SUVs or Buses due to their heights. Jesus has nothing to do with vehicles, he used horses during his time here.

We are supposed to be discussing on how to avoid such occurences, not shouting ' thank you Jesus and Allah' all over the internet invented by men.

They survived to die another day. That is the fate of all humans.

6 Likes

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Temismith(f): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2013
Dis is serious oo
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Maranzano(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2013
Thank God for sparing their lives. I hope it was not caused by over speeding.Some politicians drive as if they are immortals. I was practically forced out of that airport road one day by politicians hurrying to the airport. Most of them have no regard for traffic rules and their activities are not within the scope of Road Safety officials. Accident can be caused by bad road but the most fatal of them result from reckless driving and over speeding on good roads. I am looking forward to the day that our politicians will start obeying traffic rules and consider other road users too. It doesn't matter how sophisticated your vehicle is, even bomb-proof vehicles can crash and kill their occupants. Once again thank God for Madam Ekwunife and her co-travelers

1 Like

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by SkyRider1(m): 11:10am On Jul 27, 2013
This is a clear case of mishandling a machine. Overspeeding and abrupt manuvering of an SUV.

FRSC shd take in the driver for endangering other road users lives.

Madam and Oga are equally culpable for not cautioning their driver.
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2013
Another 40something million naira bulletproof Jeep coming. How much to renovate primary schools for dia constituencies. People blood dey cry o!
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Vanityupnvanity(m): 11:31am On Jul 27, 2013
Eyya! Both are legislators, both are governorship aspirants 4rm anambra state, trvelling 2geda. Then they must be good friends.
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by kenjudy(m): 11:32am On Jul 27, 2013
Austine.E:

What is dis one writing? Oga igbo man, if u no sabi write ur papa language just park well. No mislead young igbo's dat are willing to learn abeg.

1 Like

Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by slap1(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2013
Austine.E:
Nwanne, Igbo nke gi a kpukwa oku n'onu o!
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by brighter: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2013
The driver should be cautioned, they drive as if their life has spare when carrying a politician. He is here praising madam for sharing stolen money, if they have died his story would have changed to 'it's political enemies'
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by dridowu: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2013
Thank God no life was lost
Re: Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash. by Nightshift(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2013
Austine.E:
Chi n'edu Ndigbo na- emere anyi ihe oma! Jisie nu ike na - ekpere!

We must not allow our language die! Igbo amaka!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra / UK Appeals To Nigeria To Abolish Death Penalty / Ebelechukwu Obiano Visits Woman Who Gave Birth To Quintuplets In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.