Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments (26976 Views)

Fuel Scarcity; Nigerian Celebrities Now Rolling In Keke Napeps And Okadas.photos / Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investment / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by immortalcrown(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
No condition is permanent and there is no champion forever. The rich man of yesterday that became poor today can become rich again. I do not believe in 'opportunity comes but once'.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by yim(f): 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
for someone like OJB his daughter's heart illness took away almost everything he had. I don't blame him because he spent alot thaj Kanu heart foundation had to help him. The girl died and left him broke.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by victorazy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Vivly: Nice write up. Sound sultan would have been in the list if not for God's intervention.

I couldn't find the name STYL PLUS on the list.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Vansnickers: 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
d.j bazz:
Yea dis a nice post but pls note that most of this a.j guys you named made big names but never made money.. The music indu was not this big during there days

Very True. It's unfair to compare these guys with the Musicians of Today. Back in the day, these Musicians made Peanuts.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by alphaconde(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
Has azadus paid that bike man

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Ernestjar(m): 11:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
feel 4 Black..would like and appreciate if Tubaba would rememba old times & sign B....face in his record label.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
In my word I've gotta say... They didn't make a enough to sustain their fake borrowed lifestyle.

When someone that never had nada sees up to 150 million Naira which I doubt is up to $1M in his/her bank account he feels like he got 150 billion USD. Despite the fact that none of them pays due taxes.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by tutu1: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
LOL YOU ARE WICKED
Vivly: Nice write up. Sound sultan would have been in the list if not for God's intervention.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Caseless: 12:01am On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88:

Professor. At least one gbagaun resides in your post.
hahahahaha.....'very enlighten'.......i'm enlighten!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 30, 2013

I doubt it. That guy get sense die. He doesn't drink or smoke, na very simple guy,very very simple dude
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Celepope: 12:03am On Jul 30, 2013
Why is this trend common amongst Delta state musicians?Of all the 12 musicians mentioned in this article 6 of them are Deltans
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by alphaconde(m): 12:07am On Jul 30, 2013
Cele-pope:
Why is this trend common amongst Delta state musicians?Of all the 12 musicians mentioned in this article 6 of them are Deltans

Lemme call uduaghan, mhumhun
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 30, 2013
Apart from Ekwe and Majek,all the guys on that list didn't make up to 10million in their days.. How much dem get from their album sales?? Which show dem call dem? Blackface was a plague to alot of promoters cos of his radical and anti government lyrics (i love his ghetto child album sha) . Soul E would have made money but he stupidly left Ure,that chic's got connect and would have been a positive influence in his life. Even at that,his album sale was very poor,e no reach 50k.. OJB made music when it wasn't financially rewarding.. Marvelous benji didn't make money even with his sign up with Kennis music.. Eddy remedy was a very good act,I remember his song "achorongi".. That guy is good but talent wasn't enough,he messed up a lot of things...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Caseless: 12:13am On Jul 30, 2013
LesbianBoy: The guy who put omo baba olowo among the artist who need to read this thread should pls remove his name from there! This thread is not for Davido because HE CAN'T BE POOR AGAIN! As you all know already, his father is a BILLIONAIRE who has lots of solid invesments apart from that his 2 sisters are MULTI-MILLIONAIRES so as his 2 brothers! He also has a RICH uncle, cousins! So even though he is broke today he can go to them for help!
do u think davido wish this fate should befall him? If his dad was that outlandish and extravaggant, i'm sure he wldn't have accreted much wealth as it is. And if u think he cant be broke, then refer to micheal jackson; he cud not pay some money he was owing b4 his death.....dnt forget wetin court cases do d guy(mj).
Davido in his song 'all of u', he said 'back then in my father's house and now i'm 19 and i'm richer than...richer than.... '. From this line u shld knw d young man wanna b independent. This he said when he was hosted on ndani tv.

Wake up!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Caseless: 12:27am On Jul 30, 2013
strangest: @op why can't you put the names in bold..
are u blind? I'm sure u did not read anything in the post. And somebody 'like' this post u have here. Sms!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 30, 2013
caseless: are u blind? I'm sure u did not read anything in the post. And somebody 'like' this post u have here. Sms!

I modified the thread for easier legibility after he and others posted their complaints. smiley
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Caseless: 12:32am On Jul 30, 2013
Cholls: .
guy, u have nothing in 'bold'. Check ur post and see that it was not properly done.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Caseless: 12:35am On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88:

I modified the thread for easier legibility after he and others posted their complaints. smiley
haba? Then i must have adressed my post to the wrong person. I dey very sorry and i hope he sees ur reply. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Borat1: 12:37am On Jul 30, 2013
Sorry but I don't know who the phuck Fada U-turn was even when he was supposedly famous
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Caseless: 12:43am On Jul 30, 2013
rigormortis: Most of these pipoo are still better off than mr. OP though
and who told u the op wrote that article? Did tha op say he's a celebrity? Mr op is better than u in this case.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 30, 2013
~Borat~:
Sorry but I don't know who the phuck Fada U-turn was even when he was supposedly famous

Don't stress ur tiny brain nau,u were obviously not born then,ok?
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by Caseless: 1:23am On Jul 30, 2013
ogugua88: .
the guy placed side-by-side to ur pic is he ur husband? Hmmmm....ibo pple get dis kain guys wel-wel.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by sobastical: 1:48am On Jul 30, 2013

E remain small for the guy even His brother baba dee..both of them are doing well sha
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by sobastical: 1:50am On Jul 30, 2013
~Borat~:

Abegii, park well jare....shey cos internet don dey cheap and u don dey use one kin java phone u wan come dey form 4 here...probably u weren't mature enough when the guy was in limelight....relax your medular

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by sobastical: 1:52am On Jul 30, 2013
tobechi74: No paragraph....cant read dis

Then close your eyes. Lol
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by sobastical: 1:56am On Jul 30, 2013
Isiterere: Very insightful, enlighten and informative but poorly and grammatically arranged.
OP you can do better nah, Don't be lazy next time.
1000 strokes of aboki-bulala for you.

And you for correcting him in the public, one mopol slap and 2 army slap on your face. That's all
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by sobastical: 2:08am On Jul 30, 2013
victorazy:

I couldn't find the name STYL PLUS on the list.

Cos they didn't make much money and ain't broke too!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by sobastical: 2:09am On Jul 30, 2013
alpha conde: Has azadus paid that bike man

Bro, you'd had a good memory... I could remember that picture posted here he was holding a small nylon like it contained garri cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by xykms101: 2:12am On Jul 30, 2013
caseless: hahahahaha.....'very enlighten'.......i'm enlighten!
please Mr, how is very enlightened a grammatical error?
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by xykms101: 2:14am On Jul 30, 2013
caseless: the guy placed side-by-side to ur pic is he ur husband? Hmmmm....ibo pple get dis kain guys wel-wel.
Stop being a gasbag Man.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Now Poor Due To Bad Investments by franklampard082(m): 2:31am On Jul 30, 2013
@OP, God will punish u for using OJB as example. When and where did u see him living extravagantly? This is a young man that tried his best with the money that he had to get better but I am sure that the OP doesn't understand how expensive dialysis, surgery and treatment for kidney diseases are. Just pray it never befalls you or any of ur family member.
I can't speak for any of the other artistes mentioned but what I can say is that most musicians we had back den went into music purely for the love of it. There wasn't much money in it. No endorsements, no foreign collabos and recognition, no great paying shows like star trek, the one's sponsored by glo, ETISALAT and the rest no freebies. All they had was just the local fame that our local stations bestowed on dem. At the end, most didn't really have much to fall back on after all the meagre earnings.
Things are much different now so u should stop comparing what happened to the old school artists to what's happening to the new one's
Celebrities actually thrive on public appeal. They've gotta look good, smell good, talk good, be seen at lavish places, live in the best houses, roll with well-to-do people etc cuz these are some of the ways they promote themselves. It's not as if all of them enjoy throwing money away, but as a celeb, u've gotta live up to ur status else, brands and fans will run away from u.
No one wants to be associated with a broke person talk more of a broke celebrity

PEACE!!!.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mavin's Rema Covers Tushmagazine New Issue / Tiwa Savage Stuns In Gucci Outfit At Soundcity MVP Awards (photos) / Tayo Sobola Dazzles In Pink Sheer Lace Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.