Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Suspending Troublesome Users - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Suspending Troublesome Users (1056 Views)

When GOD Blessed You With Troublesome Kid / Nairaland Most Troublesome Member / Why Do Nairalanders Think I'm Troublesome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspending Troublesome Users by Seun(m): 4:07am On Aug 23, 2005
Hello,

When a particular user is keeps disobeying the rules and wasting the time of the moderators, the next course of action is a suspension which means you won't be able to post or send PMs for a while.

When you are suspended posting on the Nairaland Forum, you're not being punished, because you're not a child. Rather, when we suspend you, we're merely trying to reduce our workload. The administrator does not like to have to spend so many hours every day deleting and modifying posts just because some people don't want to follow our clear rules and regulations!

Our software has been updated to enable us to ban people for as little as one hour (for nairaland addicts) and as long as several weeks or months, depending on the severity of the offence.

The user suspension feature is available for a reason, and it will be used!

Thanks,
Seun.

1 Like

Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by hotangel2(f): 4:29am On Aug 23, 2005
Alright Admin, This is part of fun. Suspending will actually reduce the time i spend on here, although i ain't planning to be suspended. smiley
Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by Adetola(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2005
It's a good and welcome initiative. I like it and keep up the good work
Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by thelastdon(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2005
Its a nice idea to warn people........ but it would be better if you are told (warned) before your suspended........ am just expressing my ideas lipsrsealed
Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by nferyn(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2005
I agree with thelastdon. Maybe give a warning first and only suspend if an infraction follows.
Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by Seun(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2006
When you warn people, most of the time they will want to argue with you. Or Nferyn, are you volunteering to be the one in charge of warning people?

I feel it's better to give a suspension even if it's just for an hour or two. If people cannot obey the clearly written rules of the forum, they will not obey any warning. It's important to send the message that Nairaland is not a lawless land like, well, the Nigeria of the past. Now I'm sounding like a cop!
Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by thelastdon(m): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2006
This Man Self, Every body are complaining about this your banning and unbanning, You had better do something,

I am serious about this, Please dont bann me oh!
Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by nferyn(m): 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2006
Seun:

When you warn people, most of the time they will want to argue with you. Or Nferyn, are you volunteering to be the one in charge of warning people?
Possibly, depends on what the specific boundaries of the moderation would be. By having 2 or 3 moderators per sub-board, you can monitor traffic (and possible violations) without too much trouble
Re: Suspending Troublesome Users by EddyTells(m): 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2006
Nferyn in charge of banning people  grin grin grin

What an irony.
He who fights the most is now to be made a peace maker  grin grin grin grin IMAO  grin grin grin grin IMDO grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

2 Messages?? / Visit Nairalist For Jobs, Flats, Cars, Laptops, Wives / zzzzzzzzzz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.