Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,872 members, 7,855,567 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (13386 Views)

Ex-militants Warn APC, Buhari / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News / Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
The so called non-governmental organizations are nothing else but collection of frustrated Nigerians, both Nigeri-Deltans and non Niger-Deltans. They are unemployed, frustrated and have lost hope in living a decent life in Nigeria.
Politicians noticed their weariness, so they employed them to be their GUN(instruments they use to vex/show off their political anger and frustration to whoever they want, just like Buhari is doing with boko haram).
Why don't I believe in these sets of non governmental organizations? I don't believe in them because they were there when all this started. They don't really care for ND people as they claim. They must be doing/after something else. Wasn't it PEJ the she-ppopotamus that started all this ish and caused the crisis? Now they are pointing filthy fingers on our Nobel Laureate saying he is putting kerosene inside fire. They should tell the madam at the top to fix the house. Stop disturbing an old, respected laureate winner.
You all are deluded!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by deledan: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
omiobo: We just need to go our separate ways. I stand for Oodua Republic. Nigeria is no more a country. Nairalanders are beginning to disgust me the way they reason.

You are on your own!
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by deledan: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ola Johnson: The so-called militants are paid thugs. How many of you have heard the names of these two groups before? Those behind the crisis, whom are known, keep disgracing themselves. I know Wole Soyinka and Femi Falana will still come to Port-Harcourt, if they have plans to. These are two fearless men that could risk their lives for a better society. Wole Soyinka has been doing it for a long time. He challenged military regimes in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. Even civilian governments. I remember how he was moving round polling booths (some said with a gun) in Ile-Ife and Modakeke during the 1979 and 1983 elections to ensure there was no rigging. This was when he was lecturing in the University of Ife (now OAU).
As the PRO of Student Union, University of Ife, 1979/80 session, Femi Falana and the President, Wole Olaoye, were thorns on the flesh of General Olusegun Obasanjo during his transition programme to civil rule. And even to the government of Shehu Shagari. They were always going to Dodan Barracks, Lagos from Ile-Ife to protest.

They don't like to be called that. They said they are Ijaw Freedom Fighters! Imagine a kidnapper calling himself a freedom fighter! What freedom fighter would seek to curtail the freedom of others to protest peacefully as Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Aksonman: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
Na dem sabi...
Meanwhile: the sexiest blog ever:[url]http://loveinlagoscity..com/2013/07/imagination-tonto-dikeh-walks-into-your.html
[/url]
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Standing5(m): 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
Freedom fighters fighting to free themselves from freedom they couldn't fight for.
Where were they when Jona dey jack Turai's complete sport for Aso Rock? I guess their diet has been lacking in Fish and Cassava bread their Jesus on earth is suppose to provide them.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
FSU: They should deport Wole and Falana whenever they step into River State. After all deportation of fellow Nigerians is the craze now.

Why didn't the mad professor cûm ignoble laureate make noise about the illegal deportation of Nigerians from Lagos to Onitsha? Was that highly provocative action of the ACN government not a serious negation of democracy in Nigeria? And to think that most of the pro-Soyinka nincompoops on NL supported that action!!! Yet they are quick to lecture us on how supporting Amaechi is equal to fighting for democracy!

I trust my Ijaw brothers, they don't make empty threats, neither are they as cowardly as their oily counterparts that are fond of two-faced, hypocritical 'activism'. If dem born that old fool and im midget lawyer brother well, make dem step into Port Harcourt on the 30th. Bunch of compromised, irritating busybodies.

10 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by moscobabs(m): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
na u na own problem.na so the mumu people go dey look till GEJ and his wife drive them to the bush
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nothing must happen to Wole Soyinka. I repeat, nothing must happen to Wole Soyinka. The world does not have any person to replace him, not now.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
pro01:

Why didn't the mad professor cûm ignoble laureate make noise about the illegal deportation of Nigerians from Lagos to Onitsha? Was that highly provocative action of the ACN government not a serious negation of democracy in Nigeria? And to think that most of the pro-Soyinka nincompoops on NL supported that action!!! Yet they are quick to lecture us on how supporting Amaechi is equal to fighting for democracy!

I trust my Ijaw brothers, they don't make empty threats, neither are they as cowardly as their oily counterparts that are fond of two-faced, hypocritical 'activism'. If dem born that old fool and im midget lawyer brother well, make dem step into Port Harcourt on the 30th. Bunch of compromised, irritating busybodies.
Must you tell WS what he should respond to? Very soon you would want to know from him why the Second Niger Bridge has not been built.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by inosend: 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
*Weeping in kanuri for my beloved state*
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by naijaswag1: 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ola Johnson: Nothing must happen to Wole Soyinka. I repeat, nothing must happen to Wole Soyinka. The world does not have any person to replace him, not now.

When the gods want to kill a man, they make him go mad. Listening to the wisdom in what people say about our intentions is the highest display of wisdom itself. The militants have made a valid assertion that the rally will aggravate the situation on the ground and that is a glaring fact. Lloyd Chidi is still in police net and the Amaechi loyalist have issued a statement today that the man is almost going blind. Any protest can be hijacked and turned into a violent clash by opposing parties.

However, wole and his compatriot can head to PH if they think what they are about to do is right and is in the interest of all as they claim. They should be ready for any consequences that their actions can bring. That's the law of karma.

There is never a dull moment in Nigeria. I will seat back and watch as events unfolds this week.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
naija_swag:

When the gods want to kill a man, they make him go mad. Listening to the wisdom what people say is the highest display of wisdom itself. The militants have made a valid assertion that the rally will aggravate the situation on the ground and that is a glaring fact. Lloyd Chidi is still in police net and the Amaechi loyalist have issued a statement today that the man is almost going blind. Any protest can be hijacked and turned into a violent clash by opposing parties.

However, the wole and his compatriot can head to PH if they think what they are about to do is right and is in the interest of all as they claim. They should be ready for any consequences their actions can bring. That's the law of karma.

There is never a dull moment in Nigeria. I will seat back and watch as even unfolds this week.
Protest being hijarcked is what Your Oga At The Top wants else he wouldn't have paid militants to issue such a statement. Your Oga should be very careful with Wole Soyinka. The Prof has been doing this before he was born in 1957. Go find out.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by samuel900(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Codedrock: To be Candid, that soyinka guy they fuc*k up jor.. Wetin concern him wit politics.. I just hate the way abuses goodluck/wife..
see mumu o who allowed you to type here?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by ERF: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
take dat: Short sighted, lazy and patronage-inclined self styled ethnic champions engaging in senseless ethnic-based and irrational arguments or positions that are unsustainable or cannot stand the test of any measure of rationality . These people should shun forthwith, their agenda of promoting threat situations that does not exist, and defending the indefensible. No tribe has the monopoly of violence.
Hmmmmm, i would have Liked yhur comment buh sincerely i don't know what yhu are talking about.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Ikengawo: 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
The problem is the Ijaw portions of Nigeria, Bayelsa and parts of Rivers and Delta States have failed at a level that ranks below even the north. so their perception of democracy, nigeria, politics, economics, relations etc is one that reflects a mind that comes from a nation poorer and less developed than Nigeria. The rest of Nigeria, except the boko haramic north and ijaw delta are beyond the use of violence and terrorism on this scale when they can't make a legitimate argument or apply dialogue. Though I don't trust yoruba intentions in the Rivers crisis, I know as any rational person knows that Soyinka is not wrong in his assessment of the presidency's primitive abuse of power. These militants thus have no right to tell a Nigerian not to speak on Nigeria issues.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Omen100(m): 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
what else can I say, jonathan & his goons has obliterated Nigeria to an distinguishable state.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Empty Vessels!
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by naijaswag1: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Protest being hijarcked is what Your Oga At The Top wants else he wouldn't have paid militants to issue such a statement. Your Oga should be very careful with Wole Soyinka. The Prof has been doing this before he was born in 1957. Go find out.

That one has been doing something and it has been working for the person does not mean the person is doing the right thing. Similarly, you could have done the same thing in other situations where the action taken was right but in a different scenario, it becomes the wrong decision. I don't have any business with who is right or wrong. wole should be careful.

When a big masquerade runs into the market place on a day when it is not suppose to come out and start flogging people, it can be desecrated because the followers and other masquerades will not be there to fight for it.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by size38: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Which militans again? I thought they have all taken Amnesty from d FG? Where were they when few men in late Yar'Adua govt prevented GEJ from taking his rightful position as d president? It was this same Soyinka and other prominent nigerians that matched on d street of Abuja to put GEJ as d president. Even GEJ could not speak up for his right. I suspect this group. Maybe they are Mr President's wing of d militants

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
naija_swag:

That one has been doing something and it has been working for the person does not mean the person is doing the right thing. Similarly, you could have done the same thing in other situations where the action taken was right but in a different scenario, it becomes the wrong decision. I don't have any business with who is right or wrong. wole should be careful.

When a big masquerade runs into the market place on a day when it is not suppose to come out and start flogging people, it can be desecrated because the followers and other masquerades will not be there to fight for it.
Why are you so much interested in WS, does the news not say Olisa Agbakoba and Femi Falana are also storming PH.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by luvinhubby(m): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hypocrites drinking Panadol Extra for another man's migraine headache.
Why did they not protest the suffocating tolls introduced by Tinubu/Fashola on Lekki expressway.
The Landlords have spoken, parambulators shud listen. grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by luvinhubby(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2013

cool
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by penny01502: 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
Philipsdael: once upon a time
Wole soyinka was a respectable elder state man.....he was once the creme dela creme in any societal gathering.....
If Ijaw boyz catch am eh.... Them go barb that him white hair for ham....
(why is he tackling our 1st lady, the mother of Rotimi Ameachi.... )
who invited this illitrate here?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by wellmax(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
ba7man: Hmmm...Maybe Femi Falana and Wole Soyinka plan to use the Rivers State crisis as distractions so that they can illegally get stakes in an "Oil field".

If i had to Choose between an internationally aclaimed literature professor with exposure, also has a history for standing up to opressive regimes and a Human-right activist/Lawyer........and Gun carrying and shooting, blowing up pipelines, kidnapping, millitants living in a creek...........I know who has more brain power in the equation and who I'll stand with.

Oga and how is that possible?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Melancholy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
take dat: Short sighted, lazy and patronage-inclined self styled ethnic champions engaging in senseless ethnic-based and irrational arguments. So because both men are not from the ND, they must not interfere in ND affairs even when the fundamental issue is mal-governance? These people should shun forthwith, their agenda of promoting threat situations that does not exist, and defending the indefensible. No tribe has the monopoly of violence.
please tell them cos i wonder what they will turn to,if GEJ failed come 2015
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by kunlekunle: 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
pro01:

i blame OBJ for these rantings.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by penny01502: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Those unrespected idioots are trying to bite more than they can chew
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by ubanett(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
it is now i know why ACHEBE was de GREATEST.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by 7lives: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
Uncle Wole them don warn you o, you and Femi falana, had better stop wasting your time on stupid kitchen appendage matters in the name of one Nigeria, Nigeria is a mistake, it shouldn't have been.
Let them kill themselves, ani ka je nkan ko tan, e n gbon owo e si awo, uncle e sempe, Gambari pa Fulani o lejo ninu.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
king of pool: wole nd falani re takin this to the level we cant understand again,dia is a peace talk goin on nd they want to put more fuel on this minor fire that is burnin.....wole is degradin himsef, morons nw call him names e.g,..mop,tobd etc.
Im.beciles,even on the African continent, who have never had stable electricity, good roads or a reasonably normal life for that matter, call Barack Obama names so what's new?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Effective Are Our Emergency Numbers (767 And 112) / Election Likely Factor Behind Increased Boko Haram Attacks – U.S. / Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.