Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy (51760 Views)

Please Save My Future! How Can I Make Kids?? / Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. / How To Keep Vagina Clean And Healthy (NHS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Afribiz(f): 1:36pm On May 28, 2008
Hi All,
Could someone pls tell me the kind of food i shld be giving my son (of 3 years old). He actually doesn't eat much. When it comes to food, he's too selective and as a result, he looks quite lean. I'll really appreciate if someone cld prescribe some food and multivites for him.
Thanx.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by largie(f): 2:48pm On May 28, 2008
Kids at this age tend to be picky when it comes to food.I also have a three year old son.Then to your question,being fat and being healthy are two different issues.I'll prefer to make him healthy.You have to be creative in planning his meal,you can blend fruits together to come up with smoothies for him,see that you include the different kinds of food i.e carbohydrates,protein and dairy product or milk.give him lot of vegetables and fruits.Make sure whatever you are giving him is fresh.Involve him in his little way in the preparation that would make it fun for him and it might change his attitude to food.You know kids love adventures.As for the multivitamins you might want to ask your doctor.I give mine flintstones complete.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Leilah(f): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2008
I have a terrible time with my daughter she eats nothing and she is 3yrs too. I try her with absolutely everything. My mother said she has never met such a stubborn child. I think you just have to give them what the want no matter what food it is. All my one eats is noodles and chicken nuggets. Oh and chocolate of course. There is fats in these foods.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Leilah(f): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2008
PS get him a multi vitamin supplement.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by kayowalemi(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2008
The first reply has said most of it but take a pause

Do u wan to make him an obese kid? Remember there is now prevalent cases of adolesent obecity who are suffering from type2 diabetics.

Don\t bother yaself with multivitamins. GET FRUITS, FRUITS AND FRUITS, they have the right vitamins you want

Orages and pawpaw increases appetite.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by PaulSmart(m): 10:42am On Jun 03, 2008
Talking About FRUITS, Where Will You Get FRESH FRUITS In Nigeria? If You're Depending On People Outside, Then You're Never Gonna Get Them FRESH, Xcept You Plant Them Yourself And Watch Them Grow! Most Of The Fruits Out There Aren't Fresh! I Suggest You Just Suppliment Your Diet, That's All!
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Afribiz(f): 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2008
Thanks all for your contributions so far. I don't mean fat as in being obesed, but that of being healthy. I'm just okay if he adds up some flesh a bit, it will make him look more handsome and cute.
Okay, i'll go for more fruits, then if a paediatrician recommends any multi vitamin supplement, fine.

Any paeditrician in the house?

2 Likes

Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by largie(f): 3:42am On Jun 05, 2008
@Paul_Smart

Naija is very blessed,but we don't know that cos the grass is always greener from the other side,each season comes with its own kind of fruit.So all year round there is something affordable You don't need a truckload of whatever fruit you are buying.The crops we have in Nigeria are natural and just like they are meant to be,taste these bio-tech stuff and you'll know the difference.I'll still prefer to give my kid fresh fruit and vegetable.In fact giving him multivitamins daily will not be my idea thrice a week will do.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 05, 2008
Multivitamins do help. You tend to eat more.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by largie(f): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2008
@stillwater

yes you tend to eat more but your system too get to rely on multivitamin as a result of prolonged use also remember all these drugs are chemicals with side effects.Believe me oyibo man sabi use sledge hammer kill ants when it comes to their medications
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by kayowalemi(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2008
@largie

Thanks for those u info u have given them.

Most of the drugs have been banned in most developed countries because many of them are responsible for kidney and liver damages
Meanwhile, in Nigeria, cases of kidney and liver damages from different causes are on the rise and no one is telling our people about nutritional implications of those things

Watch that thing imported for ya consumption!
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by TCUBE(m): 4:10am On Jun 07, 2008
Fat and healthy i dont think they go together,
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 07, 2008
largie:

@stillwater

yes you tend to eat more but your system too get to rely on multivitamin as a result of prolonged use also remember all these drugs are chemicals with side effects.Believe me oyibo man sabi use sledge hammer kill ants when it comes to their medications

I have to agree on the side effect. But what do you think are good substitutes for multivitamins.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by EngnrDon: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2008
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by kayowalemi(m): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2008
Any paeditrician in the house?
[quote][/quote]Yes get paeditrician, but mind they are not adequately trained when it comes to nutrition. Our mistake most often is that in Nigeria we see them as the next man standing behind God when it comes to medicals.

I do not mean to attack anybody, am only stating the fact
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by naijainfogalery: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
for Nigerians looking for Nigerian foods, recipes and ingredients in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by joeyarticles: 10:41am On Jun 03, 2016
There are more than enough factors that causes malnutrition amongst our infants.... One of those is the Choice of food use in feeding these babies.
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by captainspear(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2021
largie:
Kids at this age tend to be picky when it comes to food.I also have a three year old son.Then to your question,being fat and being healthy are two different issues.I'll prefer to make him healthy.You have to be creative in planning his meal,you can blend fruits together to come up with smoothies for him,see that you include the different kinds of food i.e carbohydrates,protein and dairy product or milk.give him lot of vegetables and fruits.Make sure whatever you are giving him is fresh.Involve him in his little way in the preparation that would make it fun for him and it might change his attitude to food.You know kids love adventures.As for the multivitamins you might want to ask your doctor.I give mine flintstones complete.
wise words, mine is a year and almost 7 months yet he refuses to eat anything he hasn't seen prepared, he loves golden morn but doesn't trust it if he didn't see it prepared, same goes for licking milk, must have to come from the known peak 123 tin or it isn't trust worthy
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by captainspear(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2021
OP please try making food a form of play or associate it with some fun activity from preparation to feeding. Mine have me quite the worry too. Good luck with your little one
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Ebookherbs(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2021
Afribiz:
Hi All,
Could someone pls tell me the kind of food i shld be giving my son (of 3 years old). He actually doesn't eat much. When it comes to food, he's too selective and as a result, he looks quite lean. I'll really appreciate if someone cld prescribe some food and multivites for him.
Thanx.

please try giving him lots of fruits like banana apple mangoes and the rest.

with time he will adjust
Re: Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy by Ebookherbs(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2021
Leilah:
I have a terrible time with my daughter she eats nothing and she is 3yrs too. I try her with absolutely everything. My mother said she has never met such a stubborn child. I think you just have to give them what the want no matter what food it is. All my one eats is noodles and chicken nuggets. Oh and chocolate of course. There is fats in these foods.

little kids like that will never reject fruits.

give her bananas mixed with cucumber and sweet watermelon.

make sure you cut them to little pieces and then serve it as food to the kid,

you can add a little bit of groundnut and milk to it

she will love you all the days of her life for it.

you will surely thank me later

cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 / A Gym's Heartfelt Plea To Its Customers (Pics) / Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.