Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,899 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

Rate & Review Your Governor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate & Review Your Governor (13433 Views)

Mid-Year Assessment: Rate Your Governor And The FG / What Is Your Governor Known For? / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2012 In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by olorunwa04(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
1. Name of state: Ogun state

2. Name of governor: Senator Ibikunle Amosun

3. Number of tenures served: 1

4. Years lived in state; 20+

5. Rate: 7/10

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Wahala90: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
Iriruaga100: [size=13pt]
State: Delta state Gov: Emmanuel uduaghan Lives: Rating: 1/10 Tenure: 2 terms Failures: Base on infrastructural developememt n provision of basic amenities,this man is a flop. If any of u here visited delta during ibori's tenure,u will understand why i said emmanuel is a failure. Achievement: Since 2008 up till date d govt hs been payiny wace fees of all public school student in d state,he brought delta city transit bus which reduce transportation cost n e started renovation of all d schools in delta last yr. Recommendation: He should be arrested after his tenure.
[/size]

grin grin
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Evestar200(f): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Iriruaga100: State: Delta state Gov: Emmanuel uduaghan Lives: Warri for 23yrs Rating: 1/10 Tenure: 2 terms Failures: Base on infrastructural developememt n provision of basic amenities,this man is a flop.If any of u here visited delta during ibori's tenure,u will understand why i said emmanuel is a failure.Ibori stole but the roads,schools,bridges,rural electrification n hospitals he left on ground are one of d best in d country.Iboris infrastructural strive ws felt in d all state,even federal like warri-benin road was touched.am praising ibori but the observation above is to show that d present administration does nt hv any existing project nor do they hv plans to initiate one.Rather they take d glory of asaba international airport n delta state university teaching hospital oghara,initiated n built by ibori. Achievement: Since 2008 up till date d govt hs been payiny wace fees of all public school student in d state,he brought delta city transit bus which reduce transportation cost n e started renovation of all d schools in delta last yr. Recommendation: He should be arrested after his tenure.
IBORI is farrrrrrrrrr better Than this big headed guy we have as a governor,,IBORI wanted to Turn Delta state to DUBAI na,,everything thats in Delta state is built by IBORI exept that KITCHEN in ASABA he called AIRPORT
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by mustspin: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
STATE: OYO
NAME OF GOVERNOR: ABIOLA AJIMOBI
NUMBER OF TENURE: 2YRS INTO 1ST TENURE
YEARS LIVED IN THE STATE: 27YRS
RATE: 7/10
REVIEW : At the inception of the administration, it was confronted with a high rate of insecurity occasioned by the intractable crisis rocking the state chapter of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW).
The other challenge and perhaps the most devastating one was the flood disaster occasioned by the 26th August, 2011 heavy downpour, just about three months into the administration. It was an incident that exposed several years of decay in infrastructure in the state capital. Hundreds of lives were lost and property worth several millions of Naira perished. The disaster really tasked the administration as many roads and bridges were washed away.
From the initial challenges, the governor could be said to have gained strength and given his administration’s focus. In tackling the problem of insecurity occasioned by the wrangling within the state NURTW, the administration warmed itself to the hearts of both residents and non-residents alike. The hitherto elusive peace in the state capital became a norm, with free movement of people in and around without molestation or harassment by hoodlums.
Aftermath the August 26, 2011 unfortunate incident, the administration embarked on the dredging of streams and rivers across the state to put a halt to the perennial flooding in Ibadan, effect of which has since manifested.
Also, the government have also fair to the workers in terms of welfare package and job performance enhancement programmes through both local and foreign retraining programmes. The government introduced free bus service for the workers to and fro office all the days of the week in addition to the payment of ‘13th Month Salary’.
Ajimobi in the last two years has made himself a rare governor that exhibits courage and ingenuity in everything he plans and does in Oyo State. This is corroborated by his bold initiative to change the face of Ibadan, particularly and Oyo State through its urban renewal efforts and general development of the rural areas. Before Ajimobi, the face of Ibadan had remained the same rough, dirty and structurally defective in the last 30 years with nothing to show for the years of government and governance in the state which has made it difficult to attract investors to site industry, reducing the state to a teacher’s state without major platform for sustainable human development. The current Road Constructions and Rehabilitation and environmental beautification efforts of government are quite discernible to all, yet everyone can feel the order being brought to motor garages, the changing face of our roads, reduction in the usual traffic snarl and hold-ups being experienced on the roads.”
RECOMMENDATION: With two years still to go, if the governor refuses to allow the agitation for second term to distract him, he has the opportunity to correct some of the identified lapses, especially the resettlement of the displaced roadside traders as well as artisans whose shops and shanties were demolished.

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by segzy87(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
My Governor 2nd term in office hv bn a disaster to d people of Ondo state......owing workers salaries,sackng workers,abandoning projects,using d state fund to finance his election case in court.

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by ReubenAbati: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
[size=18pt]
sexymoma:

bbpreye:
Please how can i join Nairaland?

Go to yaba left to purchase Nairaland form.

This is SICK. Mad people still full Nairaland oo!
[/size]
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Raymondeji(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
ZEALMAN: OSUN STATE
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
One !! another tenure coming Soon
15years
Rating 85%

So many achievement so far, and I pray may almighty continue to support him, He's been the Top governor we've had in OSUN so far, excellent work , You need to see the state capital now!! Its in a wonderful condition and some demolishing, construction work going on! It wil be competing with Lasgidi in two years time I guess .i Just pray for the gd work to continue!!

Weldone OGBENI!!

IPINLE OSUN
IPINLE OMOLUABI

OSUN OoNI. BAJE ooo!!

Just let him start his second tenure, you'll know the real man.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Pelummy(f): 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
i am very disappointed!!! while reviewing the comments of nairalanders . u guys are just commenting without reading through the criteria for participation . rushing to claim first to comment and whom to like your post. .................all of you that have commented so far till it got to 164 post .....shame on all of u .except those that read through it and see the criteria for participation............. kudos to hardbody kiss
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by djbazz(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
MY IMO STATE
GOV ROCHAS OKOROCHA(commander of free edu)
HALF TENURE
6YEARs
8/10.
Transforming Education, roads,youth empowerment & security
Rochas is the main man for nigeria com to imo state and you will be glad you did.... Long live our own rochas
Ezeblinks 26F9D749..
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Raymondeji(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
slimyem: It was the right thing to do. Ghost workers and illegally appointed people and those due for retirement.
Only people who have no adherence to moral and ethical principles would see wrong in what he did.

You got it wrong there, most of the people he sacked were not ghost workers. Infact, 90% of them were the same people he employed while trying to win election ƒσя second term. Did he not see the size of the workforce then? #fraudster
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by achi4u(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
Gov Martin N. Elechi

Ebonyi state

second tenure of 8yrs

lives btw Enugu & Abakaliki lol

Age 70+

Rating 5/10

Some his achievement weather completed or not.
*building of 16 Unity bridges that traverses the entire state. (only few are completed)

*dualization of Afikpo road from Spareadeo junction that is not up to half kilometer. mtcheeew. . .the worst substandard road ever built by mankind.

*Education :if you get money go to school or return to farm. na wa o!

*Transportation :the ability to banned okada riders from plying the only dual carriage road in the small city.

*Job......0%

Human capacity. 0%

Overall, I rated him average because his state igr is low and receives the lowest amount from fg monthly allocation.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
State=adamawa
Gov=murtala nyako
Tenue=second
Lived=25 yrs
Age=26
Rating=6%
Nyako always travels 2 germany
, always trvels 2 abuja, did‘t pay civil servants 2 months, d oldest governor, old soldier who never take issues 4 granted etc. He‘s trying sha.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by nwadaigbo: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chinoble: Imo state
Owelle rochas okorocha
10/10 cus he has touched all d areas. Ranging from education, employment, infrastructure, agriculture e.t.c. He is d only governor dat knws how to create jobs/works. So if u r jobless, just rush down to imo cus ur employment is sure. We have too many rods in the fire.
bloody sychophant. What has he done? Rochas 4/10
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by olujastro: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
P.Stacks:

Are you for real! shocked I'm not from Rivers state but Amechi is my man..

Is this not the same Amechi they are breeding brime stone and fire down his neck.. Look at a porthacourt persons testimony about Him..

Nigeria is just a banana republic where excellence is slaughtered on the alter of corruption..

Ride on Amechi.

1) Nigerian
2) GEJ
3) 1 1/2 Tenure
4) Born and breed in Nigeria
5) 3/10
6) Achievement playing politics with sentiments of having no shoes.. Winning my vote and denying my basic social amenities of Electricity supply and Infrastructure.. Using official valueable time to politik and fight Amechi instead of face governance and deliver dividends of democrazy to the people.. Judge me by what I say and not what I have achieved.. Wanting 2015 at all cost and not working to win the heart of the electorate. Allowing my wife to use state funds and a first lady office that's not in the constitution to casue plenty problems.. Its in my tenure 16 is greater than 19 and I support such mathematics. Its in my tenure 5 can impeach 27 and the presidency don't know jack shit about it. Its in my tenure I remove Fuel subsidy and to hell with the people, its in my tenure in-security has gotten to an all time highest.. Its under my watch that senators earn the fattest salary in the world only to pass a legislation for Child-bride.. Its in my tenure that Religious intolerance has assumed an all time record high with muslims not being able to stand xtains one bit..

I have tried my best tho! Its In my tenure women have been most empowered.. That's my achievement and I want 2015 with or without your vote. Thank you fellow nigerians..

Best and most sincere comment on the thread!
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by nwadaigbo: 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
Nonybb: ANAMBRA STATE
GOV PETER OBI
2 TENURES
28YRS
-1/10
A big joke. He was able to decieve many because of his level of manouvering. He is an intelligent criminal hiding under religious sentimentalism to loot the state dry. Hes a christian bigot and side with catholics and bribe bishops and reverend fathers to gather and influence ppl to his choice. Anambra state is a big joke. No single road in onitsha is a world class like the one i saw in bauchi or lagos or PH when i visited those states. Anambra ppl are full of traders and school drop-out, obi capitalized on that weakness to deceive some illiterate business traders that he is working. There is no single road, i mean ONE SINGLE ROAD IN THE HOLE OF ANAMBRA that had subterreanean and walk-ways like the one at akwa ibom state. The only construction i saw is in the media. Anambra state have no running waters, onitsha health center is delapidated, he only select some already functioning secondary school to further fund them as far as its a catholic school. Peter Obi is a wise criminal, he looted many funds but still retain good name. We are in bondage! SOS! No one cares!
u r only suffering from catholicphobia. Mumu. What was ur own church doing in govt house bf d coming of peter and ngige who are catholics. Ezeife, mbadinuju, etiaba, andy uba. d worst things that had happened to anambra state and all are protestants. Saddist
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by yemee: 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
SimonAndal:
Enugu State
Sullivan Chime
2 Tenures
19 years
7 out of 10
The man is really quiet, doesn't blow his own trumpet. Prefers to let his work speak for him. His major focus seems to be enviromental (roads and water), but he's done a lot of infrastructural work too. New bridges, road dualisations, new water pipes laid throughout the city. Security recieved a great boost with donations of dozens of patrol vehicles to the state police department. Transportation also got a makeover, with introduction of hundreds of yellow cabs and buses.
He seems to be having problems with ESWAMA, though, as in some parts of Enugu, waste disposal has been described as "war".
If he can fix the ESWAMA problem, and do something about those awful motorpark touts, also fix some inner city roads (Abakpa, Thinkers Corner, parts of New Haven, Emene), he would have done more than his predecessors.
Have you by any chance visited Isi-Uzo LGA?You should if you haven't,you'll definitely score him much less
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by yemee: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
slimyem:
-Ondo State.
-Governor Olusegun Rahman Mimiko
-2 tenures
-2 decades more or less. wink
-7/10
-He is one governor who has delivered quite well. He identified the problems of the common man and has been addressing it. From the roads, to the mother and child hospitals to the mega schools, the remodelling of markets and mortor parks, the buses that transport students to and fro school free plus Ondo state is gradually becoming a beautiful city all because of him.
Sports nko? Dealing it from the grassroots.
He's also been transforming the Civil service of recent. All ghost workers and illegally appointed peeps are being rooted out. Just the way it should be.!
Smart, cunning, strict, and a no-nonsense Governor. cool He has given no room for ineptitude.
His opposition and n'er do well people will always find faults though.
He has done well but can be better! Iroko joor!! cheesy

For better strategies, I'll think he would do something about employment. That's the only area that he hasn't been felt. If I were to advise, He should revive all the companies that have been run aground in Ondo state e.g Oluwa Glass, NIROWI etc...
Are you aware he hasn't paid primary school teachers for some months?
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by achi4u(m): 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
oh! I forgot to add gov Martin Elechi banned "Ebonyi Angels Football Club " for no good reason.

He also invented "attitudnal change"
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Davo93(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2013

1. Name of state: Ondo State

2. Name of governor: Dr Olusegun Rahman Mimiko

3. Number of tenures served: 2nd tenure running

4. Years lived in state: 20 years

5. Rate: 6.8/10

6. Review (the achievements and failures): The governor has tried in the health sector. A lot of Ondo indigenes will agree with me he recorded his highest achievement in this sector with the ''Mother and Child'' hospitals. Also in the aspect of Education, he tried with the mega schools he built and the most importantly to me, i have to credit the regular payment of bursary to tertiary institution students. He also had some great urban renewal projects that did quite well. In the jurisdiction of Sport, he obviously has done productively well.

Mimiko has not faired any well in the aspect of 'solid' gainful job creation. I am not talking about the much hyped useless jobs created in our neighbouring state(Osun).

7. Recommend (better strategies for developemental amelioration): [b]-Create solid gainful jobs
-Developmental programmes should be distributive and not concentrated in the state capital

THANKS!
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
caesaraba: My Governor?

Benue State

Gabriel Suswam
2 Tenures
26 years
1 out of 10

This Governor christened himself Mr. infrastructure but cannot even replace dead street light bulbs. After making himself an object of ridicule by inviting the president to come and commission two renovated primary schools, this Governor has officially gone to 'sleep.'
Those seeking audience with this Goveernor can find him at certain hotels and bars in Jos or Abuja as he is seldom in Benue State. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Cheif Dr. Barr. Gabriel Torwuwa Suswam aka Mr. Infrastructure.

guy you harsh ooo.....but all you said is actually true....the guy actually dragged the president to commission renovated primary schools,at least i know 1 in wurukum and believe me, its a waste of public funds......i dont blame the guy sha, he just like his godfather jona, is CLUELESS//////....since they commissioned the greater makurdi water works, the water situation has actually worsened....... my fear is that benue people will have to bear this for long as benue is the strongest PDP state in nigeria......GOD SAVE BENUE
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Latmania: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
For oyostate,the guy ajimobi dey try in all aspect. Education,health,infrastruction...in short he's d best governor that we've had since the inception of democracy in 1999 in oyostate. I ll rate him 8/10
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Emmyfem97(m): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
. Name of state: Kogi State

2. Name of Governor: Idris Wada

3. Number of tenures served: 1st tenure running

4. Years lived in state: 27 years

5. Rate: 0/10

6. Governor Idris Wada has got nothjing to show for the days he's spent as the state governor. Just too unfortunate. We need some help in Kogi State. Nairalanders, pls come to our aid in whatever way u can!

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by fr3do(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
immortalvoices: In as much I believe this is a front page thread..the mods should have allow people to prepare and see enough replies from people.

Meanwhile allow me to beam my touch/search light om the Delta state Government, I hope I get even a 3/10...

Because I HEAR VOICES...

2.5/10
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Akinlawson: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
ExecuTHIEF governor of Delta State Emmanuel Udughan..... -3/10
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by sharubutu(m): 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
arcbabe: Idris Wada,Kogi state 2/10

Where him carry 2 from? The true score is 0.5/10
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Beebash: 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ucbiu: grin Hahaha ma kwankwasiyya gov. Too poor, infact 1/10
If u ar nt blind den sumtin must be wrong wt ur sight for you not to see the new development in kano,the guy is gradually turning the town into a mega city. God bless u kwankwasiyya despite the hard time boko bois are giving u thumbs up.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Onyegecha(f): 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Imo state
Full adult
Lived in Imo state almost all my life
First tenure

I RATE HIM 2/10
He's tall on words and short on action. Very fraudulent administration that robs Peter to pay Paul.
He runs a confused system. Actually, he seems to enjoy the state of endless confusion as it helps him perfect his clandestine plans.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillypelly: I have stayed in Imo state for about 20 years, so i can tell the political dynamics and how it swings in Imo state. Considering Imo state with the most literate population in west and central africa ( 83% according to UNESCO) one should expect it to imply that super Professors should be her leaders, as the state boasts of about 12% of professionals in europe and america in 2010. Unfortunately the oust of former governor Ohakim couldnt produce the needed ingredient for good governance. Rochas okorocha came with great expections of improving the people, unfortunately the story is entirely different. Substandard roads litter the whole state with little or nothing to show for funds from the centre. His monumental projects as planned such as the 23 floors hotel, the 12 floors shopping mall, the 7 floors judiciary HQ, the 15 floor hotel in orlu, the 14 floors hotel in Okigwe, the 27 General hospitals, the akachi Tower, the glass roof church project, the 16 floor residential apartments and the city development projects are all abandoned. He has failed to establish the difference between philantropic actions and real governance, little wonder there are uncountable freebies with little or no investments in the real sector. I will only say in summary, that my state Imo is under the rule of a rutherless government.

Rating 2/10

so, he actually promised these rubbish? Haba.
Hotels for what kwanu? Its even better he didnt build them, they are too 'white -elephant' in nature.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Chillypelly(m): 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
ngozievergreen:

so, he actually promised these rubbish? Haba.
Hotels for what kwanu? Its even better he didnt build them, they are too 'white -elephant' in nature.

My sister the most disappointing part is that all the projects don't go through any bidding process. He single handedly nominates contractors and chooses the most suitable pattern of paying them. Rochas has recorded first in a lot of negatives; first government to pay 100% of contract sum to a contractor with 9% work done, first to have cement block as concrete median in road dualization (aba road to naze junc), made Imo first to have her pupils wear same type of uniform state-wide and have uniforms of pupils imported from india instead of contracting it to the local tailors. As a Civil Engineer, i can make brave to say the Orlu (his village) road dualization project is the only state road project in Imo State that has a design and job specification. The man is a 21st century fraudster.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Biafradiplomat: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2013
I am from Imo state. With all sincerity of purpose, I will rate the governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, 8/10. He has indeed shown what governance should be, since the days of Dee Sam Mbakwe, Imo has never had it so good, he has developed hitherto glorified villages like Okigwe and Orlu into emerging cities. Owerri the state capital(new Owerri axis) now looks very much like Abuja. Built world class schools across the state, gave free education. Built new roads across the state. So many projects are ongoing at the same time, and the most amazing thing is that he achieved all these in barely two years as governor! The PDP and god fathers he uprooted are fighting tooth and nail to discredit him but he is making life difficult for them by working hard and allowing Imolites be the judge. Posterity would beam him in good light.
God bless governor Rochas Okorocha.
God bless Imo state.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by ndiyariba(m): 1:25am On Jul 31, 2013
Biafra diplomat: I am from Imo state. With all sincerity of purpose, I will rate the governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, 8/10. He has indeed shown what governance should be, since the days of Dee Sam Mbakwe, Imo has never had it so good, he has developed hitherto glorified villages like Okigwe and Orlu into emerging cities. Owerri the state capital(new Owerri axis) now looks very much like Abuja. Built world class schools across the state, gave free education. Built new roads across the state. So many projects are ongoing at the same time, and the most amazing thing is that he achieved all these in barely two years as governor! The PDP and god fathers he uprooted are fighting tooth and nail to discredit him but he is making life difficult for them by working hard and allowing Imolites be the judge. Posterity would beam him in good light.
God bless governor Rochas Okorocha.
God bless Imo state.
God bless Nigeria.
You are a battyman angry. You fools need to stop using the name BIAFRA, by saying crap like "God bless nigeria" angry. I demand that you take down the sacred word "Biafra" from your useless moniker. 3.5M people died and will devour you for misusing "BIAFRA".
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Spa55: 7:22am On Jul 31, 2013
T.A orji.. His only achievement is being back on his seat... 0.5/10... The worst gov ever..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra / Vacuum Looms In Judiciary As Buhari Yet To Accept Recommendation Of New CJN.. / Live Update: Rivers Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.