Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Movie Review: Uche Jombo's False! Kate Henshaw And Kalu Dazzle Me Senseless! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Review: Uche Jombo's False! Kate Henshaw And Kalu Dazzle Me Senseless! (1071 Views)

Uche Jombo & Monalisa Chinda Attend 'Invasion 1897' Premiere / Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent / Kate Henshaw Embarrassed A Contestant In Nigeria Got Talent Audition (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Movie Review: Uche Jombo's False! Kate Henshaw And Kalu Dazzle Me Senseless! by 1BOBO1: 1:51am On Jul 30, 2013
It has been a few years in the making, no not the movie... I'm talking about Uche Jombo's "A-LIST" celebrity status! Despite her being in the industry for over a decade, I honestly never really paid much attention to Mrs. Jombo-Rodriguez until recently when she produced and starred in the silent hit films Damage, and Mrs. Somebody, proving to me, amongst many others that she unlike most of our so-called stars actually cared about the craft, and wasn't just out to get famous, hoping to catch a politician in the process. Apart from opening her own production house, Uche has gone to starred in some of the most refreshing movies that I have seen in Nollywood in years, like Blood and Wine, Holding Hope, Silent Scandal, and most recently False (with my favorite Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw), which just got released on Irokotv+

How will this movie be rated?

It will be divided into five sections:

Cinematography

Storyline

Actors Perfomances

Believability

Extras (Sets, Fashion etc)

Cinematography: 15 out of 20

The visuals were crisp and clear through out the entirety of the film, and so where the transitions and camera angles. unfortunately, I can't say the same for the audio quality which were a little off putting, mainly because everytime they were having phone conversations, I found myself straining to hear what the person on the other line was saying.

Storyline: 18 out of 20

WARNING! WARNING! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! Oh, who cares, you've read this far, might as well continue what you've started. In one word, the storyline was: ORIGINAL! Ha! that is not something we hear everyday concerning a Nollywood production, but honestly, the pyschological thriller kept me on the edge of my seat through out. Not necessarily because I didn't know what the end results might be, but because it was so refreshing to see such a story with Nollywood faces in it. The story was very straight to the point, being only about an hour long, no scenes where wasted (Not even the uncomfortable sex scene between Kalu and Kate Henshaw) from the moment Uche shows up at Kate's house, jovially informing her that she has been having an intimate affair with her husband (Kalu's husband) to the scenes with the waka-pass officer (Who actually was the only flaw in the movie in my opinion.

Actors Perfomances: 20 out of 20

Brilliant! For once, I actually watched a movie with Kate Henshaw in it, and didn't actually find her to the saving grace of the film. Uche Jombo was simply, insanely good! Usually, I would fault her for over-acting (like in the movie Blood or Wine) but in a whole where she's a delusional, sociopathic BITCH... how can I? I mean seriously.... Kalu Ikeagwu was also pretty darn good, despite the fact that I was a little uncomfortable watching him... jerk off and talk dirty on the phone (incase you have not yet gotten the memo, this is a mature film about the risks of cyber sex, so don't watch when your mama is around, unless you want make she ask you to delete your facebook, twitter and instagram accounts! LMFBO!)

BELIEVABILITY:

Very believable, mainly because things like this happen everyday! People beware! However... small tin bother me for the script... why on earth would the police officer not let Kalu's character go when the doctor had obviously already declared her psychologically unstable? Just didn't make any sense to me, and it just took a lot out of the storyline.

EXTRAS: 20 our of 20

I think it was a very well rounded movie, even though many may not agree with me. I was apalled when I scrolled down on irokotv and so people calling the movie RUBBISH, A WASTE OF TIME, and WHERE IS PART TWO... make Amadoira no strike all una mop dem! Goat!! Okay... sorry, had to get that out of the way... but seriously, have Nollywood lovers become so used to mediocrity that when they see a masterpiece they can't recognize it? Chai! The movie was sweet, it had a very valuable lesson AND the performances where top-notch... what more do you want? Not once did I hear a fake accent, or see too much skin (yes, even during the sex scene, they were dressed appropriately) so, what more do people want? Humph... ofcourse, I made sure to let a few of those mediocrity-lovers know my mind joor! Nonsense!

Okay, that would be all, let me know what you think, don't forget to comment, subscribe (add me in your circles) and share. Love, KongossaWahala!

VISIT:http://kongossawahala..com/2013/07/movie-review-uche-jombos-false-kate.html

(1) (Reply)

Names Of Interesting Gangster Movies That You Have Watched / Top 7 Movies You Should Watch For Christmas 2014 / Five (5) Things Indian Movies Taught Us!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.