Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:17 AM

Pc Displays "windows Classic" Colour Quality And Cant Be Changed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Displays "windows Classic" Colour Quality And Cant Be Changed (1076 Views)

Can The Cells In A Laptop Battery Be Changed? / Cynthia Morgan displays extreme side-boob, See the Sexy Shot! - / How To Fix A Computer That Turns On But Displays Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Displays "windows Classic" Colour Quality And Cant Be Changed by BayoMaya(m): 4:45pm On May 28, 2008
It all started with the Pc's startup reaching the windows XP logo (black screen) and the screen goes blank but i can hear the windows logon sound,even play audio cd when windows finish booting but nothing displays.

So i tried using my Windows XP cd to do the windows repair and it came to live,but the pc refuse to display correctly (like the usual windows XP does) but would display the windows classic colour quality (lowest 16 bit), and cant be changed back (grey icon,cant b clicked), tried formating (probably one of windows files missing) but remained the same, took the HDD to another pc and loaded windows and was ok (so its not a software or windows problem)taking it back windows couldnt start due to hardware change and all shit, so i did anoda format and still bad colour!

so whats d conclusion now, VGA problem??
Re: Pc Displays "windows Classic" Colour Quality And Cant Be Changed by walemy: 10:17am On May 29, 2008
First,i need to knw d kind of baord u r using is it mxx,celeron,etc caus i had just solved a similar problem for a cliant.here is my no 08026220123 eng wale
Re: Pc Displays "windows Classic" Colour Quality And Cant Be Changed by TmeD0(m): 8:01pm On May 29, 2008
walemy:

First,i need to knw d kind of baord you're using is it mxx,celeron,etc caus i had just solved a similar problem for a cliant (yeah right!).here is my no 08026220123 eng wale
What has the mobo got to do with it, liar! Dude you need to take your ads to the marketing section of the forum cause you're starting to get annoying around here.  Besides, those are processors you're referring to and not mobo.  Eng. my yansh!  Na everybody be eng. for naija these days---na wa o.

Bayo-Maya:

It all started with the Pc's startup reaching the windows XP logo (black screen) and the screen goes blank but i can hear the windows logon sound,even play audio cd when windows finish booting but nothing displays.

So i tried using my Windows XP cd to do the windows repair and it came to live,but the pc refuse to display correctly (like the usual windows XP does) but would display the windows classic colour quality (lowest 16 bit), and can't be changed back (grey icon,can't b clicked), tried formating (probably one of windows files missing) but remained the same, took the HDD to another pc and loaded windows and was ok (so its not a software or windows problem)taking it back windows couldnt start due to hardware change and all shit, so i did another format and still bad colour!

so whats d conclusion now, VGA problem??

@ poster, relax and quit formating each time there's a problem.  Obviously, what ever problem you had initially, by repairing windows somewhat fixed it.  However, from what you've described above it appears your video card driver needs to be installed.  What you're seeing is the generic windows driver that's loaded on OS when you installed it.  Go to device manager and under display adapters, I bet you'll see a generic name there.  What you need to do is get the driver for your video card and that should take care of it.  If your card is an on-board display, then you'll need the driver from mobo's manufacturer's site otherwise just download the driver from your card's manufacturer site if it's not an on-board card.  Good luck!  Peace!
Re: Pc Displays "windows Classic" Colour Quality And Cant Be Changed by BayoMaya(m): 3:20pm On May 30, 2008
T@meD0:

What has the mobo got to do with it, liar! Dude you need to take your ads to the marketing section of the forum cause you're starting to get annoying around here. Besides, those are processors you're referring to and not mobo. Eng. my yansh! Na everybody be eng. for naija these days---na wa o.

@ poster, relax and quit formating each time there's a problem. Obviously, what ever problem you had initially, by repairing windows somewhat fixed it. However, from what you've described above it appears your video card driver needs to be installed. What you're seeing is the generic windows driver that's loaded on OS when you installed it. Go to device manager and under display adapters, I bet you'll see a generic name there. What you need to do is get the driver for your video card and that should take care of it. If your card is an on-board display, then you'll need the driver from mobo's manufacturer's site otherwise just download the driver from your card's manufacturer site if it's not an on-board card. Good luck! Peace!

thought as much (tsy i askd if d VGA is the problem as ma conclusion,
so i go tell him 2 get another

dnt mind @2nd poster, i didnt even bother saying nothing seeing his reply since i saw
walemy:

caus i had just solved a similar problem for a cliant.here is my no 08026220123 eng wale

just solved hun
Re: Pc Displays "windows Classic" Colour Quality And Cant Be Changed by xprofile: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2008
TRY N GIVE IT A SYSTEM RESTORE

OK? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Tell Me What is The Meaning Of Internet? / My Taskmanager Is Missing Help / Need A Super Computer For Editing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.