Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

How Obasanjo Gave His Lecturers Trouble As A Student Of NOUN.VC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Obasanjo Gave His Lecturers Trouble As A Student Of NOUN.VC (688 Views)

Alumni Condemn Removal Of NOUN VC / Revisiting The Power Sector Probe: How Obasanjo’s Paid $16billion For Darkness! / Open Letter To VC Of NOUN: Students Decry Hike In School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Obasanjo Gave His Lecturers Trouble As A Student Of NOUN.VC by yusods(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
The Vice Chancellor of theNational Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Professor Vincent Ado Tenebe, on Monday gave a glimpse into former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s time as a student of the university, saying that he was very troublesome.
Prof. Tenebe, who commended Chief Obasanjo for giving a newlease of life to NOUN in 2002 during his administration as president, recalled that as a student, he (Obasanjo) used to call his lecturers atmidnight on academic matters, but noted that at the end, he did very well to pass his courses in Christian Religious Theology.
The Vice Chancellor madethis known during an interactive session organised by the Kaduna State Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ).
According to him, “President Obasanjo, when he became a student which he did by example, resuscitated the university.

Re: How Obasanjo Gave His Lecturers Trouble As A Student Of NOUN.VC by yusods(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
A good history of the university was that this university came into existence by an act of the National Assembly during the reign of President Shehu Shagari in 1982, unfortunately before the university could establish itself, the Military regime that took over suspended the act and that was the reason the university was in dormancy until when civilian rule under Obasanjo came on board and re cooperated the university in 2002 while in 2003, we started our academic programmes.
“When Obasanjo became a student of the institution,he thought that it was an easy thing to do. When hewas given all the courses, he realised it wasn’t easy and so he had to defer hisadmission. He said I wouldnot take part in this until I finished my tenure as President and so he neverstudied while he was the President until he completed his tenure, thenhe started the course. He did a Post Graduate Diploma in Christian Theology.

(1) (Reply)

Seun Can You Reply To My Emails? / Hidden Dangers Of Deodorant Spray: 16-yr-old Died Because Of Deodarant / How Often Do We Misplace Things In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.