Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,100 members, 7,849,436 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread - Phones (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread (421989 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by kp3tech(m): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
idee.esperanza:

Means I'm gonna pay N3500 to get it here in Uyo?
Too much na!

Waybill to Uyo is even more than N1500... but we are trying to unify the price.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by nanaba777: 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
the FIFA14 is still refusing oo. maybe a new link would be better.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
nanaba777: the FIFA14 is still refusing oo. maybe a new link would be better.

Is the first full link dead?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by nanaba777: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
I think I need to get a new rom. angry birds too is acting the same way.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by coolest01(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
marcjoe:

Hmmm...i use kik too and its ok....i think BBM is over hyped..kik is a nice messaging app too
bros, have you used bbm before?cos ive been using bbm until recently...and kik doesnt even come close..whatsapp even has more features than kik
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
lordZOUGA:
Is that 1.5gb per day?
This is funny really. No its per hour.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Attention!!! Tecno F7 Fans!!!

Please have patience and manage the 5V, 1A(1000mA), that your phone came with. The charger is a product of thorough research and design. I don't know why some people are having the problem of slow charging with it. My own phantom A+ charges full within 2 hours and few minutes. I suggest you take the charger back to Tecno for replacement or buy another 5V 1A charger and try.

Don't kill your battery by throwing too much current at it in a bid to make it charge faster, it will charge faster but it will shorten the life span of your battery ie if your battery is designed for 300 cycles it might end up with around 150.

After months of studying DIY ardiuno solar/power bank articles at www.instructables.com, in an attempt to build my own solar charger and power bank, please I know what am talking about.

The general rule in dealing with rechargeable batteries is “DON'T THROW MORE THAN 10% OF ITS CURRENT RATING AT IT". Li-ion batteries are very delicate, a single little overcharge they blow. Thats why some high end phones are getting themselves and their environs burnt these days.

Tecno in order to prevent that are giving us chargers with commensurate rating neither extravagant nor too low. From my own personal test with Tecno smartphone chargers I found out that the 1A rating is the maximum at ideal situations. The chargers are actually giving out between 500mA to 850mA, this is not to cheat you but to protect your battery and hence optimise it, in extension your phone.

850mA is even too much for your battery but because of the inbuilt PCM, BCM and Du battery charger software your battery dont feel it. Then throwing 2000mA at a battery of 2100mAh, boy! I don't know what it will result at, but from my research so far, if the phone didn't blow, the battery will soon be dead.

Ever wonder why Du/Dx battery software works in 3 phases fast, full and trickle charge. The aim is to throw higher current at the battery initially to fasten charging while monitoring the battery with PCM(protective circuit module, inbuilt in the phone). When the battery is about to react the PCM automatically reduces it to full charge and continue, when the battery is about to react again it relieves it by completing with tickle charge. Which is the best mode to use to charge it from start to finish. I don't think the PCM built into F7, has 2000mA in mind as a maximum current to encounter in its working life.

Before you call this post rubbish please take out time to read Joshua Zimmerman of browndog gadgets articles on li-ion solar charger at instructables.com.

DON'T LET PEOPLE DECEIVE YOU!!!

Have a great day!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
hariorh: Had a dream that I should sell my tecno phantom A+ and buy the A2 version...

What's the difference
dream again. This time you might get the answers you seek
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Colin Adua: Attention!!! Tecno F7 Fans!!!

Please have patience and manage the 5V, 1A(1000mA), that your phone came with. The charger is a product of thorough research and design. I don't know why some people are having the problem of slow charging with it. My own phantom A+ charges full within 2 hours and few minutes. I suggest you take the charger back to Tecno for replacement or buy another 5V 1A charger and try.

Don't kill your battery by throwing too much current at it in a bid to make it charge faster, it will charge faster but it will shorten the life span of your battery ie if your battery is designed for 300 cycles it might end up with around 150.

After months of studying DIY ardiuno solar/power bank articles at www.instructables.com, in an attempt to build my own solar charger and power bank, please I know what am talking about.

The general rule in dealing with rechargeable batteries is “DON'T THROW MORE THAN 10% OF ITS CURRENT RATING AT IT". Li-ion batteries are very delicate, a single little overcharge they blow. Thats why some high end phones are getting themselves and their environs burnt these days.

Tecno in order to prevent that are giving us chargers with commensurate rating neither extravagant nor too low. From my own personal test with Tecno smartphone chargers I found out that the 1A rating is the maximum at ideal situations. The chargers are actually giving out between 500mA to 850mA, this is not to cheat you but to protect your battery and hence optimise it, in extension your phone.

850mA is even too much for your battery but because of the inbuilt PCM, BCM and Du battery charger software your battery dont feel it. Then throwing 2000mA at a battery of 2100mAh, boy! I don't know what it will result at, but from my research so far, if the phone didn't blow, the battery will soon be dead.

Ever wonder why Du/Dx battery software works in 3 phases fast, full and trickle charge. The aim is to throw higher current at the battery initially to fasten charging while monitoring the battery with PCM(protective circuit module, inbuilt in the phone). When the battery is about to react the PCM automatically reduces it to full charge and continue, when the battery is about to react again it relieves it by completing with tickle charge. Which is the best mode to use to charge it from start to finish. I don't think the PCM built into F7, has 2000mA in mind as a maximum current to encounter in its working life.

Before you call this post rubbish please take out time to read Joshua Zimmerman of browndog gadgets articles on li-ion solar charger at instructables.com.

Have a great day!!!
Thanks for this nice post brother. I personally bought one of those glorified Samsung note 2A chargers and my phone refused to charge telling me that the power rating was too high. Now i know ppl are actually killing their batteries in the bid to charge faster

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by lilshevy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pls... Which browser do you think is the best for this phantom a...... ?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Baleon: 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2013

Have a great day!!!

Nice write-up BUT you are wrong!

1. How can you say Tecno designed the 5V, 1A after thorough research they designed 5V, 1A specificaly for the Phantoms
All tecno (mostly phones with much lower spec and battery rating than the phantoms) uses 5V, 1A. even there old chinko uses 5v, 1A. (you can confirm)
for example:
N3 is a single core 0.8 Ghz, 512 Ram etc and it come with Tecno 5V, 1A.
while phamtom A+ is a quad core (*4) 1.2Ghz with more and more battery power & features...
Hw can u expect the same kind of adaptor to charge a device like Phantom A+ or a Samsung S4 to charge p3s,& the n3s and the t9..?
Have why wonder why Samsung S4 & cos (high end device) comes with 2A. and nokia lumia 1020 comes with 1.5A (A-C 60)

Moreover all this devices comes with internal regulators.

Finaly
Tecno need to design a dedicated Phantom Charger. or we have no choice but upgrad.

And please don't critize what you have PRACTICALIZE. Practically 5v, 2A all d way

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2013

Have a great day!!!

Thumbs up bro....u r really 2much with this post...i ve even been considering going for dis charger so that i can charge my ba3 within 1hrs.....but now i ve to wait and stick toy follow come 1A...nice post though

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
lilshevy: Pls... Which browser do you think is the best for this phantom a...... ?

Uc browser
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Xhiss: 12:04am On Oct 21, 2013
Baleon:

1. How can you say Tecno designed the 5V, 1A after thorough research they designed 5V, 1A specificaly for the Phantoms
All tecno (mostly phones with much lower spec and battery rating than the phantoms) uses 5V, 1A. even there old chinko uses 5v, 1A. (you can confirm)
for example:
while phamtom A+ is a quad core (*4) 1.2Ghz with more and more battery power & features...
Hw can u expect the same kind of adaptor to charge a device like Phantom A+ or a Samsung S4 to charge p3s,& the n3s and the t9..?
Have why wonder why Samsung S4 & cos (high end device) comes with 2A. and nokia lumia 1020 comes with 1.5A (A-C 60)

Finaly
Tecno need to design a dedicated Phantom Charger. or we have no choice but upgrad.

And please don't critize what you have PRACTICALIZE. Practically 5v, 2A all d way
ur write up is full of ignorqnce
.smh.d guy wrote with proofs nd u only wrote to counter..smh again*

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Otantu: 4:34am On Oct 21, 2013
Neat fairly used F7 (phantom A)for sale 30k negotiable call or whattsup me 08032465609 better if stay in Edo,Delta or Eastern part of Nigeria
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by jubrealguy(m): 5:11am On Oct 21, 2013
[quote author=kp3tech]

N2000 sir
*Pay on delivery
*Transport charge N500 (Lagos)
*N1500 other state.
*get it @ first gate (Festac) at no char
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by jubrealguy(m): 5:12am On Oct 21, 2013
marcjoe:

Hmmm...i use kik too and its ok....i think BBM is over hyped..kik is a nice messaging app too
can i av ur kik username, mine is jubrealguy
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by jubrealguy(m): 5:21am On Oct 21, 2013

Have a great day!!!
MARCJOE, MUNGAI, COOLSTAN.............What can u guyz say about this
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by bukky1: 5:53am On Oct 21, 2013
lilshevy: Pls... Which browser do you think is the best for this phantom a...... ?
Try Dolphine browser n the latest version of UC browser.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 21, 2013
Baleon:

for example:

Finaly

Please read my post very well, did I even said that Tecno designed 5V 1A chargers for phantoms alone. I have n7 and A+, two of them uses the same charger rating.

Are you an engineer? Am an engineer, before you produce anything its first designed and cross checked.

Yes! Every battery/phone that uses lithium based battery comes with internal regulators called PCM. Which works hand in hand with overcharge protector and memory, inbuilt in the battery pack.

Samsung might design there PCM to work with 2A, but that doesn't mean that every regulator (let me use your words) is designed to work with 2A. It is obvious that Tecno did not design their PCM to work with 2A. Thats why they gave you the rating they gave you.

Let me give you another secret, 5V 1A USB charger, is actually the standard for USB charger. So, Tecno is sticking to standard which makes their phones very compatible for Computer USB charging. Other companies might want to raise their bar, but for them to do that, they most design it in. Type USB charging on Wikipedia.org.

See pictures of PCMs (internal regulators) below:

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by niggi4life(m): 7:01am On Oct 21, 2013

Have a great day!!!
bro you are very correct, I bought those Samsung 2A charger last week in a bid to hasten my phantom A+ charging process, at first it was charging fast then I noticed it just stopped charging, it didn't move from 10% which it was, I left it for like an hour it was still at 10% and then the phone was getting so hot(or maybe it was the battery) had to remove the charger then I used my normal charger and alas it started charging again(though slow) please stick with the regular charger ooo, all these phones are fragile
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by flecho: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2013
make una forget all Dis the f7 follow come charger is not good enough @part from 5v 2A adapter which other 1 is beta
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2013
Yeah!!! Technically they are called chargers.

Please I politely rest my case!

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 21, 2013
flecho: make una forget all Dis the f7 follow come charger is not good enough @part from 5v 2A adapter which other 1 is beta

TRY N7`S CHARGER!!
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 7:19am On Oct 21, 2013
they are lots of browsers. Find out the one that suits your style. Personally I don't have a best browser. Opera mini is your best bet if you plan on economizing data usage tho.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 7:23am On Oct 21, 2013
jubrealguy: MARCJOE, MUNGAI, COOLSTAN.............What can u guyz say about this
its totally true. He has already said it all.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by flecho: 7:23am On Oct 21, 2013
Colin Adua:

TRY N7`S CHARGER!!

I don't know d look help upload d pic with its rating
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 7:45am On Oct 21, 2013
jubrealguy: MARCJOE, MUNGAI, COOLSTAN.............What can u guyz say about this
Please dont joke with battery or charging when dealing with android we all know that amidst all the good things about android, battery life is the most challenging part(thats why in playstore around half of apps concerns battery life in one way or another either directly or indirectly), also people if you want to charge faster it not through getting a bigger charger no its through custom kernel which accept fast charge option and as for now Mediatek custom kernel isnt around so stick to your original charger
Coolstan: its totally true. He has already said it all.
i use my original charger and it charges by 3hrs to 3hrs and half so no need for new accessories from screenshot it takes 3hrs and 13 minutes to finish the charge cycle and i have 11% remain as of now

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 7:49am On Oct 21, 2013
jubrealguy: can i av ur kik username, mine is jubrealguy
Marcjoe1
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2013
Colin Adua:

TRY N7`S CHARGER!!

Do u mean n7 charger is faster dan a+ charger...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2013
@colins well done bro kip up d gud wrk grin
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2013
me i don't know wic kind brain i havee i have been folloowing this topic right from page one but i no fit install fifa 14 i downloaded it almost 4 times but no fit play it only ply the first game that's all. But I'll keep on trying sha, all the things which they teach me for uni i don dey forget am sef

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (216) (Reply)

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.